• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    I went in to 2A to pick up a used Glock 17 Gen 3 (which I did :)), when I heard that Mark had aquired a used T/C Contender. I had been looking at them for many years, but never finding a lot of them in this area, I put the idea on the back burner. One look at the one Mark had, and I decided that it needed a good home, especially for the price. It had two barrels with it, a .41mag and a .357 Herrett. I swapped a friend a .223 for the .41, he's a contender freak and has been looking for a .41 for a long time. This thing is practically cherry, and I can't wait to shoot it.

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

Thanks once again to Mark, for great service, and the never-know-what-you'll-find selection at 2A!

MH

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    I will! I'm going to head over to AGC today to give it a try. Just factory stuff, but I've got some dies and slugs on the way.

MH

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    Thanks for the kind words. So far, I likey a lot. :)

From the rest, I was getting 100yd, 10 shot groups around 2" with factory rounds, with most of the group size in vertical stringing. I'm not real sure if I like the scope location or not yet, I may move it forward a touch, as I feel that I'm stretching a bit to get the eye relief. I took this scope off another pistol, so when the replacement comes in I'll try them at different spots. The rest I was shooting off felt a tad low as well, which may have added to the "off" feeling. The trigger is breaking at 2.5#, virtually no creep. I don't know if it had work done or just adjusted, but I'm not touching it.

As mild as the .223 is in rifle, it had a bit more than I was expecting in pistol form, but very controllable and easy to shoot. I'm looking forward to seeing what it will do with some reloads. I'd like to get some other used barrels for it, but I haven't had any luck in finding them around here. All signs point to out of state gun shows.

As expected, the Glock shot flawlessly, no problems. I replaced the connector with a Ghost 3.5# Rocket, beefed up the trigger spring, polished the striker safety plunger, and I'm getting a nice smooth break, right in at about 3-3.5#. :thumbsup:

MH

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom