• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunlawyer

Jan 18, 2013
    Knoxville, MD
    Howdy y'all:

My buddy Kenny told me that our neighbor (two houses over) had a baby bear on his porch last night. So I thought I would check some of my trail cameras in our tiny 4 acre patch of woods out back after work tonight to see if I got a photo of the little bugger. Sure enough! He was visiting the long established Trophy Rock site.

Now that bear are legal game in Frederick County starting this year, I hope I can draw a bear tag and meet this fellow again in a few years! I have been wanting to get one more bear before I kick the bucket.

Cute little bugger! I wonder where his mom was/is? Hope he is not orphaned!

Baby%20bear%20just%20outside%20Brunswick%20August%202%202016.JPG

Rockn93yj

Nov 24, 2011
    I saw pictures of a large bear and cub in Rosemont this past week. People were stopping in the circle near the fire hall to take pictures. Also saw one adjacent to the brunswick shopping center earlier this year.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    If my friends and I draw a tag again this year we'll be hunting around the corner from you again. Unless gunnlawyer invites me over :innocent0

They're like flies this year, I've stumbled acrossed this one three times now, once was at about 15-20 feet. I think this one is partially deaf, I've walked right up on it the first two times by accident, the time with the picture it saw me instead of hearing me. Hard to explain here but it's just weird how it reacts.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    If I draw one, you have an invite too. Someone said good things about you. Not mentioning any names. :innocent0

I would but i'm a guest of a guest. I better not push it :)
    P
    They're like flies this year, I've stumbled acrossed this one three times now, once was at about 15-20 feet. I think this one is partially deaf, I've walked right up on it the first two times by accident, the time with the picture it saw me instead of hearing me. Hard to explain here but it's just weird how it reacts.

Once i saw the winch that is used to pull the bears up and out of from the bottom of the hills, I actually worry about shooting one up there just a little. Seems like a lot of work after the shot.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Once i saw the winch that is used to pull the bears up and out of from the bottom of the hills, I actually worry about shooting one up there just a little. Seems like a lot of work after the shot.

It can be challenging, I'm sure you'll do fine if you fill your tag, lots of help comes out of the woodwork what you down one. Call me I'll come help.:thumbsup:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Thats not a baby bear...

Yep, I agree. That's no baby bear. Maybe a 2 or possibly 3 year old bear in my opinion. And everybody knows how much of an expert I am about bears, how could anyone doubt me. Double Dose of :sarcasm:

Good luck on pulling a tag!

Gunlawyer

Jan 18, 2013
    Knoxville, MD
    Was out back in the woods checking the pond level last night as a result of the recent heavy rain -it us up to "duck huntable level" happily and noticed an ash tree next to the pond covered in fresh bear claw marks! The last time I had seen bear claw marks on a tree was while hunting bear in northern Saskatchewan some years back-they mark up the aspens pretty well up there. Pretty damn cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom