• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lennyjoe

Sep 22, 2007
    Hagerstown
    Just got a phone call post interview and the company wants to fly me out there for a face to face interview on Thursday 11 Oct. Looking forward to seeing the area.

If they offer me the position then I should be in that area around 1 Nov to take up residence.

Now to start searching for property in either PA or WVA. Might have to hole up in an apartment til the house sells here and the family joins.

Suggestions?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I think you're smart to live across the border in free territory, but i hope you'll be willing to come partake of the festivities when general assembly time comes.

You and DD214 can have Arizona old home week. :D

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Hagerstown is a good area, I would look at moving there before doing the cross state lines thing .... but I couldn't blame you for doing it.

Washington County is very conservative however. Unfortunately MD politics is firmly controlled by the Balt/Wash central liberal section.

Lennyjoe

Sep 22, 2007
    Hagerstown
    Sure I will

I'm used to carrying a CCW so living in MD might not work out too well. I like my guns too much.

But, that doesn't mean that I won't fight along side of you guys trying to get the laws changed.

I plan on looking around the area Wed afternoon and seeing where things are.

Any suggestions on where to stay away from?

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    There aren't really and "bad" areas that I know of. It's pretty rural but Hagerstown has everything you would need in town. Get a realtor to show you around.

I don't know anything about PA out there but I know a couple folks who live in Harpers Ferry WV and really like it. Martinsburg is probably another good place to look. As far as MD goes living somewhere between Hagerstown and Frederick would probably be good. Easy access to DC and Balt.

Good luck!

armedsks

Feb 27, 2007
    Sharpsburg, MD
    Stay outa Hagerstown city. Look for places like Smithburg, Boonsboro, Huyett, Cearfoss, Williamsport. (all towns within 5 miles or so of Hagerstown. There are also some decent places on the out skirts of the city. Just dont move into a row home in town!

Im about 25 min south of Hagerstown in Sharpsburg. (antietam battlefield)
    Pretty rural out here. I have 3.25 acres, half is woods and it backs up to my neihbors 36,17 acres of woods. So i can hunt right out of my back yard.:party29:

Lennyjoe

Sep 22, 2007
    Hagerstown
    Will do.

I'm looking for a house + acres in either WVA or PA.

For now, the family will stay here until the house sells. In the mean time I'll rent an apartment.

armedsks

Feb 27, 2007
    Sharpsburg, MD
    You can try Mercersburg or Greencastle Pa. They are just over the border. also Falling Waters or Matinsburg area in Wv. Both are close enough to commute to Hagerstown

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    One thing we forgot to tell you that I just remembered. MD is ridiculous on storage of powder, so if you reload remember no more than five pounds in your possession at a time, and no storage of powder in an apartment building.
    There are no restrictions in MD statute on loaded ammo in an apartment though, so if you don't reload it is not an issue.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Yep I'm a reloader. Right now I have about 15 lbs of powder.

Oops.

It is possible to get a license to store and possess more than five pounds, but it costs $50.

It is theoretically possible (I am not a lawyer) to store five pounds in three different places, but that depends on what the definition of "possess" is.

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Oops.

It is possible to get a license to store and possess more than five pounds, but it costs $50.

It is theoretically possible (I am not a lawyer) to store five pounds in three different places, but that depends on what the definition of "possess" is.

Or it depends on what the definition of "is" is.

Bill_Clinton_Biography_2.jpg

xd40c

Business Owner-Gun Toter
    Sep 20, 2007
    East Earl, PA
    Stay outa Hagerstown city. Look for places like Smithburg, Boonsboro, Huyett, Cearfoss, Williamsport. (all towns within 5 miles or so of Hagerstown. There are also some decent places on the out skirts of the city. Just dont move into a row home in town!

Im about 25 min south of Hagerstown in Sharpsburg. (antietam battlefield)
    Pretty rural out here. I have 3.25 acres, half is woods and it backs up to my neihbors 36,17 acres of woods. So i can hunt right out of my back yard.:party29:

Dittoe on the Hagerstown Row homes. I know a family trying to sell there. They has to spend 10 large to get the water lines replaced between the house and the city water.

Lennyjoe

Sep 22, 2007
    Hagerstown
    I'm flying in tomorrow. Will be in the area around 1600 hours. I plan on looking either in Martinsburg WVA or Chambersburg PA for apartments.

What about Greencastle or Waynesboro PA?

Suggestions?

armedsks

Feb 27, 2007
    Sharpsburg, MD
    Greencastle is just up I-81 from hagerstown Decent place. Waynesboro is about half hour or less north east. also nice place.(has the small town feel with the hospital and the mighty super walmart!)

Lennyjoe

Sep 22, 2007
    Hagerstown
    Well, its official. I'll be heading out that way next week. Will be looking for rental property by next thursday. Starting the job on Monday the 5th of Nov.

I'll keep an eye out for news of get togethers so I can meet up with some of you Maryland shooters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom