• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    He probably doesn't want to get involved in this right now because of eyeing a real run for the office the next time around.

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    Who sees the write in votes for people that aren't "legitimate" write in candidates? Would it REALLY do any good to write Rutledge in?

Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    Would it REALLY do any good to write Rutledge in?

The way I see it, even if the write-in isn't considered legitimate, it's at least a "fark you" to Gansler. Imagine the headlines if the write-in campaign actually won, even if it didn't count - "MD Voters Give Giant Fark You to Gansler by Voting for Ineligible Candidate."

It's not like I'm going to actually cast a vote for Gansler. I'm a principle over pragmatism kinda guy anyway, so I'm used to casting a vote simply to "send a (unheard) message." Still, there's nothing to lose, so why not?

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I'm wondering if there are no write in's filed if there will even be an option to choose write in. I guess we will see next Tuesday.

I voted yesterday. There were two options there "gansler" and "write-in candidate". I hit option 2, typed in "Jim Rutledge" and that's what was displayed when I reviewed my ballot.

organized_mayhem

Legend in my own mind
    I voted yesterday. There were two options there "gansler" and "write-in candidate". I hit option 2, typed in "Jim Rutledge" and that's what was displayed when I reviewed my ballot.

Cool. I wasn't sure we would even be given the option. To me the whole "you have to register as a write in" is a load of crap. I know they won't count it but I will do the same thing.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I wish I would have seen this thread before I typed in my own name last night.

:lol:

I almost forgot about this thread and was going to type "Anyone but Doug Gansler" but then I realized that they could actually do MUCH worse.

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    I'll write in Rutledge. Taking some vacation in a few hours so I can beat the rush at the polls. I know my polling place is gonna be BUSY....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scooby225

Latest threads

Top Bottom