• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crabhab

Feb 14, 2007
    I just paid for, and am now in the waiting period for one of my favorite handguns of all time the 92FS. I can shoot this pistol as good or better than my P226 9mm. I wanted to get the new Marine Corp M9A1 with the light rail but, there is a huge backlog for that pistol due to the new contract with the Army and Marines.

Littletons Firearms in bishopville, MD is a stocking dealer for the Full Beretta line. He has lots of Storms, 92's and 9-two's (I did not like the replacement grips on the 9-two or I would have bought that instead of my 92fs). David even has the Beretta carbines in stock in all three calibers. I mention this because it is hard to find a stocking Beretta dealer on the eastern shore.

My plan is to use the 92fs for range duty and get an M9A1 for nightstand duty with my existing M3 tac light. I am currently using Sig P226 for range and home defence.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Ah, yeah, I was gonna ask why a 92FS versus a 90-two, especially given how you want a rail for a light. However, there are apparently add-on rails for the 92FS, so these might be worth looking into.

I love my P226R, but I've always had my eye on the 90-two - it's a beautiful gun.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Have you done, or are you planning on, doing any internal upgrades?

I see a lot of guys posting about upgrading MIM or plastic parts, and I'm never sure what exactly that entails.

I love my 92fs as well (although my sig 220r SAO is my nightstand choice) and hope to start shooting it in three gun.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    92 FS is one of the best shooting 9mm pistols out there. Accurate and is one of the best suppressed platforms to supress. The locking mechanism on the 92FS beats any browning type tilting barrels design in terms reliability when used with a suppressor.

Awesome choice in a defensive handgun.

Below: a Beretta 92 FS, custom wood grips, WOR4 mod B tacrail, TLR1, TLG 9SD can, Red dot sight. This is what elite mall ninjas use for covert operations.( I built this pistol for Gecko 45.)

Attachments

• 92sd.jpg
      92sd.jpg
      71.3 KB · Views: 407
    Last edited:

crabhab

Feb 14, 2007
    oops. my bad. sorry!:sign07: somehow I missed the waiting period part.:D

Yeah good ole 7 working day waiting period. This is the best I can do right now. A link to the website.

https://www.berettausa.com/e2wProductGroupDetailDropDown.aspx?parentid=4100001490&parentLink=2100000084:3100001364:3100001368:4100001490#

I sold my much loved Sig Sauer P6 and my Beretta Bobcat and a un-fired Mossberg 500 for this gun. I have been enjoying shooting my Dad's 92FS Inox so much that I wanted my own. I think I am still as SIG guy at heart as the Sig Sauer Controls are better than the silly slide mounted safety/de-cock lever on the Beretta.

crabhab

Feb 14, 2007
    92 FS is one of the best shooting 9mm pistols out there. Accurate and is one of the best suppressed platforms to supress. The locking mechanisn on the 92FS beats any browning type tilting barrels design in terms reliability when used with a suppressor.

What kind of light mount and sight mount is that? Kills the beautiful lines of the gun but, makes it more suited for HP if you didnt want to wake the neighbors.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    92 FS is one of the best shooting 9mm pistols out there. Accurate and is one of the best suppressed platforms to supress. The locking mechanisn on the 92FS beats any browning type tilting barrels design in terms reliability when used with a suppressor.

wheres the bayonet?:D

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I bought a mil-spec M9 about 8 years ago, and it has been a fantastic pistol, extremely reliable and accurate. It will feed anything, and the chrome lined bore is easy to clean. Just about every problem that you hear about them has been fixed long ago, the crackes frames, broken locking blocks etc. have been taken care of in upgrades to the pistol and in manufacturing. It is a classic pistol, and is one of the most recognizable in the world. The only things I have done to mine was to switch to a steel guide rod, and install a D-model main spring, it has a wonderful combat trigger, and very little overtravel. The grip is also perfect for those with med-large hands. I wouldn't worry about most of the plastic parts, some like the trigger and trigger bar are actually metal encased in plastic, others like the guide rod were designed to run when sandy, and shed dirt when cycling. The action is unique in that it locks up and recoils in a linear fashion, and helps preserve accuracy across a wide range of ammo. It does use a combat sight picture, where those that complain about it shooting low are not normally aware of it, you line up the sights, and put the front dot over the bullseye, and it will hit it with every shot if you do your part. It also is capable of very tight groups out to 50 and 100 yards, and functions fine with really hot NATO spec ammo.

Congrats on a fine pistol, and a personal favorite of mine.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    What kind of light mount and sight mount is that? Kills the beautiful lines of the gun but, makes it more suited for HP if you didnt want to wake the neighbors.

It is actually one of three Beretta 92s that I own. This one is set up with a WOR4 tacrail, TLR1 light, red dot sight and a custom suppressor. It is fun gun to shoot, accurate and quiet with 158 grain subsonics. It can also produce 4" groups at 100 yards.

I won't hesitate using it as a nightstand gun, you just cant CCW the darn thing.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Anyone with both a 92 and SIG 226 and a tape measure care to help a guy out? Way back when the 92 was in the running for the US military contract I visited a gun shop and handled the 92. It just felt too big in my hand that I swore off it. I however can handle and shoot SIG P226's and a P2022 as well as a SA XD .45ACP with no issues.

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    Congrats, you'll love it. I was in the Corps when we transitioned from the .45 to the M9. After lots of initial griping and bellyaching, it proved to be a reliable service weapon.

crabhab

Feb 14, 2007
    Anyone with both a 92 and SIG 226 and a tape measure care to help a guy out? Way back when the 92 was in the running for the US military contract I visited a gun shop and handled the 92. It just felt too big in my hand that I swore off it. I however can handle and shoot SIG P226's and a P2022 as well as a SA XD .45ACP with no issues.

here are the specs from the website. The beretta is a bit bigger.

The specs are similar. P226
    Trigger Pull DA 10.0 lbs
    Trigger Pull SA 4.4 lbs
    Overall Length 7.70 in
    Overall Height 5.5 in
    Overall Width 1.5 in
    Barrel Length 4.4 in
    Sight Radius 6.3 in
    Weight w/Mag 34.0 oz

Beretta 92FS

CALIBER: 9MM
    - ACTION: DOUBLE AND SINGLE
    - OVERALL LENGTH: 8.5"
    - OVERALL HEIGHT: 5.4"
    - BARREL LENGTH: 4.9"
    - SIGHT RADIUS: 6.1"
    - GRIP WIDTH: 1.3"
    - WEIGHT UNLOADED: 34.4 OZ.
    - MAGAZINE CAPACITY: 10 AND 15 ROUNDS

crabhab

Feb 14, 2007
    notice the sight radius is longer on the P226 maybe that explains the 226's superior accuracy over the 92fs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom