• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Trotting through, might be back sometime. I have traps set for fox there, but they are coyote traps with coyote staking systems. Bunch of red fox tracks and almost had 1 today.

These are big dogs- big tracks. I had it confirmed they are def coyote by some veteran coyote trappers in other states.

3rd pic is what coyote tracks look like in snow. That was in the unpaved alley behind my house 2 winters ago.

Attachments

• coyotetracksskillman1.jpg
      coyotetracksskillman1.jpg
      143.9 KB · Views: 846
    • coyotetracksskillman2.jpg
      coyotetracksskillman2.jpg
      141.9 KB · Views: 855
    • coyotetrackmaybeHDGb.JPG
      coyotetrackmaybeHDGb.JPG
      47 KB · Views: 880

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Where are you in HdG? Down near the park? I know people who have seen them in the park but I have yet to see one myself

Midtown by Tidewater marina. There have been foxes at the marina on/off, as well as groundhogs and cottontails. Otters and beavers in the river, plus saw a mink on the ice last winter too. Had a mink in my alley the first year too, was a snow near mid march. Raccoons and possums all over the town of course.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I've seen a few yotes in Darlington. Off Old Level Road over the years.

Lerlactl

Oct 17, 2010
    Had a large one approach me a few years ago in Edgewood. Damn thing was huge. It looked like a German Shepard with extra long legs.

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    Lot's of coyotes in APG. Too bad I can't hunt them. haha

I see and hear a lot of coyotes here in Nebraska all the time. I'm waiting for the cold weather before I start hunting them. I might skin 'em and sell the furs.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    coyote scat?

From the size of this I think there is now one more predator that my chikins have to watch out for. I've not seen fox scat this large and there is fur visible so it's not domestic. A buddy suggested owl pellets but from what I"ve read they are not this large, plus no overhead trees for the owl to be perched on. This is just S. of Fallston not too far from Reckord Rd. Park.

Attachments

• 20160401_173824.jpg
      20160401_173824.jpg
      140.7 KB · Views: 652

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    From the size of this I think there is now one more predator that my chikins have to watch out for. I've not seen fox scat this large and there is fur visible so it's not domestic. A buddy suggested owl pellets but from what I"ve read they are not this large, plus no overhead trees for the owl to be perched on. This is just S. of Fallston not too far from Reckord Rd. Park.

Bear in mind it could very well be a stray dog that's been surviving on carrion and the like. That does look like yote poop however.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Yea, feral dogs have not really been a problem around here, not since the previous landowner shot 2 of the neighbors mutts and left them on their front porch 40 some years ago.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side

Good lord you are taking this seriously. I think I have yotes around me in Pastasco but I have yet to spot them in the daylight. I have gotten a few eyeshines at night but I'm not 100% sure. I'll start looking more for poop like this.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    You may want to contact Aberdeen Proving Grounds. They have had coyotes for years. I'm in Abingdon and I hear them every once in awhile. I have 400 acres of woods behind my house. I know the owner won't let you trap back there. I have permission to hunt deer, but the fox and almost anything else is off limits.

All you need to do is post a message at the Tractor Supply Store in Aberdeen and I'm sure any farmer with a coyote issue, in the area, will let you trap them.

Kinda funny you would mention this. There was a vendor at the Oaks show in PA that had fox and coyote pelts for sale, then I read your post. Good luck!

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    We are overrun with them out here. Just keep an ear out. Sit outside some night and have some whiskey, they may confirm your suspicions themselves.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    A couple of years back there was a dead one on Shuresville Road near the dam. It looked like it was shot then dumped. Nice size. Chris

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery

Underrated....that's at least a 5 dolla turd right there. :D

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Good lord you are taking this seriously. I think I have yotes around me in Pastasco but I have yet to spot them in the daylight. I have gotten a few eyeshines at night but I'm not 100% sure. I'll start looking more for poop like this.

I'm not looking for it I just happened to see it n recognize it as markedly larger then the fox crap I usually see around the chicken coop and driveway. Suspected it was coyote and remembered this thread.

Underrated....that's at least a 5 dolla turd right there. :D

Inflation is rearing it's ugly head again. Lol. I suppose if you follow the silver thread hardcore the FRN could be considered the pile of poop. :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom