• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Terphunter

Jul 25, 2012
    At Barts Sports...530$. You can find them if you look. This was in October...before the madness...but they are around.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    While not Czech , I do have a level of respect for Hungarian guns. But the FEG is emphatically NOT a HiPower. The Kareen is fairly close , but unauthorized. The FIbrica Militar is 100% HiPower.

Yes Ruger PSeries 9mms are rugged and ugly. Back in the day I knew several people reasonably satisfied with P89 MkII's . But in modern time , the P95 is a step forewards , and still very reasonable. And only 95% as ugly.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    While not Czech , I do have a level of respect for Hungarian guns. But the FEG is emphatically NOT a HiPower. The Kareen is fairly close , but unauthorized. The FIbrica Militar is 100% HiPower.

Yes Ruger PSeries 9mms are rugged and ugly. Back in the day I knew several people reasonably satisfied with P89 MkII's . But in modern time , the P95 is a step forewards , and still very reasonable. And only 95% as ugly.

Parts 100% interchange between most of the FEG's & FN/Browning. There is a later FEG that sort of resembles a HP, but like the CZ, parts do not interchange. The later cheaper FEG uses a S&W locking system and has a different decocking lever & safety; relatively easy for the informed to see the difference.

In my book, if parts 100% interchange, its the same.

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    I would pass on the storms. State police got rid of them for a reason. However i would look at the springfield xd you can get them for a similar price point or check out the cz p-07 duty i have one its sweet!

spfrazierjr

Mar 1, 2013
    I would pass on the storms. State police got rid of them for a reason. However i would look at the springfield xd you can get them for a similar price point or check out the cz p-07 duty i have one its sweet!

So because one police force switched weapons you feel the old ones had problems? Great logic there... :facepalm:

Whitty Whit

Mar 20, 2013
    I feel the Springfield range kit with mags, holster etc. is on of the best package deals out there. Plus they are highly customizable is that is your thing.

Fodder4Thought

New Dad!!
    Jul 19, 2009
    Y'know what's really frustrating? All those great looking guns I'm finding online that Md won't let me have. Especially the SARARMS ones.

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Does anyone have a Springfield XD?

What is your honest opinion?

I handled one at Free State the other day.

If you like Glock or the M&P, you will like the XD. They are all a little different, but the striker-fired trigger is different from that of say a PX-4, 226, or USP. Different function, different feel, very different reset. I like both styles. Some people prefer one over the other.

The Smith SW9VE may also be of interest...a friend got one for $270 LNIB a few months ago. Terrible trigger but at the price it's a great buy as it's arguably as reliable as you get for that price unless you find one of the $200 Smith Model 64's.

The Watcher

Armed and Medicated
    May 6, 2013
    Upperco, MD
    I stopped by Continental today just to see what they had for rental guns. They are quite well stocked.

Some day soon I'll go over and test a couple.

The Watcher

Armed and Medicated
    May 6, 2013
    Upperco, MD
    I test fired the P226 and SP2022 at Continental on Tuesday. It was probably me but I did slightly better with the P226.

Next time maybe I'll try the Glock and Berretta.

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    If you can afford the 226, it's a better gun than the 2022. You can sometimes find CPO 226s and 229s, but they sell so fast they can be hard to locate in stock models. For that matter, it's a better gun than virtually everything on the market. The extra heft from the metal lower also makes it a little easier to shoot, and the 226/229 has a ton of trigger options (not sure if the 2022 does or not). Their Elite models which are all-stainless are heavy as can be and have recoil that feels like you are shooting one caliber lower than you actually are. Also, the revalue of a 226/229 is really high, so it's something that holds its value which is a big plus for any larger purchase.

If I was in the market for a cheaper (cheaper in price not in quality) 9mm that's gotten great reviews I'd purchase a SCCY 9mm, and as a plus it's on the roster. If you really need more than 10+1 rounds you need better gun control (gun control being able to hit your target). I've seen it selling for well less than $300.00.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    In mho nothing is a better all around 9mm than a Glock. I know you said you don't like them, but I have to wonder why? I've carried the same one for over 18 years, without a hitch. They're tough, reliable, easy to maintain, easy to shoot and ultra accurate. I'm not offended in the least. To each his own. But I am curious as to why you don't like Glocks. That being said, springfield is good, as is the s&w.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    image.jpg

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members