• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    I was able to diddle one at the York show. Nice concept but it kinda defeats the purpose in "re-using" the cheapest and easiest part of the weapon to manufacture.

I want the ar15 308 version but I suspect it aint gonna happen.

HarEngSer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 4, 2008
    Bel Air
    I was able to diddle one at the York show. Nice concept but it kinda defeats the purpose in "re-using" the cheapest and easiest part of the weapon to manufacture.

I want the ar15 308 version but I suspect it aint gonna happen.

I believe the point of it is to allow diffrent magazines to be used. I was looking at one of the Glock mag pistol calibers real hard.

The3clipser

Mister Tea
    Nov 29, 2009
    Well, it's interesting, and I am intrigued. I can also see gun grabbers browning their trousers over it. "On no! It can become any gun ever! Ban it! For the children!!!"

longshot1911

Jan 17, 2010
    Neat concept, but I was offended by the marketing. I guess this rifle aims itself, as none of the guns displayed in the firing demo had sights! No, the front sight post doesn't count when the rear is absent. Someone once taught me something about the importance of aiming.... To make matters worse, the cameraman kept panning to the targets, as if to demonstrate... I don't know.

I played with an early version at the 2006 SHOT show. Back then, the receiver/handrail were of monolithic construction, which I like allot. The barrel retention system pretty trick. They did have magwells for up to 30-06 length with a likewise longer upper, but I do not remember if is was an AR-15 or an AR-10 size platform.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    The parts are available ala-carte, and outside of the lower, mag-wells, and barrel nut/latch handguard assembly, everything else is standard AR, so you could basically build whatever you want, use the quick change barrel setup, and standard lower, and you can swap standard .223 based calibers in a minute, .204ruger, .223, 6X45, 300 whisper, etc. To swap other AR calibers, you also swap mags and bolt heads, 5.45, 6.8, 450bushy, 50beowulf, 6.8 grendel etc.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    I like the fact that there are a variety of mag wells. As for swapping parts onto the FCG part for different calibers - I don't see the benefit. You will have to swap: barrels, mag wells, Bolt and/or carrier, buffer and maybe spring, etc.. Then re-sight everything. Great concept, good quality, but I just don't think the utility is all it was hyped to be.

Justpassing

Anti-Anti-Gun
    if i knew about this system before i bought some of the other stuff... darn.
    but i'm not sure if it would beat having 2 weapons-ak and AR versus having 1 platform that is dual use.
    Great way to keep muscle memory consistent with the ergonomics
    innovative but not too practical in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom