• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rocky BearDog

1 mile south of freedom
    Sep 6, 2011
    Millers, MD.
    My 995 before and after swapping the "planet of the apes" stock for the ATI. Found the discontinued ATI stock on eBay back in April.

Attachments

• 995 Before.jpg
      995 Before.jpg
      64.7 KB · Views: 311
    • 995 After.jpg
      995 After.jpg
      69.3 KB · Views: 313

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Why is it nobody makes aftermarket magazines that hold more than ten rounds?

Why doesn't someone recognize a market niche and step in and fill it?

There have been 25 round mags available for Ruger 10/22s for 40 years.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Why is it nobody makes aftermarket magazines that hold more than ten rounds?

Why doesn't someone recognize a market niche and step in and fill it?

There have been 25 round mags available for Ruger 10/22s for 40 years.
    for real. These things are cheap and popular.

bigD

Ole Cowboy
    Jun 6, 2012
    I like my 995 a lot. They are fun to shoot. If you get tired of 10 shots at a time, simply buy the 15 round clone but before you use it take one of you 10 round mags apart and retain the top piece, disassemble 15 round clone and replace the plastic wrongly shaped top piece with metal one from the 10 round. They work well in my 995.

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    I do not think I have ever seen one of these carbines in person at any gun shop or show, or I just did not realize what they were. Too bad they don't take Glock magazines, one chambered in .45ACP with a Glock 30 round stick would be great.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I like my 995 a lot. They are fun to shoot. If you get tired of 10 shots at a time, simply buy the 15 round clone but before you use it take one of you 10 round mags apart and retain the top piece, disassemble 15 round clone and replace the plastic wrongly shaped top piece with metal one from the 10 round. They work well in my 995.

^^Thanks!

retafshooter

Apr 28, 2014
    West Elkridge
    Any Deserts in Maryland I could take this to?

I just had my first experience with my new HP 995TS 9mm carbine, and it was a lot of fun at 25 yards. Will take it out to 50 yards on the next range day. Was shooting some TomKat HBN coated ammo.

Attachments

• HP9mmTKAmmo.jpg
      HP9mmTKAmmo.jpg
      128.5 KB · Views: 205

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Why something so big (carbine) that shoots .380 out of a 10 round mag?

Ammo costs twice as much and is half as powerful and the carbine has half the capacity of a pistol.

I just don't see it.

Yes, I'm exaggerating a little bit, but not by much. Not by much.

Twice as much money for half as much power and half as many shots. Go ahead and correct my exaggerated math and you'll just be proving my point.

.380 sucks and it's EXPENSIVE, if you can find it. I have an LCP in .380 that holds almost as much ammo as this monkey gun. Why would anyone want a .380 long gun?

Now give the 9mm carbine some 20 - 25 - 32 round magazines, and EVERYTHING changes. Suddenly it's a real pistol caliber carbine that is CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP and RELIABLE. Suddenly people who just can not justify $500 or $800 for a 9mm carbine are lining up, waving cash, and shouting, "Shut up and take my money!"

Yes, I have looked at the MecTech conversions. Do the math:

Base gun - $400 - $600 or more.
    Conversion kit - $400, stripped.
    Stock - $40 - $90 - $100 - more
    Sights - $30 - $500

So you're looking at about $500 minimum without the Glock frame. Add at least a few hundred for that, and you might as well buy an AR15.

So here's this Fugly Monkey gun that supposedly is drop dead reliable and costs, what $250? $300. But it's stuck with 10 round mags. That is just LAUGHABLE.

What can this thing do that a pistol with 17 or 20 or 28 round mags can't do?

FORTY YEARS AGO, when FREAKING NIXON was FREAKING PRESIDENT!!!! You could walk in a store and buy 25 round magazines for a Ruger 10/22, and F*** You Bill Ruger!

So why can't you buy 25 round magazines for this thing?

Classic Smithian Economic Theory says when a market niche exists and is recognized, investors will step in and fill that niche, and laugh all the way to the bank. So why no 32 round Hi Point mags?

Is KelTec preventing it? Bill Ruger couldn't prevent it 40 years ago.

I'm not asking how I can get a cheap 9mm carbine. I really have no use for one (unless it's REALLY cheap.)

I'm asking why no one makes aftermarket mags for this.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County

Attachments

• hi-point995.jpg
      hi-point995.jpg
      8.5 KB · Views: 181
    • heston-rifle.jpg
      heston-rifle.jpg
      36.2 KB · Views: 187

Users who are viewing this thread