• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snavematt

say what?
    May 19, 2009
    Stafford, VA as of 5/7/13
    Anyone use these? I currently have a tree rat about 50 feet up a tree with a Judo point in its chest, and a lumiknock reminding me I can't reach him, and i can see it clearly from my office window bright green glow

I have 60+ pounds of draw just curious if anyone else has had this issue before? Too much weight for a judo point?
    As a note he was hit from about 20 yards while he was on the ground.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    I never had a problem with 45lbs of draw. I usually aim for the head so its a kill or a clear miss.

Hattrick

Mar 7, 2013
    Kinda funny nice shot tho. Those lumenocks arent cheap probaly a $15 arrow sticking up there.
    I use judos they are more for arrows getting lost in grass as you found out they will stick in trees and stumps.

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    Take a field point or a blunt-(or a .38 cartridge casing works good for old cedar arrows) drill a hole or 2 in it and stick piece or 2 of stiff short wire thru it- homemade judo point- a field point will jut blow thru a squirrel and lodge in tree-ask me how I know?

snavematt

say what?
    May 19, 2009
    Stafford, VA as of 5/7/13
    Kinda funny nice shot tho. Those lumenocks arent cheap probaly a $15 arrow sticking up there.
    I use judos they are more for arrows getting lost in grass as you found out they will stick in trees and stumps.

I glassed him today, he is no longer in pain, but the whole judo point is inside his chest, near the fletching is stuck in between two branches and he is just hanging in the air by the arrow. He treed himself after I shot him on the ground.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    I was going for a head shot, I must have been off a hair or he moved from the sound. I feel bad that it wasn't a clean shot

I hate it when that happens! A long time ago, I shot one with a field point and pinned him to the ground. The dang thing slid right up the arrow and through the fetching. ....ugh, I can still see that. Slow deaths suck for animals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom