• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    GA was easy, pretty much a background check and I was good to go.

Didn't get the TN one when I was there since I could use my FL one since I was military.

Bottom line; you're in one of the worse in the nation now. Down there things are much more sane when it comes to CCW.

I really liked both TN/KY/GA when I was there. Thinking about going back to TN or GA when I get out of here.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I know TN you have to take a 16 hour course with live fire proficiency. Nothing hard by any means. And TN probably has the best reciprocity in the country, you can carry in every state possible (non restricted states CA,MD,MA,NJ,OR,RI,NY,ME,CT and DC) I don't think any other state permit that many states that accept it.

WV is on its way to be the leader in reciprocity. They signed a bunch of agreements in 2013.

emnsb

Oct 15, 2013
    Hey man I just moved from Georgia and it is as simple as going to your county probate court, proving your residence (with either a GA driver's license I suppose or for active duty military your orders putting you in GA and a utility or other bill that shows your GA address), filling out a form, paying some money, and getting your picture taken. A few weeks later your permit arrives in the mail. That's absolute it. But active duty can carry in Georgia on just their military ID anyways, according to the deputy attorney general who clarified that the law means ANY time, not just "on duty" for active duty.

PO2012

Oct 24, 2013
    Hey man I just moved from Georgia and it is as simple as going to your county probate court, proving your residence (with either a GA driver's license I suppose or for active duty military your orders putting you in GA and a utility or other bill that shows your GA address), filling out a form, paying some money, and getting your picture taken. A few weeks later your permit arrives in the mail. That's absolute it. But active duty can carry in Georgia on just their military ID anyways, according to the deputy attorney general who clarified that the law means ANY time, not just "on duty" for active duty.

Absolutely. Just remember to research what constitutes a public gathering in Georgia. When I was licensed in GA there were a number of venues off limits due to this archaic law. Hopefully it has since been repealed but I doubt it.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    i wonder if Maryland will/has even notice the mass exodus of taxpayers due to being such a regulated/restricted state?

There was a website recently that listed all 50 states and showed how much they changed in terms of tax revenue (I can’t seem to find it now though). Needless to say, Maryland was bottom 10 in terms of money moving away while states like Virginia and Texas were very high in terms of money moving in.

Granted, this could also be seen as a bad thing because all the liberals moving to VA to avoid taxes are actually turning that state into another MD. I don’t expect VA to be a pro freedom state 20 years from now.

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    i wonder if Maryland will/has even notice the mass exodus of taxpayers due to being such a regulated/restricted state?

Yes - it will be noticed by the decrease in tax revenue which will result in the predictable reaction of the gummint to raise taxes -- this is called perpetual stupidity :sad20:

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    There was a website recently that listed all 50 states and showed how much they changed in terms of tax revenue (I can’t seem to find it now though). Needless to say, Maryland was bottom 10 in terms of money moving away while states like Virginia and Texas were very high in terms of money moving in.

Granted, this could also be seen as a bad thing because all the liberals moving to VA to avoid taxes are actually turning that state into another MD. I don’t expect VA to be a pro freedom state 20 years from now.

Less than that I'm afraid.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    its funny how liberals flee to avoid the tax haven they made for everyone else. its like what, Do you not like all the rules YOU made!!!

the progressive party should be renamed the hypocrite party, or communist

they love to make rules for everyone else but want to follow another for themselves

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom