• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greyback

Nov 19, 2013
    Beretta Expands Manufacturing Into Tennessee

World’s oldest firearms manufacturer and major U.S. defense contractor to expand their US manufacturing in the heart of the Volunteer State.

berettabuilding
    NASHVILLE – Beretta USA officials along with Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam and Economic and Community Development Commissioner Bill Hagerty announced today the company will expand its U.S. operations by building a new firearms manufacturing plant in the Gallatin Industrial Park, northeast of Nashville, Tennessee. Beretta, a global manufacturer of high-quality sporting and military firearms, will invest $45 million in a state-of-the-art manufacturing and R&D facility. Beretta will create 300 new Tennessee jobs. The company is expected to complete construction on the facility this year.

Beretta is the world’s oldest manufacturing dynasty, operating since 1526 in Italy. The company is privately owned and operated by members of the 15th and 16th generations of the Beretta family. Beretta supplies quality sporting and self-defense firearms to consumers worldwide. The company manufactures the U.S. Armed Forces M-9 pistol, the standard sidearm of U.S. soldiers since 1985. Beretta will make firearms at the new Gallatin plant from both their sporting and tactical product lines. The following are from today’s 11am EDT Beretta press conference.

“Beretta is one of the world’s greatest companies, and their decision to expand into Tennessee speaks to the standards of craftsmanship and quality our state’s workforce embraces every day,” Haslam said. “Attracting a legendary company like Beretta reinforces our goal of becoming the No. 1 location in the Southeast for high-quality jobs. I want to thank the Beretta family for their substantial investment in Tennessee and the 300 jobs they’ll create in Sumner County.”

“Today’s significant announcement by Beretta USA is a historic moment for the state of Tennessee, the Haslam Administration and ECD,” Hagerty said. “Beretta is one of the best brands in the world. Tennessee’s global reputation for manufacturing in an artisan tradition means we are able to attract companies like Beretta, with a proven commitment to excellence. Tennessee continues to earn global accolades for our business climate, and we boast the best balance sheet in the nation. I appreciate Beretta’s decision to locate in Tennessee, and we look forward to a partnership that will last centuries.”

“From the moment when we started to consider a location outside of the State of Maryland for our manufacturing expansion, Governor Haslam and his economic development team did an excellent job demonstrating the benefits of doing business in Tennessee. We are convinced we could find no better place than Tennessee to establish our new manufacturing enterprise. We look forward to building operations here and being part of your community for many years to come,” said Franco Gussalli Beretta, executive vice president and director of Beretta Holding S.p.A.

“When Beretta chooses a location for its business, we start with the possibility that we will be in that location for decades, if not hundreds of years, to come. We move forward with confidence knowing that Tennessee is a great place to do business. We look forward to our opportunities here and we look forward to working side-by-side with our new Tennessee neighbors,” said Jeff Reh, Beretta USA general counsel and vice-general manager.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Dupe.

Seems some politicians are spinning that they are LEAVING Maryland, setting up shop in TN.

I haven't read evidence of that (yet).

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Is Beretta expanding or leaving ...

Both.

I have it on good source that Beretta "will still be a major presence in MD, but we'll have to see what unfolds over time."

Given that they still have a military contract to deliver on, they MUST keep that line in production in Accokeek. BUT ... Both their General Manager and Council Jeff Reh, and their Patriarch CEO in Italy have intimated that this is the 2nd time that MD politicians have screwed them and they're not waiting for a 'kiss' during a 3rd to move from their 35-year home in Maryland.

WaPo.com-
    Beretta’s future in Maryland tied to state’s gun-control debate
    In testimony this month in Annapolis, Reh, who oversees the plant, warned lawmakers to consider carefully the company’s future. Reh pointed to the last time Maryland ratcheted up gun restrictions in the 1990s: Beretta responded by moving its warehouse operation to Virginia.

“I think they thought we were bluffing” in the 1990s, Reh said. “But Berettas don’t bluff.”
    Once that contract ends they can move any follow-on manufacturing to TN with ease. This also explains WHY they're NOT expanding at their facility in VA.

Guns.com -
    Beretta is one step closer to moving, but not to Virginia.

From The BaltimoreSun ...
    Jeff Reh, a member of the company's board of directors, said Wednesday the company seriously considered seven different states but began with one criterion:

"We started our search by looking only at states that have a consistent history of support for and likelihood of future support for Second Amendment rights," Reh said in a statement.

Kiss their tax base of $31 million and 300 jobs goodbye OWE'Malley and McAwful.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    I'm sorry for the people that are going to lose thier jobs over this. But I must say I'm really glad to hear they are "expanding" to another state. If we cant convince the great people of Annapolis that we stand for something, maybe a huge company like Beretta taking thier business else where can. I doubt the retards that did this could care less though.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    The logic for any business is that you want to be in an environment that is conducive for your business. Sorry for the people who work there when the change happens.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I'm sorry for the people that are going to lose thier jobs over this. But I must say I'm really glad to hear they are "expanding" to another state. If we cant convince the great people of Annapolis that we stand for something, maybe a huge company like Beretta taking thier business else where can. I doubt the retards that did this could care less though.

Sen 'Mike' Miller's cavalier attitude was who cares about 300 votes lost, he can easily make them up pandering to whatever liberal cause OWE'Malley throws out ... and that $30M was made up with the rain tax.

The PRodMD truly is run by tyrants.

blindnoodle

Livin' the dream!
    Apr 21, 2009
    Just wait until the marijuana windfall hits. No one will miss that Beretta money or any other money from people/companies that leave the state.

Nothing like trying to tax less people for the same amount more people paid.

Just imagine when a company like McCormick realizes their business would be more profitable in a different state...

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Smart manufacturers NEVER announce ahead of time that they're closing, or moving to another location.

To do so destroys employee morale, and sets up an environment where workers don't care about quality, or even deliberately sabotage the factory or the products made there.

Beretta will probably make an announcement to its employees here in MD, to the effect that they have no intention of closing or reducing operations - because otherwise, the aforementioned things will happen. The best & smartest workers, though, are going to start looking elsewhere for jobs if they can find them, because the writing is on the wall.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    If they're building manufacturing facilities you can look for the MD plant to close after the new facility gets up to operating speed. Same thing happened with Black & Decker with their 4,000 jobs in Hampstead when they moved to Mexico and a few other countries. You build, then move.

blindnoodle

Livin' the dream!
    Apr 21, 2009
    Smart manufacturers NEVER announce ahead of time that they're closing, or moving to another location.

To do so destroys employee morale, and sets up an environment where workers don't care about quality, or even deliberately sabotage the factory or the products made there.

Beretta will probably make an announcement to its employees here in MD, to the effect that they have no intention of closing or reducing operations - because otherwise, the aforementioned things will happen. The best & smartest workers, though, are going to start looking elsewhere for jobs if they can find them, because the writing is on the wall.

Smart manufacturers DO announce their closing ahead of time. If not, they're in violation of the WARN Act.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Smart manufacturers DO announce their closing ahead of time. If not, they're in violation of the WARN Act.

They're only required to notify 60 days before closing, and they can lay off up 1/3 of their workers in less time, without triggering WARN.

I don't think it's a small coincidence that the # of workers promised at the TN plant is the same as the # here T the MD plant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom