• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    I wish you the very best of luck in your business. I hope you do very well for yourselves. Now I won't have to drive to BRA in Chantilly anymore.

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    This is just what Frederick needs. I can't wait. I'm up for a part time job if one is needed. Don't need one but would love to work for a place like this, plus it wouldn't be considered work in my book.

PM me if you all need any help.

Good call. I could use a part time job with some perks. I am NRA rso certified.

ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD
    I am a little skeptical. Its my understanding that this is a plan not actually a reality yet.

Do you guys have blueprints of the facility, building permits, a MSP Regulated Firearms Dealers License? What is the Business name of you FFL(I had a hard time locating The Machine Gun Nest)? Where are you in the process of making this a reality and what left do you have to do?

MDlocal

Jan 11, 2013
    Frederick
    So the presale of the memberships are how they are getting their capital for starting the business? Pretty smart way to get it started without having to come out of pocket. Basically makes zero risk for the guys doing this since they are playing with our money. Just remember you are gambling by putting your money in. If these guys don't have the money to start it on their own, you're prob not getting your money back if this never comes to fruition.

boardboy330

Resident Secret Squirrel
    Mar 18, 2008
    So the presale of the memberships are how they are getting their capital for starting the business? Pretty smart way to get it started without having to come out of pocket. Basically makes zero risk for the guys doing this since they are playing with our money. Just remember you are gambling by putting your money in. If these guys don't have the money to start it on their own, you're prob not getting your money back if this never comes to fruition.

This...unfortunately.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

scottp999

Feb 11, 2008
    Indiegogo is for crowd funding of ideas. I hope that everyone is clear on this. I don't see much information about licensing, planning, etc., and from what I can tell is your just giving money to help someone try to start the business up. If it was fully funded then you would not be asked to invest through crowd funding with rewards (membership/rental deals) for your donation/contribution.

The way it was first presented, at least in my opinion was that this was a done deal, and that we may get some chance at early discounted membership, not that they were raising start up capital and offering membership and rental deals in exchange for start up capital.

Normally if you are a venture capitalist, you get full details of the business plan, exact status on existing capital, status of facilities, licensing, etc. Just remember this is a project (look at the URL), and you are making a contribution. It says estimated delivery in 2 months (September). If you need $500,000 (the goal) to start a business project from random donations, 60 days or less may be a little aggressive for an estimate, but who knows as no real details have been shared.

I'm all for considering membership once/if this gets up and running, but I will pass on the venture capital/funding donation/contribution, especially with minimal detail. Good luck!!!

Hey MD Shooters,

Thank you for all these questions. You asked a lot of valid questions and we wanted to respond to you as quickly as possible. First, The range is not built. We have procured the space for the range and have gone through the county process to get initial approvals and submit drawings for life safety. We have been given the green light based on what we are doing and the companies that we are working with who are building out the range. The whole process is about 3 months total, which is why we don't have a grand opening date as of today.

Secondly, skepticism I can understand, we’re doing our best to get information out, but just know that sending emails isn’t building the range any faster so we’re trying to focus on the most critical things we can to get this built for you as soon as possible. So please forgive us if we don’t immediately respond to your questions. We’ve been getting hundreds of questions through email, phone, Facebook, and Indiegogo.

That being said, getting to your questions is a priority because you’re all shooters and you’re asking the most relevant questions we’ve heard. Trust us, we’ve been shocked at some of the questions…

Now, to answer some of your questions.

1) What if we don't get the funding? Will you not open?

If we do not get the funding through our Indiegogo campaign, we will be using the remainder of that money from investors who we are currently working with on this project. Our goal is to limit the amount investment capital to bring you the best range without compromising for an investor who doesn't share 100% the same vision as us.

So to answer the second part, we WILL open, PERIOD. And during this campaign we are giving out huge incentives to our early members. We want to reward people for becoming a part of this early. If that makes you uncomfortable, wait till we open. But membership will be $250 a year rather than the $150 that people are getting now. Those people also get to renew at the same price…
    (If you require additional peace of mind, Indiegogo does have a function that allows refunds for business that do not get started).

2) Do you hold a MSP Regulated Firearms Dealers License?
    Yes we do. Currently we are licensed under RK86 LLC (8-52-021-07-5B-04146). We will be using a new name once we open, but currently that is where the license is held. We have a class 7 manufacture license.

We’ve been planning this for well over a year (not including the licensing), from finding the right building, to going to the SHOT show, building inventory, getting our investors. We’ve spent thousands of tens of thousands so far to get ready for this project. To presume that we’re attempting to do this at zero risk and with no startup capital simply shows a complete lack of understanding on how a business’s start.

I already own a successful business here in the area. I’ve already started, run, and sold businesses as well. We are taking to proper steps to moving forward however technology has provided a new and advantageous method to help raise additional funds and at the same time increase exposure, build an audience, and reward loyalty. The exact goal of any marketing campaign.

Again, thanks for the solid questions, and we understand that we’ve left gaps in our information. Just like how putting a tire under water is the best way to find leaks, we knew that by launching this Indiegogo campaign, we would quickly find the places we need to address. We’re filling them as fast as we can so you all have the most information possible.

Hope that helps clear up some confusion, we look forward to the continued dialog.

TMGN Crew

Ps. Please check out our FAQ page on our site as we will be updating that more frequently as people ask us questions. www.themachinegunnest.com/FAQ

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Hey MD Shooters,

Thank you for all these questions. You asked a lot of valid questions and we wanted to respond to you as quickly as possible. First, The range is not built. We have procured the space for the range and have gone through the county process to get initial approvals and submit drawings for life safety. We have been given the green light based on what we are doing and the companies that we are working with who are building out the range. The whole process is about 3 months total, which is why we don't have a grand opening date as of today.

Secondly, skepticism I can understand, we’re doing our best to get information out, but just know that sending emails isn’t building the range any faster so we’re trying to focus on the most critical things we can to get this built for you as soon as possible. So please forgive us if we don’t immediately respond to your questions. We’ve been getting hundreds of questions through email, phone, Facebook, and Indiegogo.

That being said, getting to your questions is a priority because you’re all shooters and you’re asking the most relevant questions we’ve heard. Trust us, we’ve been shocked at some of the questions…

Now, to answer some of your questions.

1) What if we don't get the funding? Will you not open?

If we do not get the funding through our Indiegogo campaign, we will be using the remainder of that money from investors who we are currently working with on this project. Our goal is to limit the amount investment capital to bring you the best range without compromising for an investor who doesn't share 100% the same vision as us.

So to answer the second part, we WILL open, PERIOD. And during this campaign we are giving out huge incentives to our early members. We want to reward people for becoming a part of this early. If that makes you uncomfortable, wait till we open. But membership will be $250 a year rather than the $150 that people are getting now. Those people also get to renew at the same price…
    (If you require additional peace of mind, Indiegogo does have a function that allows refunds for business that do not get started).

2) Do you hold a MSP Regulated Firearms Dealers License?
    Yes we do. Currently we are licensed under RK86 LLC (8-52-021-07-5B-04146). We will be using a new name once we open, but currently that is where the license is held. We have a class 7 manufacture license.

We’ve been planning this for well over a year (not including the licensing), from finding the right building, to going to the SHOT show, building inventory, getting our investors. We’ve spent thousands of tens of thousands so far to get ready for this project. To presume that we’re attempting to do this at zero risk and with no startup capital simply shows a complete lack of understanding on how a business’s start.

I already own a successful business here in the area. I’ve already started, run, and sold businesses as well. We are taking to proper steps to moving forward however technology has provided a new and advantageous method to help raise additional funds and at the same time increase exposure, build an audience, and reward loyalty. The exact goal of any marketing campaign.

Again, thanks for the solid questions, and we understand that we’ve left gaps in our information. Just like how putting a tire under water is the best way to find leaks, we knew that by launching this Indiegogo campaign, we would quickly find the places we need to address. We’re filling them as fast as we can so you all have the most information possible.

Hope that helps clear up some confusion, we look forward to the continued dialog.

TMGN Crew

Ps. Please check out our FAQ page on our site as we will be updating that more frequently as people ask us questions. www.themachinegunnest.com/FAQ

Thanks for the update!

Deepwoods

New Guy...
    Aug 17, 2010
    As with a previous poster, I'm interested in knowing whether drawing from a holster will be permitted.

Even if you have to demonstrate to the CRO [at a one-time check-out] that you are competent and safe, I think letting qualified individuals practice this skill would be a welcome bonus.

Good luck!

msalvas

May 14, 2009
    Hagerstown, MD
    Beign able to draw from the holster would be a big plus for me as some of the classes I teach require it (PPOTH comes to mind).

Not only this but you have a lot of law enforcement that live in the area and would love to be able to get some practice in.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom