• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N00bSh00ter

Feb 6, 2014
    MoCo
    Well, the HQL process is complete, so my wife and I went shopping this weekend. Found a Glock 19 at Engage Armament in Rockville (my wife loves it) and decided to go ahead and pull the trigger. So glad we did, and am excited to take it out to a range and get to practicing! Too bad we won't be able to actually get it until next week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Congrats. I might need to pick up something like that in the near future. My first handgun happens to be a glock copy and I'm not too impressed :/

Gr8fulelias

Slow is Smooth
    Nov 15, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Congrats! I'm in the same boat and recently purchased a Model 17 Gen 4. I'm shootting down left consitently. Def need to get some range time in before I'm comfortable with it.

EMS Burnout

Oct 10, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Congratulations, I'm glad to see we are adding to the ranks. I'm sure you will love it. I bought a G19 Gen3 about 3 months ago. My first Glock and I love it. However, I did have the grips ground down and stippled to fit my hand better. I did not like the finger groves.

N00bSh00ter

Feb 6, 2014
    MoCo
    Thanks so much, all! I will say, I was hoping to get a G17 because it simply fits better in my hands, and I'm not going to carry. It's primary purpose, aside from target practice, is for my wife to protect herself if I'm ever out of town. Her hands fit the G19 like a glove, she fell in love with it, and we have to share it for the immediate future, so that was that. I should also add it's a Gen4.

I've been sold on Glocks for their reliability and simplicity. Safeties make me feel less confident in handling guns because I feel like I have to take some of my focus off my technique, so the Glock just seemed to make sense. Plus, it comes with THREE mags!

I don't actually have it, yet. Thanks to Maryland, we have to wait eight days. Won't be able to pick it up until next week, but that's okay.

Quick question for you guys-- where's the best place to buy cheap brass target ammo? Have any of you used AmmoToGo? Found some Fiocchi fmj for $14.95 which seems a good price.

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    Thanks so much, all! I will say, I was hoping to get a G17 because it simply fits better in my hands, and I'm not going to carry. It's primary purpose, aside from target practice, is for my wife to protect herself if I'm ever out of town. Her hands fit the G19 like a glove, she fell in love with it, and we have to share it for the immediate future, so that was that. I should also add it's a Gen4.

I've been sold on Glocks for their reliability and simplicity. Safeties make me feel less confident in handling guns because I feel like I have to take some of my focus off my technique, so the Glock just seemed to make sense. Plus, it comes with THREE mags!

I don't actually have it, yet. Thanks to Maryland, we have to wait eight days. Won't be able to pick it up until next week, but that's okay.

Quick question for you guys-- where's the best place to buy cheap brass target ammo? Have any of you used AmmoToGo? Found some Fiocchi fmj for $14.95 which seems a good price.

http://www.rareammo.com/
    :thumbsup:

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Congrats... I remember how fired up I was about my first handgun. Here's hoping that you use it often, but never need it.

Be safe, and enjoy!

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    There are plenty of on line places for basic range ammo but really Wal-Mart has good prices if you can find it.

Other then that I would urge that you and your wife take a training course or two. Several people here teach NRA Basic courses and there are classes your wife can take by yourself, with you, or with another group of females if that is what she desires.

It's easier to learn the right way rather then unlearning bad habits.

N00bSh00ter

Feb 6, 2014
    MoCo
    Thanks for the heads-up guys. I'll check Wally World. We're going to be taking a few more courses, soon.

Tito

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 4, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Excellent choice. Imo, a Glock 19 is one of the best overall choices for a handgun. Do not be surprised if you purchase a 2nd one in the immediate future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom