• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    I "stumbled upon" this website, where a guy has taken a few dozen pictures of the sight pictures of various battle weapons. I saved it as a reference for myself, and I figured this crowd might enjoy it.

http://www.gunpics.net/ironsights/ironsights.html

There are some pistols in here, but it is mostly rifles (the thread location)

leroygibbs

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2008
    I "stumbled upon" this website, where a guy has taken a few dozen pictures of the sight pictures of various battle weapons. I saved it as a reference for myself, and I figured this crowd might enjoy it.

http://www.gunpics.net/ironsights/ironsights.html

There are some pistols in here, but it is mostly rifles (the thread location)

Nice site! Interesting collection there.

On a tangent, is the owner of the site in Australia?

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    oh man, i havent been to that site in a couple of years.

i sort of know the guy who owns that site, only online but he an i were both subscribed to an online WWII war sim, wwII online, i talked to him on occasion back when i was really getting into collecting, i havent been subscribed over there for a few years so i havent talked to him or seen any of his new stuff in forever.

he has an absolutely amazing collection of mainly WWII soviet arms.

he's in new zealand, a lot of the guns on the site are owned by other collectors, people send him pics of stuff he doesnt have up there, or he photographs other local collectors stuff, but the soviet arms are mainly his, i know all the stuff in the picture on the home page is his.

the machine guns are original, not deactivated.

it seems that with the proper licenses in new zealand you can own even machine guns. however it must be really torturous, because he cannot actually shoot any of them, because the law says they can only be shot at a club which is sanctioned for full auto shooting, and either there are none, or they're too far away, so he cannot actually shoot his machine guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom