• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • helmetmike

Sep 30, 2010
    So. MD 29B
    How many of you remember SB281? The Democratic machine in Maryland is counting on gun owners to have short memories. With an upcoming election in November they want to retain total control and your lack of memory is key to them. If you are still mad about SB281, talk to folks about it and make sure to vote for a pro-2A candidate. We can only impact elections if we register to vote and actually get out and cast a ballot. Sitting on the sidelines will only ensure that the O'Malley team (Brown & Co.) and their minions return for another round. Can we win every race? No. Can we win some of the races? Yes. Please look over the candidates carefully and help those who seek to change the status quo. We are suffering a death by a thousand cuts. How about we return the favor and cut a few of the bums who have little to no respect for us from their jobs in Annapolis.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    We need to challenge the incumbents politicians

They should work for us.

If they don't, we need to change our representation this November 4th.:tdown:

We have no use for ambitious, career politicians. :sad20:

Attachments

• Slide1.jpg
      Slide1.jpg
      90.2 KB · Views: 339

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I can't believe who low information voters select over and over again through pure ignorance.

When Cummings took the primary with something like 95% of his district in June, in spite of his corruption, I lost allota faith in humanity.

The idiotic things that politicians say and do should result in them being run outta town, instead they get voted back in because there's a "D" next to their name on the ballot.

Never forget their betrayal.

A candidate's position on 2 A is a fair litmus test on their respect for the constitution IMHO. If they support 2A wholly, they get what the relationship between government and the people is supposed to be. Public servants and citizens vs elites and subjects.

helmetmike

Sep 30, 2010
    So. MD 29B
    A candidates position on 2A is only valid if there is some substance to the claim. Case in point, Gov. O'Money claims to support the constitution and the 2A. Look at what that got us. Just saying they support the 2A is not enough. What actions are they taking or willing to take. Do they put it in writing? If they are an incumbent, what does their record look like? How are they rated by Pro-2A organizations? Even Obama claims he supports the constitution. In short we need to not trust until we verify because there are plenty of politicians willing to tell you one thing but do something opposite. In particular my own Delegate (john Bohanan) told a number of us that he supported the 2A and finally after much coercion went on record that he would oppose SB-281. Granted he voted against the bill on the final vote, but his voting record during the amendment votes says a much more revealing story. Of the 35 amendment votes, he cast no vote what-so-ever 13 times, voted with Pro-2A 12 times, and voted with the leadership 10 times. Basically we got a 1/3 support from him and he walked a spineless middle ground that covered his back with everyone.

fire_medic

Nov 16, 2008
    Calvert County
    Only 7.7% of eligible voters decided who was in the Primaries. If there is ever a poster child of Apathy that is it. We need to vote anyone out that was for SB281,

10609657_693600047385573_6388185629875063379_n.jpg

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Only 7.7% of eligible voters decided who was in the Primaries. If there is ever a poster child of Apathy that is it. We need to vote anyone out that was for SB281,

Pitiful. Amazing how many people have no idea how critical the primaries are and how much they shape the general election/policies going forward.

Even though none of my choices won in the primary, I still have complaint rights over what comes of it all, since I am one of those 15% :)

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    A candidates position on 2A is only valid if there is some substance to the claim. Case in point, Gov. O'Money claims to support the constitution and the 2A. Look at what that got us. Just saying they support the 2A is not enough. What actions are they taking or willing to take. Do they put it in writing? If they are an incumbent, what does their record look like? How are they rated by Pro-2A organizations? Even Obama claims he supports the constitution. In short we need to not trust until we verify because there are plenty of politicians willing to tell you one thing but do something opposite. In particular my own Delegate (john Bohanan) told a number of us that he supported the 2A and finally after much coercion went on record that he would oppose SB-281. Granted he voted against the bill on the final vote, but his voting record during the amendment votes says a much more revealing story. Of the 35 amendment votes, he cast no vote what-so-ever 13 times, voted with Pro-2A 12 times, and voted with the leadership 10 times. Basically we got a 1/3 support from him and he walked a spineless middle ground that covered his back with everyone.

Agreed there's lip service and plenty of fair weather friends when it comes to constitutional issues.

Absolutely right, the previous voting records (if they have any) is a good bellwether and pretty much what I was eluding to. If they have no record to run on, there are a lot of other indicators that could be used - besides their words.

Because they ALL support the 2A (its all about how they define it, right?) Then the true colors show when there's a "...but" quickly added and some cockamamy hogwash that follows.

helmetmike

Sep 30, 2010
    So. MD 29B
    Agreed there's lip service and plenty of fair weather friends when it comes to constitutional issues.

Absolutely right, the previous voting records (if they have any) is a good bellwether and pretty much what I was eluding to. If they have no record to run on, there are a lot of other indicators that could be used - besides their words.

Because they ALL support the 2A (its all about how they define it, right?) Then the true colors show when there's a "...but" quickly added and some cockamamy hogwash that follows.

Agreed. You could add to that "but" these : "common sense," "reasonable," "compromise," "common ground," and my favorite "it's for the children." What a load of buffalo chips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom