• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Ok, I have gone on record as saying I can't shoot HK USPs very well.

Well, like King Obama, my feelings have "evolved" after shooting a USP .45 V1 this weekend. It belongs to a member here who happens to be one of my best friend's neighbors... I got a better group with it than with my G21! At least at first... I only shot two groups with each pistol (3 guys sharing a lane for one hour), but I did better overall with the USP.

I will post pics later if I didn't toss the target. I guess I've just been shooting too many Berettas lately and need to stay on top of my grip and trigger control for my GLOCKs. I have been slacking on my dry-fire practice. Needless to say, I think I'll be in the market for a second-hand USP .45 at some point, they're just a classic gun. They may be blocky and overbuilt, but now I finally have a reason to want one. :D

JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    I like my USP 45, I just wish it had better sights. Very accurate though. I picked up one last year after shooting my friends. Got a good deal on a barely used one for $579. I just haven't shot it much after picking up my custom CZ -97b. If I found some sights I liked, I might shoot it more often.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    USP is one of the best .45's made IMO. The Tactical will meet or exceed the accuracy of a 3K 1911.

Never doubted its quality, reliability or accuracy, I just had a USP Custom Combat in fowtay that I couldn't shoot for crap. Maybe the USP felt bad for being gay any made me hate it so I traded it in for a Colt Combat Commander, which was my first .45. :D I've just come full-circle now, that's all. ;)

Like my HK45C. Good job.

I love the HK45 and 45c, an HK45T is on my short list. I need something to go with my MP5 clone, and another host for the .45 Ti-RANT I plan on getting soon would be nice.

What sort of holsters do you guys like for the USP? I will probably go with Safariland ALS once I become a member of the HK Pistol Club again.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Never doubted its quality, reliability or accuracy, I just had a USP Custom Combat in fowtay that I couldn't shoot for crap. Maybe the USP felt bad for being gay any made me hate it so I traded it in for a Colt Combat Commander, which was my first .45. :D I've just come full-circle now, that's all. ;)

I love the HK45 and 45c, an HK45T is on my short list. I need something to go with my MP5 clone, and another host for the .45 Ti-RANT I plan on getting soon would be nice.

What sort of holsters do you guys like for the USP? I will probably go with Safariland ALS once I become a member of the HK Pistol Club again.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Its the .40's fault. :D

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I like my USP 45, I just wish it had better sights. Very accurate though. I picked up one last year after shooting my friends. Got a good deal on a barely used one for $579. I just haven't shot it much after picking up my custom CZ -97b. If I found some sights I liked, I might shoot it more often.

You did what, now?! :shocked3:

Feb 28, 2013
    Yeah, that wasn't very nice. :rolleyes:

Dick Chaney

May 5, 2013
    Now to be serious I just ordered a glock 21 should I have gone with another gun?
    Love the fit in my hand.

DGI

Jan 19, 2010
    Reisterstown MD
    I shoot my G21 pretty darn well... Of course I shoot my 1911s better... I dont see the point in paying extra for a fighting gun. I have less than the cost of a HK pistol in my entire G21 setup (including extra mags, parts and holsters)

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Now to be serious I just ordered a glock 21 should I have gone with another gun?
    Love the fit in my hand.

No, it's ok to have both. :) Don't get me wrong, I love my G21, and for what they cost they are a bargain. However HKs are seriously overbuilt. If there is one pistol you could buy that would likely never require you to replace parts due to wear, it's a USP. We're talking a service life of 50k+ rounds. Most pistols won't make it far past 15k without a major overhaul or total replacement. Some pistols after 15k will have cracked frames, battered/broken locking blocks and slides, especially if recoil springs are not changed out every 3000-5000 rounds (most people neglect to do this).

HKs will take the abuse and keep performing. The ONLY thing holding me back from buying one was a negative experience shooting the .40 version a few times. I figured I didn't have the hands of an operator and wasn't worthy lol. I'm a better shooter now too, so it's entirely possible that nothing (besides being chambered in .40 S&W) was wrong with the USP I had before.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Kinbote

Aug 17, 2010
    I like the USP .45, had mine since '95 or so when they first came out and it's always been reliable and accurate. I had to send it back for a broken firing pin at the 50k mark, but they fixed it and returned it no charge in two days. I like the sights and trigger, although I have to admit the SRT trigger on the Sig's is impressive.

If you want a holster, I would suggest the Milt Sparks Executive Companion, if you prefer an IWB. It holds the weapon very securely even through vigorous training courses and exercises, but allows a swift draw. The only downside to a USP I have seen is the bulk of the weapon, but any double stack .45 is going to be more sizable than single stacks or smaller calibers.

toncapone1

Feb 12, 2013
    Maryland
    Ok, I have gone on record as saying I can't shoot HK USPs very well.

Well, like King Obama, my feelings have "evolved" after shooting a USP .45 V1 this weekend. It belongs to a member here who happens to be one of my best friend's neighbors... I got a better group with it than with my G21! At least at first... I only shot two groups with each pistol (3 guys sharing a lane for one hour), but I did better overall with the USP.

I will post pics later if I didn't toss the target. I guess I've just been shooting too many Berettas lately and need to stay on top of my grip and trigger control for my GLOCKs. I have been slacking on my dry-fire practice. Needless to say, I think I'll be in the market for a second-hand USP .45 at some point, they're just a classic gun. They may be blocky and overbuilt, but now I finally have a reason to want one. :D

Looking forward to the next trip out bro! Thx again for a kick ass day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom