• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregaarms

Machinist Junkie
    Feb 18, 2013
    Calvert County
    It's all good. I recommend you go on a day when they are conducting a match. Most events are open to the public. It's a good time to meet some of the club members and see the facilities.

Thanks Streetgang!! I will defiantly look into that! :D

I take it as there is a membership cap and a waiting list too?

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Thanks Streetgang!! I will defiantly look into that! :D

I take it as there is a membership cap and a waiting list too?

You are correct. The annual renewals are coming up next month and I'm pretty sure there is a waiting list again. Turnover is pretty good since many of the members are military from pax so you stand a pretty good chance of getting in.

gregaarms

Machinist Junkie
    Feb 18, 2013
    Calvert County
    You are correct. The annual renewals are coming up next month and I'm pretty sure there is a waiting list again. Turnover is pretty good since many of the members are military from pax so you stand a pretty good chance of getting in.

I better get off my butt and get on the list!! Thanks for the info!! :party29:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland

renewal is due at end of this month.. have to be post dated july 31st.. then any open spot is given next month (i think).

to make clear about guests

1) the club is open to during open matches... that want to watch or shoot at that particular match.. it does not permit guest to shoot at the other part of range unless they were invited/supervised by members.

2) members can bring guest during normal range hours.

:D

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    renewal is due at end of this month.. have to be post dated july 31st.. then any open spot is given next month (i think).

to make clear about guests

1) the club is open to during open matches... that want to watch or shoot at that particular match.. it does not permit guest to shoot at the other part of range unless they were invited/supervised by members.

2) members can bring guest during normal range hours.

:D

Glad you reminded me...;)

Morgan321

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 6, 2013
    SOMD
    So who wants to take me as a guest? One of the club officers showed me around, it's a nice place. But $180/yr plus a one time $250 fee to join!!!! My wife would kill me if I paid $430 to shoot on a 100yd range for one year!

Myrtle grove is a farther drive, but I just bought my $20 license that's good for the next year.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    So who wants to take me as a guest? One of the club officers showed me around, it's a nice place. But $180/yr plus a one time $250 fee to join!!!! My wife would kill me if I paid $430 to shoot on a 100yd range for one year!

Myrtle grove is a farther drive, but I just bought my $20 license that's good for the next year.

If you plan to be a member for a year.. its not worth it. (Mil peeps who gets transfered to another state).

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia

Yes but you put your life at risk every time you go to Myrtle Grove. Ask your wife what you life is worth.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Yes but you put your life at risk every time you go to Myrtle Grove. Ask your wife what you life is worth.

Lol at least at scanners you get to go home and hear her complain as you walk in the door.

Oh wait.. that's just my wife. :o

Good thing for keeping earmuffs out of the range bag. :)

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life

Well said, Perrin.

What you speak is the truth. I've been downrange, when some sphincter muscle showed up and started shooting!!!

I came very close to throwing a couple of .357 'pills' his way.

I've not been back, and that was 1983!!!!!!!!

Morgan321

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 6, 2013
    SOMD
    I can't and won't justify $430 to shoot for the 11 more months I will be in MD. Completely outrageous cost. Quantico is well under two hour drive and has 1k ranges. Not a big deal as I'll be lucky to shoot once a month while I'm here.

Morgan321

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 6, 2013
    SOMD
    I verified that it is illegal to target shoot on state land except at designated ranges.

So what does it take to get a range designated?

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I can't and won't justify $430 to shoot for the 11 more months I will be in MD. Completely outrageous cost. Quantico is well under two hour drive and has 1k ranges. Not a big deal as I'll be lucky to shoot once a month while I'm here.

If you are not interested in being a long term member then clubs might not be for you. Usually these things pay for themselves in 3-5yrs and after that is gravy.

Morgan321

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 6, 2013
    SOMD
    Thankfully I'm leaving your state in less than a year. I say your because I refuse to associate myself with Maryland. !

I'm going to try out this myrtle grove place tomorrow. How/where do you pay your $5 there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom