• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lennyjoe

Sep 22, 2007
    Hagerstown
    Can't seem to find any around here. Even checked at Bass Pro off Hwy 100. Nothing.

Yea, Gander Mountain in Chambersburg had some but I aint paying $29 for a pound of W231! I was paying $16lb in Arizona.

Anyone know where I can find some around the Hagerstown/Frederick/Hancock corridor?

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    Can't seem to find any around here. Even checked at Bass Pro off Hwy 100. Nothing.

Yea, Gander Mountain in Chambersburg had some but I aint paying $29 for a pound of W231! I was paying $16lb in Arizona.

Anyone know where I can find some around the Hagerstown/Frederick/Hancock corridor?
    2/7/08 @ 10:45am

Just talked to Larry @ Bay Country Guns, inc.

He has W231 in stock, now!

(410) 573-1848 | ask for Larry :thumbsup: :)

icarusX

Jan 14, 2008
    I'm in Frederick and I know of no reloading supplies here. I go to Reddings Hardware in Gettysburg for all my powder and primer needs.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    Do they ask you for your driver's license?

Nope, not in PA. They actually store the powder out in the store, a self service cabinet. If they have a fire, the powder simply burns. Our State Fire Marshall here requires it to be stored in a fire safe, effectively creating a very large cartridge, or bomb, from the pressure that would build. Way to go again, Maryland.:sad20:

Last edited:

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    I've been buying mine online - Midway.

Since I use Vithavouri for the rifles... I'm going to pay for it no matter what... so... I just suck it up.

Of course try to make large enough orders... for the shipping.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I've been buying mine online - Midway.

Since I use Vithavouri for the rifles... I'm going to pay for it no matter what... so... I just suck it up.

Of course try to make large enough orders... for the shipping.

Since this namby-pamby state has a limit that you can store in a residence (without a special license) of 5 lbs., buying in bulk to save money isn't really feasible.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Nope, not in PA. They actually store the powder out in the store, a self service cabinet. If they have a fire, the powder simply burns. Our State Fire Marshall here requires it to be stored in a fire safe, effectively creating a very large cartridge, or bomb, from the pressure that would build. Way to go again, Maryland.:sad20:

Yeah, I've written before about how these laws actually create hazards but apparently Maryland is much smarter than other states that just adopt the NFP codes.

GBMaryland

Feb 23, 2008
    MoCo
    Since this namby-pamby state has a limit that you can store in a residence (without a special license) of 5 lbs., buying in bulk to save money isn't really feasible.

I'm buying in 1 and 2lb containers... so then I just make what I need and use the powder.

I was somewhat surpised to learn that there was a 5lb limit.

Before we moved here I gave away about 30lbs of various powders to a buddy that reloads... and just kept the remaining Vithavuori. (Stuff is way to expensive to give away... especially the 500 series powders.)

I tend to also buy bullets, primers, etc at the same time... The shipping prices are reasonable over all when you builk up the order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom