Hey... HERE'S an interesting question....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    Let's say I fly to another state, on business, and while I'm there, I come across a deal on 30 rd PMAGS.

If I don't want the hairy-eyeball (and possible body cavity search) of bringing them home in a checked bag, can I ship them home?

I already "took possession" of them in [insert "free" state here]. So why can't ***I*** Fedex them to ***myself***?

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Great point but I'm sure the answer is no...

Nice thinking outside the box...Besides whats wrong with a good old fashion body cavity search? Just have a drink and limber up first :rolleyes:

Elynchjr23

Jan 7, 2013
    I had that same question as I am going to Alabama on Tuesday for a week and was going to try and look for some

KevinB

Dec 4, 2008
    Germantown
    What's wrong with putting them in checked baggage? I'd be more worried about them in a carry-on. I've brought them (as well as other AR parts) home from Michigan in my checked luggage with no repercussions, even when TSA has inspected the bag.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    You are releasing possession when you ship it. When you have it delivered to you in Md, you are taking posession of it again. I guess I read that as it is illegal. I dunno.

Logically I think its ok, but the law i not logical. my .02

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    No problem with them in checked bags.

Should be no problem with them in carry on bags. As long as they are not loaded. :)

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Once you buy it, it's yours. I don't really see a difference in hand carrying them back here or shipping them to your house.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Since you own it you can ship it to yourself as I understand.

Caveat:
    Add: To be opened by addresse only

You will only be in trouble if someone other than yourself takes possession. Might want to ask a real lawyer, that is just my take.

flyingblind

Oct 3, 2012
    I travel a lot for work, often times pmags make their way into my checked bag, only problem I had was when I connected through LGA and TSA did a random search of my bag, but because I wasnt getting my bag out of checked baggage all they did was page me, ask me why I had 10 mags in my bag, ask me not to do it again, and generally made me feel like a criminal for 5 minutes, then apologized for the hassle and I boarded my flight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom