• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shemp

Feb 21, 2013
    Out There
    Just got a new S&W M&P Shield plus. The grip is pretty aggressive and wearing my side raw. I’m using an OWB Desantis leather. What is everyone using with this gun?

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Just got a new S&W M&P Shield plus. The grip is pretty aggressive and wearing my side raw. I’m using an OWB Desantis leather. What is everyone using with this gun?
    If you're tucking your shirt over the gun/holster, a tucked undershirt will solve your problem.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Cloth tape is great

d6338c2f92b0c21ccb7e71b60fdd6990.jpg

Last edited:

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I’m not an undershirt guy but I may have to start
    I wasn't either. I typically wear a t-shirt or under armor type shirt now, though. I don't really like it but that's what I do.

Dressing around the gun doesn't just mean concealing it.

Racinready300ex-2

Apr 10, 2020
    I got some of the Duluth Buck Naked undershirts. I started wearing them back in Aug when I got me permit and was still able to wear them in the heat. I lucked out and got them on sale for about $17 ea. I'd like a few more but at close to $30 ea. is hard to swallow for a undershirt.

Still searching for something better.

Spaceballs

Sep 7, 2022
    Pennsylvania
    Use from fine grit sandpaper on body side of the gun's grip.

Don't make it smooth. Just a light sanding for a minute or two will take the aggressiveness out of the grip pattern. Makes it less obnoxious against your skin.

You only need to do the left side (assuming you are right handed). Leave the more aggressive grip pattern on the right side of the grip where the palm of your hand actually makes contact.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Use from fine grit sandpaper on body side of the gun's grip.

Don't make it smooth. Just a light sanding for a minute or two will take the aggressiveness out of the grip pattern. Makes it less obnoxious against your skin.

You only need to do the left side (assuming you are right handed). Leave the more aggressive grip pattern on the right side of the grip where the palm of your hand actually makes contact.
    The meaty drumstick palm portion of your support hand actually does more and touches more real estate than your strong hand does.
    Strong hand works more on front and back strap.

Racinready300ex-2

Apr 10, 2020
    The meaty drumstick palm portion of your support hand actually does more and touches more real estate than your strong hand does.
    Strong hand works more on front and back strap.

Exactly, the grip texture under my strong hand I think is pretty much irrelevant. Most of my control is coming from my support hand

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom