• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    Dozens of boxes of 22lr in stock at Gander. Behind the counter. Get a number and wait. Saw this at 12 pm 6/7

Thanks, I got some CCI Mini Mags. I think they're out of those now though, I couldn't see very clearly but they looked to have a bunch of boxes of Remington Thunderbolt left as of 1PM.

Gummy

May 16, 2009
    Eden
    I would't go in that GM if they where giving away .22.....bag of you know whats in there....

I'm not buying anything from them that involves picking a number. The place wasn't all that great before the "pick a number" crap. Service sucks big time now!

I read this thread.

Run with all the grace my three hundred and sixty some odd pounds could muster to my car.

Burn rubber on the way out of my driveway.

Slalom my Volvo station wagon through traffic on 13.

Skidd into a parking place at Gander Mountain.

Roll out of the car and stumbl towards the front door holding my pants up with my left hand.

Passersby turn and gawk open mouthed in amazement at the a flabby out of breath and sweat soaked madman wobbling through the store

I waddle listlessly to the back counter, light headed and trying to find my breath-- everything spinning around me.

A clerk absently picks his teeth behind the counter and looks at me unimpressed.

Finally I say, "I'm Look..Look...Loooking for twenty two!"

"Fresh out. Had some this morning though. Sold the last one 'bout fifteen, twenty minutes ago."

Then, just to complete my humiliation, I spontaneously soil myself in frustration and slowly slither back to my car a complete mess. Disgraced and empty handed. No soup for you!

FOR THE RECORD AS OF NOW THE .22 AMMUNITION AT GANDER MOUNTAIN IS G.O.N.E.

Notadrone

Mar 19, 2013
    west of Salisbury
    I read this thread.

Run with all the grace my three hundred and sixty some odd pounds could muster to my car.

Burn rubber on the way out of my driveway.

Slalom my Volvo station wagon through traffic on 13.

Skidd into a parking place at Gander Mountain.

Roll out of the car and stumbl towards the front door holding my pants up with my left hand.

Passersby turn and gawk open mouthed in amazement at the a flabby out of breath and sweat soaked madman wobbling through the store

I waddle listlessly to the back counter, light headed and trying to find my breath-- everything spinning around me.

A clerk absently picks his teeth behind the counter and looks at me unimpressed.

Finally I say, "I'm Look..Look...Loooking for twenty two!"

"Fresh out. Had some this morning though. Sold the last one 'bout fifteen, twenty minutes ago."

Then, just to complete my humiliation, I spontaneously soil myself in frustration and slowly slither back to my car a complete mess. Disgraced and empty handed. No soup for you!

FOR THE RECORD AS OF NOW THE .22 AMMUNITION AT GANDER MOUNTAIN IS G.O.N.E.

Sucks you didn't get any. Thanks for the laugh.:lol:

Los

Jan 13, 2013
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    Brilliant!

BTW, the folks there can be good. They've been remarkably helpful with transfers and have hooked me up multiple times, going above and beyond just to keep a customer happy. Their service has changed for the better and I'd encourage you to give them another shot.

Now, if only they would release guns after 7 days...

freddie

Mar 20, 2013
    Only been their once on 3/15 - very helpful - very friendly - not crowded - did paperwork for handgun I purchased on their website. When no one else seemed to have any stock-they had several handguns at reasonable prices - mine was even on sale.

Just got the call today for handgun pickup - will be headed back on Monday.

Los

Jan 13, 2013
    Freddie, that's great news on the handgun. Congrats. Since like you, I bought some guns on the 15th of March, from Gander as well, I guess I should be expecting a call shortly. Today is turning out to be an OK day!

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    I hate shopping there... I literally waited for 25 minutes at the desk holding an empty container of FFF powder waiting for them to bring me a real one. The guy just said "i'll get it for you as soon as I'm done this" and stood there on the computer for 25 minutes while I stood there like a tard. Then took ten seconds to go behind the wall and grab my powder.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    their customer base is Fudds and Noobs. Anyone with sense will tell you a standard nagant revolver is not worth 200.00, Plano reloaders boxes don't cost 10.00 each, and ammo cans don't cost 13.00 at retail. The only reason I sometimes go there is because they are one of the few places on the eastern shore that carry all of the reloading components I need for my 37mm rounds. And their prices beat winks [not by too much though].

freddie

Mar 20, 2013
    Freddie, that's great news on the handgun. Congrats. Since like you, I bought some guns on the 15th of March, from Gander as well, I guess I should be expecting a call shortly. Today is turning out to be an OK day!

Hope you hear from them soon.

MSP date in and date out are not consistent even for same number/type of reviews. Probably depends more on who handles it.

Purchased a Mossberg 500 while I was there doing paperwork - didn't want to leave empty handed.

Always a good road trip for me.

GM is 120 miles from me (one way) - nice motorcycle ride. Shop at GM - get lunch fill-up tank (my belly and motorcycle) - all good.

It can be quite exciting riding over bay bridge during significant winds on a motorcycle. Since I am retired - I can easily time it to miss rush hour and go during the week (last time store was a ghost town).

Los

Jan 13, 2013
    I called them up and that's what they told me too, ie. that they are getting a range of dates back. Unfortunately, no news yet on mine.

Motorcycle riding, guns, all you need to do is add a good looking girl and it sounds like the perfect day!

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    Do tell, where can I buy 50 cal ammo cans for $13 (or less!)? I've been buying quite a few lately and I can't find them for that cheap.

last time I was there, a couple months ago, gander in salisbury had lots of them. My cutoff price is 8.00, I generally get them at yard sales and antique stores and the like. I would call before going first, their prices may have changed.

Los

Jan 13, 2013
    last time I was there, a couple months ago, gander in salisbury had lots of them. My cutoff price is 8.00, I generally get them at yard sales and antique stores and the like. I would call before going first, their prices may have changed.

Prices have gone up, at least anywhere I can find them. Even Cheaperthandirt.com is $200 for a dozen of them ($16.67 each). I wish I had loaded up when they were $8/each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom