• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Did a quick search and no luck

Where are some senic trails around Harford Co. I like to take some nice senic nature pics that are local.

For future reference, what abput around the state and close by. Include Fed and State Parks and Battlefields. I just love Harpers Ferry and Gettysburg.

RECOMMENDATIONS

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    The website Rails to Trails might be worth looking at. Susquehannock state park in Pa is nice and not too far away.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Rock state park is probably the best, Susquahanna isn't bad, but not many trails, and they can get crowded

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    Antietam! Well worth it after Harpers Ferry and Gettysburg. check out Bloody Lane, where you'll mind the only county marker on the battlefield. Companies A&I from Cecil county of Maryland 5th infantry. Great great grandfather was hit there.

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    Antietam! Well worth it after Harpers Ferry and Gettysburg. check out Bloody Lane, where you'll mind the only county marker on the battlefield. Companies A&I from Cecil county of Maryland 5th infantry. Great great grandfather was hit there.

My 3rd Great Uncle Warnel Cross was with the 5th at Antietam. I believe he was in Company D. Ended up as a guard at Fort Delaware where he passed in 1864. He was supposedly wounded at Antietam as well.

Last edited:

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    Explore the Gun Powder Park system. I spend many hours during the week there. Trail heads on Harford Rd, Bel Air Rd, Jeruselem Rd, Bottom Rd, and other's I can't think of the names at the moment. Rocks and Sesquehana are also great parks.

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    Antietam is my favorite. I also just visited Ft. Howard in Edgemere which also seemed like a cool place to walk around.

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    Here are a few photos from the Gunpowder Park

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      81.4 KB · Views: 215

mdram

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2011
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    Explore the Gun Powder Park system. I spend many hours during the week there. Trail heads on Harford Rd, Bel Air Rd, Jeruselem Rd, Bottom Rd, and other's I can't think of the names at the moment. Rocks and Sesquehana are also great parks.

yep, gunpowder is pretty nice, ive fished it a few times

falls road will start you at the dam
    masemore road
    monkton station

many places to start at

remodeler1

Jul 23, 2013
    Frederick
    Catoctin National & Cunningham Falls State Parks. Lots of hiking & some nice views/ waterfall.

Gambrill State park on the mountain by Frederick has some nice views too

Trekker

Oct 20, 2011
    Harford County
    For within Harford county day hikes I typically use the trails at Rocks, Gunpowder, Susquehanna, and Loch Raven. Loch Raven goes around the south to west side of Loch Raven resevoir, and depending on the weather can get a bit of wind coming off the lake. The Susquehanna rails-to-trails goes from just northwest of Havre de Grace up to Connowingo dam where there is often a decent number of bald eagles and sometimes ospreys doing some fishing. Gunpowder, as was already mentioned, has a number of trailheads running in different directions. For Gunpowder I like best the trail from Bel Air road down to Jerusalem Mills village or the northeast set of trails from the Gunpowder lodge trailhead. I suppose there is also the small trail system around the Atkinson reservoir near Bel Air, with a trail head at Harford Glen.

I have been meaning to head out to Catoctin and do a 2-day hike south to north, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015
    I don't get down that way much, as I'm stationed in GA county, but the Greenways trail in Susquehanna state Park is my favorite, as well as the falling branch area.

Sampson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 24, 2013
    White Marsh
    Take the trail on Harford rd at the little Gunpowder river and head north towards Bottom rd. There is a decent waterfall for pics, might even be the one posted bt Matt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom