• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nick29

MD expat
    Jan 17, 2007
    Suffolk, VA
    John Rhines is in the process of moving to Williamsburg and is winding down his business in MD. John has started sending some of his business my way - I was a past customer of John's before I got my FFL.

Really? John transferred my AR lower for me a few years ago. He's a good guy; spent about half an hour showing me what could be done with the AR platform (his and his son's 3-gun rifles) both times I stopped by (to fill out the paper work then to pick up the lower).

Is he planning on doing transfers and gunsmithing down there? I'm planning on moving to Norfolk next year and may be in need of his services.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I drive out to Corsica from MoCo just to avoid our resident idiot FFLs. I hear 2A in Jessup is good with transfers too as long as it isnt something they can order, bought a Sig off them, happy.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    Really? John transferred my AR lower for me a few years ago. He's a good guy; spent about half an hour showing me what could be done with the AR platform (his and his son's 3-gun rifles) both times I stopped by (to fill out the paper work then to pick up the lower).

Is he planning on doing transfers and gunsmithing down there? I'm planning on moving to Norfolk next year and may be in need of his services.

Yes, that was his plan - to move the whole shop to his new house. I had something transferred just before he moved. We talked about how the HOA down there thought a gunsmithy was an "in demand service" in the region, and a "welcome" addition to the neighborhood.

Nick29

MD expat
    Jan 17, 2007
    Suffolk, VA
    Yes, that was his plan - to move the whole shop to his new house. I had something transferred just before he moved. We talked about how the HOA down there thought a gunsmithy was an "in demand service" in the region, and a "welcome" addition to the neighborhood.

:shocked: That's awesome. It must be really different than moco, where he was probably (if he's lucky) seen as a step above a pedophile.

4MDGunRights

Gun Totin' Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Morris Co, New Jersistan
    I found an 870 tactical for $300 online and called Atlantic to see what they charged for the same shotgun. They wanted $400 + 6% tax. I transfered it through Frank and it cost me $300+ $15 shipping+ $30 transfer. I just can't see giving all that extra cash to Atlantic.

Idempotent

Zombies' Worst Nightmare
    Apr 12, 2010
    I found an 870 tactical for $300 online and called Atlantic to see what they charged for the same shotgun. They wanted $400 + 6% tax. I transfered it through Frank and it cost me $300+ $15 shipping+ $30 transfer. I just can't see giving all that extra cash to Atlantic.

Amen. I ended up getting the rifle that I wanted for over $100 less than Atlantic Guns in Silver Spring was charging, even after including shipping and the FFL fee to Frank.

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)

Did you ask Atlantic if they could do better? Like $345, or so?

Jamie

Idempotent

Zombies' Worst Nightmare
    Apr 12, 2010
    I can't answer for 4MDGunRights, but I told Atlantic Guns that I could get the rifle for over $100 cheaper even after shipping and FFL fees, and they weren't willing to come down on the price at all.

Granted, it was a Remington 700 5R .308, which I gather they won't have any problems selling at even their inflated price, because that rifle is just so desirable.

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    John Rhines is in the process of moving to Williamsburg and is winding down his business in MD. John has started sending some of his business my way - I was a past customer of John's before I got my FFL.

Shooting Ventures, LLC
    11404 Archer Circle, Monrovia, MD, 21770
    301-865-6433
    bob@shootingventures.com

Long Guns / Shotguns (non-assault weapons) - $25
    Regulated Firearms (handguns, assault weapons) - $25 + MD $10 fee
    Integral Omega Locks (if needed) - $20 including tax

Bob has just transferred a Sig for me about 3 weeks ago. I will be definitely using his services again in the future.

I am one of those guys sent by John to Bob.

speedy4

May 17, 2010
    Bethesda
    Montgomery Cnty FFL

I have used Frank Och for several transfers. He is very reasonable($40) and a great guy to shoot the ____ with. unclefrank at earthlink.net or 301-929-1727. speedy4

MG-70

Jul 8, 2007
    MoCo
    Shooting Ventures, LLC
    11404 Archer Circle, Monrovia, MD, 21770
    301-865-6433
    bob@shootingventures.com

Long Guns / Shotguns (non-assault weapons) - $25
    Regulated Firearms (handguns, assault weapons) - $25 + MD $10 fee
    Integral Omega Locks (if needed) - $20 including tax

A BIG THANKS to Bob at Shooting Ventures!

I don't post here that often but have bought via transfers in the Greater Capital Area for the last approximate 20 years, having used the services of numerous dealers from the outskirts of Baltimore all the way up to Emmittsburg.

I recently completed a transfer with Bob and it was as straightforward as it gets. He provided prompt replies to my emails, sent the distributor his FFL right away, and was very accomodating when it came to being available for the filling out of paperwork and retrieval up of the gun.

I found his info. on this very thread and hope to be able to do business with him again soon!

Thanks again for the excellent service!:thumbsup:

beenaround

Apr 2, 2009
    Atlantic has always taken good care of me. They are always MORE than friendly when I come in, they all(Owner, his brothers, and the employees) know me by my first name. You cant fault a business for trying to make a few bucks, or in this case a little more than a few bucks. :rolleyes:

You all have it correct about the policy, they would rather sell you what they have then transfer it in and lose out on the actual sale. Montgomery County is very expensive, and they have to pay bill's just like everyone else.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Anyone looking in the area should also check out Engage Armament in Kensington. They recently became an industry partner.

They do transfers of handguns and long guns (including NFA) and are a manufacturer so they can do a fired shell case if necessary for a new gun.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Best bet for transfers is 2A, if you want someone who will transfer anything reasonably Corsica but you have to go across the BBridge.

Gun Rack is so so......overpriced but if they have what you want, dont think they do transfers. Engage in Kensington is very customer oriented, but transfers very expensive and they are not going to do anything they can get. Atlantic ok to work with, and fair on trades, but priced mid to high.

That said I have done business with all of the above with no significant issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom