• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scud

Nov 16, 2008
    Near Smithsburg
    I just coughed up way too much money for what was probably the last 2 cases of 7.62 x 39 at Aim Surplus this morning. I also picked up yet another 1,080 rnd. can of 5.45 x 39. I'm thinking that I am done after this. Ammo is too expensive, and hard to find. I have been buying this stuff for years. It is time to sit back and enjoy what I have.

Last edited:

mrboh138

Mar 12, 2009
    Baltimore
    I quit buying back in Feb. 5k should last a year or two, then I hope prices will be back down.

Same here... It's not worth paying all that extra money.. I'll deal with what I already have and stock up later when its easier to get and cheap...

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    Yeah, today I received 1K rounds of 5.56 form AIM and another 1K of Pivi 5.56 M193 from Wideners. Added to what I already have, I'm set for a good long while (unless I take Tom's AR-15 tactical course! :D)

Jamie

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    what's shipping like at SOG? i'm debating between buying from there or another guy and need to know shipping so i can get a more accurate price/round

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    I can beat your gloat. I shot a few hundred rounds of 7.62x39 today out of my AK, that I didn't pay for, and my bag was heavier leaving the range than it was went I showed up. The straps were aching along with my back.

Karl/PA

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Chambersburg
    I hate to gloat but...................................I bought 8,000 rounds of 7.62x39 three years ago and 5000 rounds of Swiss GP11 ...........................and I'm sitting on all of it.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I hate to gloat but...................................I bought 8,000 rounds of 7.62x39 three years ago and 5000 rounds of Swiss GP11 ...........................and I'm sitting on all of it.

I tried that for a while, but I missed the fact that my office chair reclines. :P

Scud

Nov 16, 2008
    Near Smithsburg

Oh damn. That is not P.C. . Looks like we might hear a knock on the door during the night.:asshat:

BenL

John Galt Speaking.

Well that's just sad. I think I cried a little. I couldn't imagine ammo lasting 3 weeks at my house, much less three months.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    I was able to score 1100 rounds of Chinese steel core ammo on stripper clips for only $330, a 440 round 7.62x54r spam can for $80, and 500 rounds of .308 for $250 a few weeks ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom