• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phillywilly

May 30, 2008
    Germantown
    I am going camping in Shenandoah NP next week and thought I would take advantage and pick up so 30rd magazines for my AR. Does any one know of a good well stocked gun shop along the way? I take 495 then 66 to Front Royal. Thanks for any suggestions.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Virginia Arms is your place
    http://www.virginiaarms.com/

Take the 234 "bypass" to the intersection with Rt 28. Hand a left and it's a little ways up on the left in a strip shopping center.

There's also a shop in Front Royal but I've never been in there.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    There is a gun shop on the 522/211 route, on the right-hand side approaching the park. Don't know the name - just has a big sign saying "Guns" and "Exchange" or "Trading Post" or something. They have a big Glock sign on the front, you can't miss it.

I think the nearest town is Washington? Maybe Sperryville.

The best thing is this - if you come into Front Royal, instead of going straight into the park take 522 south, then a right onto 211. This will bring you into the park around mile post... 30? And you'll shave 20 minutes off the trip to Big Meadows, or Skyland, or Panorama, or any points further south. Maybe more, if the leaf peepers have the northern end of the drive congested.

Plus, you can say "ooh honey LOOK! A gun shop, can we just stop in for a minute?"

Caveat - I haven't stopped in there, myself, yet.

BTW, I was there last weekend and the northern end was still days away from peaking, the southern end a week or more.

Enjoy your trip!

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    There is a gun shop on the 522/211 route, on the right-hand side approaching the park. Don't know the name - just has a big sign saying "Guns" and "Exchange" or "Trading Post" or something. They have a big Glock sign on the front, you can't miss it.

I think the nearest town is Washington? Maybe Sperryville.

The best thing is this - if you come into Front Royal, instead of going straight into the park take 522 south, then a right onto 211. This will bring you into the park around mile post... 30? And you'll shave 20 minutes off the trip to Big Meadows, or Skyland, or Panorama, or any points further south. Maybe more, if the leaf peepers have the northern end of the drive congested.

Plus, you can say "ooh honey LOOK! A gun shop, can we just stop in for a minute?"

Caveat - I haven't stopped in there, myself, yet.

BTW, I was there last weekend and the northern end was still days away from peaking, the southern end a week or more.

Enjoy your trip!

I think that of which you speak is Clark Bros in Warrenton. It is well worth the stop.

Here's the link for Clark's

http://www.clarkbrosguns.com/home.html

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    The place I'm thinking of isn't Clark's, it's right on Lee Hwy (211), real close to SNP. I went past there last weekend but didn't have time to stop by. In the past, I've gone to SNP via 66/29/33, or down 340 to Front Royal, this was the first time I tried 211.

I tried Googling for gun shops in that area, no luck though. It was somewhere around the Washington/Sperryville stretch. Maybe someone here knows the place?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom