• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    You can Pick un a Sunday. You must wait 7 days before taking possesion. Ask some of the other guys who have wqaited 10+days bacause the don't follow the rules.

Dan is a honest good man running a good buisness. I have never ha any problem with Dan.

Look at some of the other psots and realize how lucky you are to have been dealing with the top notch service Dan offers.

MM

simplegreen

Professional Nerd
    Could one of the admins remove the description in the Dealer Connection for Gun Connection...
    "How do you handle regulated firearm transfers after completion of the 7 day wait if the MSP paperwork has not come back:
    My store policy is that we will not transfer any firearm regulated by the State of Maryland, until we have the disposition of "not disapproved", as provided by the Maryland State Police Licensing Division. In regards to a transfer that is only required to have Form 4473, we will transfer if the disposition is proceed. In the event of a delayed transaction, we will transfer either when the proceed is given and/or the three business day wait is up."
    Called today and was told paper work is in with a not disapproved but they will not transfer until the 8th day.

Wouldn't it have been more respectful AND more effective to just PM him or call him directly? To my knowledge Dan has done every single person that has done business with him above and beyond what he needs to. He's one of the few people where you can walk in to his shop sit down throw lunch on the table and ******** with them with out feeling like your being a bother.

I understand your frustration but blasting that out there (and being wrong) was kind of a dick move.

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    Don't feel bad, I bought an XD-40 from Bass Pro on 3/31, Tuesday. I called yesterday, Thursday 4/9 and was told don't call us, we will call you when it comes in. Not exactly what I call good customer service. I will take this into consideration the next time I spend my money on a handgun. Can you guess where it WON'T be?

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    You can Pick un a Sunday. You must wait 7 days before taking possesion. Ask some of the other guys who have wqaited 10+days bacause the don't follow the rules.

Dan is a honest good man running a good buisness. I have never ha any problem with Dan.

Look at some of the other psots and realize how lucky you are to have been dealing with the top notch service Dan offers.

MM

That is correct. You can pick up on a Sunday, as long as the final day does not fall on a Sunday. If your final day falls on a Monday thru Saturday, you are able to pick up the gun on a Sunday.

I really wish people would take the effort they put into bitching about gun laws on the internet, into changing the gun laws on the federal and state level. (many, not all, members here excluded, this site is the best thing to happen to Maryland firearms owners, ever).

Remember, the anti's have nothing to loose, they will only gain ground. If they do nothing, they loose nothing.

We, the honest, law abiding gun owners are the ones that have a hobby/lifestyle/right to loose.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    I think you cannot do the transfer on a Sunday, but it is included in the wait period.

My gawd...and we are probably on the high end of understanding Maryland firearm laws. Just imagine the poor schlub buying his/her first gun and know nothing. MD just makes it too damned dificult with too many gray areas.

Splitter

Heck, for that matter I'd say most of the dealers in this state don't even know the laws that they are required to know. How many dealers know that they don't have to wait for a "not disapproved" before they can transfer a regulated firearm? They either don't know, or think that it somehow CYA, but they are wrong on both counts. Yet most of the same dealers would transfer a Bushmaster M4gery with an unmarked HBAR as unregulated. It really is frustrating. :mad54:

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    That is correct. You can pick up on a Sunday, as long as the final day does not fall on a Sunday. If your final day falls on a Monday thru Saturday, you are able to pick up the gun on a Sunday.

I really wish people would take the effort they put into bitching about gun laws on the internet, into changing the gun laws on the federal and state level. (many, not all, members here excluded, this site is the best thing to happen to Maryland firearms owners, ever).

Remember, the anti's have nothing to loose, they will only gain ground. If they do nothing, they loose nothing.

We, the honest, law abiding gun owners are the ones that have a hobby/lifestyle/right to loose.

Amen Jeep.

KillerTux

Sep 28, 2007
    Odenton
    Wouldn't it have been more respectful AND more effective to just PM him or call him directly? To my knowledge Dan has done every single person that has done business with him above and beyond what he needs to. He's one of the few people where you can walk in to his shop sit down throw lunch on the table and ******** with them with out feeling like your being a bother.

I understand your frustration but blasting that out there (and being wrong) was kind of a dick move.
    Did I say anything mean or untrue? No. They are nice guys and got me a great deal on a handgun, I just didn't understand the extra day because I never had to do that. I talked to them about it and they said it is their policy and I don't agree with it so I will look around for another dealer when I am looking for another handgun. I don't understand how people here can rag on Select Fire and other dealers but when I bring up a legitimate point and it involves Gun Connection I am committing a sin. Yes, I was a bit frustrated but I didn't just rag on them or destroy their character. They fit my needs for that pistol and I will just move on to another dealer. No harm done.

Golf_2/10_Doc

Mar 4, 2009
    I just dealt with the guys at the Gun Connection today. I was far more impressed with the way they handled my particular pistol sale than any other I've had in the past. I once made the mistake of buying a pistol from Bass Pro Shop, they made me wait 8 business days even though my paperwork came back after 4...
    BTW: Thanks for the P22 Dan and co.!

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    The actual reasoning behind that is a Sunday is a legal holiday in MD and does not count as one of the waiting days. So, you can pick up on the 7th day but you cannot include Sunday in that wait. Just some more liberal BS IMO.

The MDSP has said Sundays and holidays are days you cannot transfer, but they are included in the number of days and the law even suggests this because it says the day of purchase is counted as the first day and since you can buy handguns on Sundays and holidays, the law includes those days in the count be default.

rrrrrrkevin

Its comin right for me!
    Jul 18, 2008
    North Beach
    I always thought day 1 was the day that you purchase. Ive bought like 10 regulated in maryland and the basic rule has always been that if i buy on monday i pick up next monday,and if i buy on sunday I pick up next monday making it 7 days and 8 if you buy it on a sunday. I took my GF to buy a gun from GC and I paid for it and I dont think we had to wait 8 days.
    I had someone recommend to me waiting because they said if there was a mistake in the paperwork and it had already been transferred then the ATF can come to your house to get the gun so it was better to get the paperwork back but never flatly told to wait 8 days. In my honest opinion I wouldnt do the transaction even for something that simple because I believe if you give somebody an inch they will take a mile before you know it they will be making you wait 9 days because they think its 8 and they count day 1 as day zero or something

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    My wife bought a Glock 19 last saturday at the frederick show and is on her way home with it right now. I was pretty sure she'd have to wait until Monday (theyre closed Sundays). Confusing to me.

Just to add I haven't visited GC yet but Dan has answered some questions for me and has always been timely and polite. I will definitely get my next gun from him.

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    Don't feel bad, I bought an XD-40 from Bass Pro on 3/31, Tuesday. I called yesterday, Thursday 4/9 and was told don't call us, we will call you when it comes in. Not exactly what I call good customer service. I will take this into consideration the next time I spend my money on a handgun. Can you guess where it WON'T be?

Bass Pro called today, Saturday the 11th to tell me to come get my XD-40. Does MSP process paperwork on Saturdays?

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    My wife bought a Glock 19 last saturday at the frederick show and is on her way home with it right now. I was pretty sure she'd have to wait until Monday (theyre closed Sundays). Confusing to me.

Just to add I haven't visited GC yet but Dan has answered some questions for me and has always been timely and polite. I will definitely get my next gun from him.
    Isn't today the 8th day?

1 Saturday
    2 Sunday
    3 Monday
    4 Tuesday
    5 Wednesday
    6 Thursday
    7 Friday
    8 Saturday

The way I see it, as asinine as the MD 7 day wait is, if I had to wait one whole extra day to pick up a handgun, I think I could somehow dig deep and find the patience.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    I always thought day 1 was the day that you purchase. Ive bought like 10 regulated in maryland and the basic rule has always been that if i buy on monday i pick up next monday,and if i buy on sunday I pick up next monday making it 7 days and 8 if you buy it on a sunday. I took my GF to buy a gun from GC and I paid for it and I dont think we had to wait 8 days.
    I had someone recommend to me waiting because they said if there was a mistake in the paperwork and it had already been transferred then the ATF can come to your house to get the gun so it was better to get the paperwork back but never flatly told to wait 8 days. In my honest opinion I wouldnt do the transaction even for something that simple because I believe if you give somebody an inch they will take a mile before you know it they will be making you wait 9 days because they think its 8 and they count day 1 as day zero or something

Dan delivers on the eighth day and always faxes his apps in the day you buy the gun. I think the law states that it is from the day the state receives the app, so if the dealer mails it instead of faxing it I believe it takes longer. The eighth day pickup is nothing new, seems most dealers don't comply with it though or mess around and don't fax the app over the day you fill it out.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Dan delivers on the eighth day and always faxes his apps in the day you buy the gun. I think the law states that it is from the day the state receives the app, so if the dealer mails it instead of faxing it I believe it takes longer. The eighth day pickup is nothing new, seems most dealers don't comply with it though or mess around and don't fax the app over the day you fill it out.

It is the day it is sent, not recieved. So let's say the application was sent registered mail, the day it was mailed is the first day of the wait.

(b) Notice.
    (1) If the Secretary disapproves a firearm application,
    the Secretary shall notify the prospective
    seller, lessor, or transferor in writing of the
    disapproval within 7 days after the date that the
    executed firearm application is forwarded to the
    Secretary by certified mail or facsimile machine.
    (2) After notifying the prospective seller, lessor,
    or transferor under paragraph (1) of this
    subsection, the Secretary shall notify the prospective
    purchaser, lessee, or transferee in writing
    of the disapproval.
    (3) The date when the prospective seller, lessor,
    or transferor forwards the executed firearm
    application to the Secretary by certified mail or
    by facsimile machine is the first day of the 7-day
    period
    allowed for notice of disapproval to the
    prospective seller, lessor, or transferor.
    5-123. Time for licensee to complete transactions.
    (a) Seven-day waiting period. A licensee
    may not sell, rent, or transfer a regulated firearm
    until after 7 days following the time a firearm application
    is executed by the firearm applicant, in
    triplicate, and the original is forwarded by the
    prospective seller or transferor to the Secretary.
    To add, from the way I read it, if Monday is the day of purchase and the application is sent in on monday, then next Monday is trhe seventh day, but the law says it can only be transferred after the seventh day which means it will be ON the eight day or Tuesday in this case.
    I think Gun Connection is observing the law to the letter.

Mossyoak

Never enough
    Jan 5, 2009
    Ceciltucky
    I purchased a regualted gun from GC last Sat. and was told i could pick it up in 8 days.
    So i will go back on or after the 8th day.

Dan and his crew are great.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I don't think there is any question these guys are under close scrutiny. I wouldn't blame them if they wanted to add an extra day to the wait just to cover their own backsides (which they don't). I can't recommend GC enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom