• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    Seriously, this one is a no-brainer if you've got a Gen3 or older Glock.

Original Glock Parts Kits

Kit contains the following: recoil spring assembly, minus collector, two followers, two magazine floorplates, two magazine springs, trigger pin, trigger housing pin, locking block pin, trigger spring, extended slide stop* and extended magazine catch*. (*Not in G21 kit). All work on Glock pistols should be performed by a certified Glock Armorer.
    Fits: (602)G17 kit, (603)G19 kit, (604)G26 kit, (605)G22 kit, (606)G23 kit, (607)G27 kit, (608)G21 kit.

for $19.88

http://www.cabelas.com/cleaning-kits-accessories-original-glock-parts-kits.shtml

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    Of course, after I just ordered all of that from Midway last week

I had been meaning to put together another full repair kit for a while, but hadn't gotten around to it.

This does also come with the extended slide stop lever and extended mag release as well as the 4.5# connector that comes with the G34/G35.

ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    All work on Glock pistols should be performed by a certified Glock Armorer.

Glocks just do it rarely and can be fixed by a monkey with a punch and five minutes.

Monkey-wif-gun.jpg

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    {img}monkey with 1911{/img}

Sure, he can look bad ass holding a 1911... but let's see what happens on his first (inevitable) stovepipe or internet argument about the blasphemy of ambidextrous controls and Novak-style sights. ;) Plus look at the total disregard for trigger discipline... stupid monkey.

(FWIW I'm an avid JMB fan and think the 1911 is a phenomenal platform, but for sheer rugged dependability and stupid simple maintenance the Glock is going to win hands down every time. That being said it's still a machine and the first person to claim they have an unbreakable machine hasn't met a grunt.)

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    I had been meaning to put together another full repair kit for a while, but hadn't gotten around to it.

This does also come with the extended slide stop lever and extended mag release as well as the 4.5# connector that comes with the G34/G35.

3.5# connector.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    But we're dealing with gen3 or older guns here as you said right?
    Wasn't it still a 3.5 back then?

dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    They changed it while the gen3 guns were still in production. The part did not change, only the name.

This is a smoking deal. It would cost me $36 for standard/compact Glocks and $43 for subcompacts from Glock with my discounted armorer pricing.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    I have a Gen 1 G19 that has never had firing issues of any kind. Probably something like 10K or fewer rounds through it. Is this something I should get just for GP?

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    I have a Gen 1 G19 that has never had firing issues of any kind. Probably something like 10K or fewer rounds through it. Is this something I should get just for GP?

Depending on the platform recoil springs should be replaced every 1k-5k rounds just for good measure. Some platforms (like the Glock) will seemingly go forever with the original. I let my G19 go a little over the 10k mark before the first time I replaced the recoil spring. It never had any issues, but afterwards the lockup and cycling felt a lot more firm.

Most of this kit is totally unnecessary unless you physically lose or break the part, but the springs do fatigue over time and it's not bad practice to replace them from time to time.

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    But we're dealing with gen3 or older guns here as you said right?
    Wasn't it still a 3.5 back then?

It was called a 3.5 and marketed as such, but Glock had more than a few complaints that the true weight was closer to 4-4.5lb's so they just renamed the part. It's the identical part as the original 3.5, just with the corrected name.

Current Team Glock specs for the Gen 3 G34/G35:

competition_trigger.gif

Trigger Pull:
    ~2.0 kg / ~4.5 lbs.
    Trigger Travel:
    ~12.5 mm / ~0.5 in.

G35 Gen4:

competition_trigger.gif

Trigger Pull:
    ~2.5 kg / ~5.5 lbs.
    Trigger Travel:
    ~12.5 mm / ~0.5 in.

Check it out:

http://www.teamglock.com/products/all

http://www.glock.com/english/index_pistols.htm

Just one of those "well I'll be damned" pieces of info someone stumped me on in the past so now I've got it memorized.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    Not even 11am and I've learned my new thing for the day.
    Thank You.
    Now I can turn my brain off.

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    Not even 11am and I've learned my new thing for the day.
    Thank You.
    Now I can turn my brain off.

Well I just noticed in researching the Gen 3 "minus" weight that the Gen 4 is listed back at the standard 5.5...

Not sure if that's a typo or if they just standardized the weight across all the models.

To be honest I have a G17L with the minus connector (call it 3.5 or 4.5 or whatever you want) and I can hardly tell a difference between it and any of my standard triggers. It might be lighter, but I can honestly say I'd need a machine to prove it because I can't tell any noticeable difference. Of course I had a friend that ended up with a "NY" trigger (8.5 IIRC) in his G27 and that was immediately recognizable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom