• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    I'm looking to purchase a Glock 17 at some point.

What is the typical going rate for this model, new, totally plain without "bling."
    ETA: chambered in 9mm.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Moonlighter’s correct.

Personally, *unless you “must” have a Gen 5* there are way too many like new, perfectly suitable le trade-ins for under $350, such as:

Find the FFL of your choice local to you, shop for what the charge to do transfers, email a copy of that FFL’s license to online vendor, order the gun online shipped to your FFL and you can get a great Gen 4 for well under $400:

More here (and they charge NO TAX!):

Attachments

• IMG_6017.png
      IMG_6017.png
      1.4 MB · Views: 27
    • IMG_6018.png
      IMG_6018.png
      359.9 KB · Views: 27

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    Moonlighter’s correct.

Personally, *unless you “must” have a Gen 5* there are way too many like new, perfectly suitable le trade-ins for under $350, such as:

Find the FFL of your choice local to you, shop for what the charge to do transfers, email a copy of that FFL’s license to online vendor, order the gun online shipped to your FFL and you can get a great Gen 4 for well under $400
    "Trade-in" meaning used?
    I've seen LE shotgun trade-ins. They usually look pretty rough and used hard. What might be the risks with a LE handgun trade-in?

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    "Trade-in" meaning used?
    I've seen LE shotgun trade-ins. They usually look pretty rough and used hard. What might be the risks with a LE handgun trade-in?

Yes and more times than not le trade ins are closer to like new than rough.

I’ve purchased over a dozen le trade ins and have posted photos here of some that were nothing short of pristine. Crazy really.

You can shop the vendors and see some will indicate condition …

The only thing I care about “looks” with are women and dogs; guns and cars I don’t give a damn what they “look like”, as long as they do what I need them to, when I need them to do it.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    If you want new, get a Blue Label since you’re a veteran

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    If you want new, get a Blue Label since you’re a veteran

You can also qualify for the Blue Label Program with a the purchase of an annual "Double Card" Glock Shooting Sports Foundation membership

It's fairly inexpensive and gives you a good discount on two glocks (blue label coupons provided one year apart)

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    I'd never heard of the Blue Label program so I'll check that out.
    No, it's not the cosmetics that I'm worried about, I just don't want a handgun that's clapped out and won't be reliable.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Very hard to do or find, with Glocks
    Unless it has been run over by a truck, or used as a hammer for a few years, at worst you might need to replace the recoil spring assembly on them and MAYBE the striker spring. If you know what you are doing one is a 30 second job and the other about a 4 minute job. If you don't know, it is 4 minutes and 10 minutes including the time to youtube.

Both are wear items. Figure about 5k rounds on the recoil spring (can easily last more than 10k though, but why not replace it sooner when they are less than $10?) and the later IIRC is around 10-20k rounds?

Granted, I picked mine up sight seen, but I got a LE trade in G21 March 2020. Great shape. Nice grip tape on it. I replaced the striker and recoil springs "just in case" for less than $15. The only "issue" was that the tritium sights on it were basically dead. Daylight worked fine, but they weren't tritium/fiber, so not great to read in daylight. So I swapped them out for some truglo fiber.

I don't think I've had a single issue with it at all in the probably 1000 rounds I've put through it since.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    I knew that Glocks were usually robust and reliable, generally. You guys are really singing the praises so I won't worry about "wear and tear" overly much.

I have taken one down on my bench before. I'm certain I can replace these springs and parts with no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom