• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Forest

The AR guy
    Jul 13, 2011
    When you can find ammo. It used to be that 9mm was pretty much the "universal" round. Now, however, .40 is much more plentiful on the shelves.

Only in this state - and I can't figure out why. Even in CT (who's laws are worse than ours) has 9mm on the shelves from their LGS's to Dick's.

VA it was easy to find by the case at the gunshow.

As for the Hi-Point carbines - they are a surprising good deal, fun to shoot & reliable, but on the crude side for construction.

I'd advise getting a bore snake or better yet an Otis cable cleaning kit to get the barrel clean.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Only in this state - and I can't figure out why. Even in CT (who's laws are worse than ours) has 9mm on the shelves from their LGS's to Dick's.

VA it was easy to find by the case at the gunshow.

As for the Hi-Point carbines - they are a surprising good deal, fun to shoot & reliable, but on the crude side for construction.

I'd advise getting a bore snake or better yet an Otis cable cleaning kit to get the barrel clean.

I'll have to look closer on my VA outings. Thanks for the tip.

Of you're willing to spend a bit more, I got the Just Right Carbine in 9mm. So far very solid and a surprisingly accurate shooter from my first outings with mine.

chevellenut71

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Cape Saint Clare / Annapolis
    I love mine I have the 9mm and put in a ATI stock and mounted a rail on top with a red dot and that thing will tag a golf ball at 50 yards all day long....real fun to shoot....and everyone who shoots it also loves it..

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    I would choose 9 over .40. As far as bang for your buck goes, have you considered a mosin? For 300 bucks you could get the rifle and a case of ammo and probably still have a little left.

Whitty Whit

Mar 20, 2013
    40 is definitely more available than 9 like others have said. But 9mm is starting to show up more and more.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom