• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigBoiB

Jun 4, 2013
    MoCo, Md.... for now!
    I've got a Glock 19 (Gen4) and the magazine release is a little hard to engage. I can do it, but it seems like I have to push the button pretty far into the receiver for it to work. By comparision, I have a G21 and I've used several G22s and they all have a much smoother/easier release to them.

I tried one other G19 that someone else at the range had and it was similiar to mine. Has anyone else noticed theirs needs a some extra 'oomph' to release?

Does anyone make an extended release for the Gen 4 Glocks yet? Last I looked, I had not seen one.

Thanks!

shiloh228

Dec 25, 2012
    Ballmer County
    I thought the mag release button on the Gen 4 was already "extended" (as compared to the Gen 3).

I've noticed (on my Gen 3) that I need to be sure the fingers on my right hand are clear of the opposite end of the release when I hit the "live" end with my thumb...otherwise it won't move enough to release the mag...definitely seems "hard to engage."

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I don't have any issues with my Gen4 G19 mag release. Try to detail strip it and check the spring.

BigBoiB

Jun 4, 2013
    MoCo, Md.... for now!
    Thanks for all the suggestions...

Did a detail strip and didn't notice anything different between that spring and the one in the G21. I'll go ahead and order the Vickers and give that a try. For the people that have the extended release, do you like it? Any issues with accidently dropping a magazine?

ColonelHurtz

A pile of little arms.
    Nov 13, 2008
    My 17L has the factory extended release.
    I've never come close to unintentionally releasing it.

On Glocks you can also get out your Dremel and grind away a detent around the mag release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom