• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    So, someone please tell me I'm not crazy. I'm planning to renew my permit. I'm an honorably discharged member of the Army and the MD Army National Guard. I know it says on the MSP website that I am exempt from renewal training but I just don't believe them. I know, I know, BGOS but I need someone to tell me I'm not dreaming that up...

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    You ARE exempt. Just need to include a copy of your DD-214 just like you did for your initial application. Makes no sense why we have to send it for a renewal because the old one never expires. Once a vet, always a vet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    You ARE exempt. Just need to include a copy of your DD-214 just like you did for your initial application. Makes no sense why we have to send it for a renewal because the old one never expires. Once a vet, always a vet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Thanks, Straightshooter. I hate the way this state makes me distrust my eyes since I don't trust it as far as I could throw it. I appreciate the confirmation.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Having a permit from another State means absolutely nothing to them and does absolutely nothing to bolster your application.

95% (or higher? ) of those of us who have MD permits had at least one other State permit prior to applying, it means less than nothing to them.

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    It seems like the winning combination (and you have to battle yourself all the way to the Handgun Review Board for this) is having top secret type clearance and being part of the OPM breach.

Seeker

Seeker of Truth
    Aug 1, 2012
    Laurel, PG County, MD
    It seems like the winning combination (and you have to battle yourself all the way to the Handgun Review Board for this) is having top secret type clearance and being part of the OPM breach.

Really? Have there been many people who got through with this combination? And does it have to be TS, or would Secret suffice?

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    Really? Have there been many people who got through with this combination? And does it have to be TS, or would Secret suffice?

I witnessed one case that was overturned in favor of applicant that had both. Another that they discussed was absent of the TS clearance and the msp decision was upheld (no permit for applicant).

That's just two cases and there are others that have gone to alot more hearings than I have. Plus the goal line is moved from time to time so I never would discourage anyone from applying. The more the better.

hotel_three_six

Shall Not Be Infringed
    Dec 21, 2015
    DoD

Has anyone heard of DOD being issued due to the ISIS threat?

I'm DOD, & honestly I think this is a long-shot. Just my opinion.

Friends,

People that fall under the DoD umbrella, for example, DMA, DCA, DHA, probably won't be able to apply the "ISIS/OPM" threat to their application successfully. That doesn't mean you shouldn't try. As far as ISIS is concerned, if you are a mil/fed/ctr, you ARE a target... It's just sad that MSP doesn't see it this way.

If someone has a TS SCI (+tickets associated with it, which requires a SSBI), and is a victim of the OPM Breach, AND their biometric data compromised, this should be a no-brainer automatic unrestricted WC permit. Any local/state LEO that dismisses this as Good and Substantial reasoning is uninformed, clearly NOT in the KNOW, and has a personal agenda.

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    If someone has a TS SCI (+tickets associated with it, which requires a SSBI), and is a victim of the OPM Breach, AND their biometric data compromised, this should be a no-brainer automatic unrestricted WC permit. Any local/state LEO that dismisses this as Good and Substantial reasoning is uninformed, clearly NOT in the KNOW, and has a personal agenda.

Should be, I definitely agree. But there you go trying to apply logic and common sense! We all know those aren't used in Md, not by the state gummint anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lonzo

Dec 8, 2015
    Moco

I submitted mine recently using that as a reason. I believe with that and the current anti government/ recent terror attacks, it should be a "valid" reason till the courts settle this mess once and for all...

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I submitted mine recently using that as a reason. I believe with that and the current anti government/ recent terror attacks, it should be a "valid" reason till the courts settle this mess once and for all...

"Should" be. If you are comfortable doing so, please update us as to your progress. People have recently been denied at the HPRB with this approach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom