• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gun Commander

Industry Partner
    Jan 13, 2023
    Arnold, MD
    Welcome to MDS Mike, it was nice meeting you at Señor Chile with Blaster a few weeks ago.
    Looking forward to taking one of the skill building sessions in the future.

Likewise rbird7282! Look forward to training with you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cyberalex

MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2022
    Federalsburg, Maryland
    Thank you cyberalex! It’s been an honor and a privilege.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My pleasure. People like you and those who are current/former military and LE like some of my family members are why we get to live in peace. Most of my family has been in the public service field for many years like my brother-in-law (USMC), my first cousin (Army Corps of Engineers), and my grandfather on my father's side (Army) who fought in WWII, then one of my older brothers is in law enforcement, and one of my older sisters is a paramedic. Given all of this, I continued my family's legacy, and I am currently a full-time employee with the federal government with a sorta Cybersecurity job. I wanted the job so that I can use my skills and knowledge to solve problems that we as a nation are facing. The president at the community college that I graduated from last May wrote a letter of recommendation for me as he and I have been working together for a long time in helping the student body have a wonderful experience at the college. I made it up the ranks within SGA executive board from events coordinator to president, and I had to tackle the vice presidency simultaneously as the office was vacant, so many meetings and always figuring out what the students wanted. Plus, the college president had prior work experience in my field, so it was a huge help, and leaders like him, you, and many others are why I wanted to be a leader and a fighter for freedom.

Hello Maryland Shooters! I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Miguel Bosch Jr., I also go by Mike, or "Mig." I am wrapping up a combined military / law enforcement career, with total time of 33 years. That all consists of time spent chasing drug runners in the Caribbean in the U.S. Coast Guard, hunting human traffickers and drug smugglers in the U.S. Border Patrol, flying missions on commercial airliners in the Federal Air Marshal Service (where I met Blaster 229), and dismantling drug trafficking organizations that use the mail in the U.S. Postal Inspection Service.

After all these years of learning to shoot and teaching other federal agents to shoot, it is time to pass on that knowledge to the bigger community of responsible gun owners who want structured, professional, and SAFE training. I have been licensed to teach the Maryland HQL and Wear & Carry classes since 2016. After the Supreme Court decision in the Bruen case in June 2022, I launched Gun Commander, LLC. I have two training rooms available for classes; one in Annapolis, and one in Crofton. The range I use is in Annapolis. I post a schedule of classes on my website each month. I try to provide a 4-Day option for the Wear & Carry class which consists of three weeknight sessions from 6 - 10 pm, with the final day on the range being a Sunday afternoon. This is a great option for those who cannot commit a full weekend to training. I also have a 2-Day option on the scheduled weekend from 8am - 4pm.

Now, in my 16 hour, Wear & Carry class, students are introduced to so many skills and techniques that it is impossible to get truly proficient in the allotted time. So, what I have done, and am still in the process of, is breaking down that course material into two to four hour blocks of instruction, where we work on a few skills at a time. You will get a high volume of repetitions, in a small instructor to student ratio. The classroom time is conducted using training guns, and is followed up on the range. On my website, these classes are labeled "Skill Building Session." And a side note, I am happy to have "Blaster 299" onboard!

As a members of the forum, I am offering a 20% discount on either the 4-Day or 2-Day Wear & Carry classes. Look for "MDS-20" on the website. I am also working on discounts for returning MDS members to the Skill Building Sessions. So for now, please check out my website and let me know if you have any questions!

https://guncommander.com/
    Disregard my screen name.

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    Disregard my screen name.
    I've hooked a few of these down in the Keys... :innocent0

They love shrimp flies!

:D

15TB-BOXFISH1-mediumSquareAt3X.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts