• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    And if anyone was wondering what I meant by the "clocked" position of the index pin in relation to the gas-port, well here you go -

View attachment 83779

That's something you shouldn't see, from any maker, but it happens to all of them at some point in time.

Last edited:

jcbvh

Dec 30, 2012
    Louisiana Cajun Country
    Brad you referring to the barrel index key ( allows proper alignment of the barrel to the upper receiver) to the gas port under that YHM gas block correct?

Have you removed that gas block to see how far that barrel gas port is to the barrel/upper receiver is off?

Your gas block could have moved as well. The port on the gas block is a lot wider than the barrel gas port hole.

Just a thought. I'm sure you did that. Just thinking out loud.

Correction:

I looked at the photo on my CPU rather than the iPad. I now see it. In addition, Noveske pins their own gas blocks :sad20:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Oddest damn thing, I tried it again today. Got everything to line up properly..., I'm wondering if the barrel extension is on there properly, or if I'd somehow gotten things out of whack yesterday.

This isn't my first rodeo, but I won't say me f'ing something up is out of the realm of possibility.

It's getting interesting for sure.

jcbvh

Dec 30, 2012
    Louisiana Cajun Country
    Oddest damn thing, I tried it again today. Got everything to line up properly..., I'm wondering if the barrel extension is on there properly, or if I'd somehow gotten things out of whack yesterday.

This isn't my first rodeo, but I won't say me f'ing something up is out of the realm of possibility.

It's getting interesting for sure.

Good Deal. :D

One way I check the alignment of the gas block port to barrel gas port:

Stick the gas tube in the gas block (you can just hold it) , and with it aligned (gas tube port facing DOWN), blow into the gas tube. You will hear air exiting the barrel.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Now I just need to find another 5/64 x 5/16 spring pin, damn thing launched itself yesterday, and haven't been able to find it since then. :o

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge

You went full retard, never go full retard

On a bonus note, I finally took mine out today! Sighted her in with a box of .300 whisper then moved onto the reloads. Had some good results with H110 and Lil Gun and hope they were enough to point me in a good direction to finalize a load soon. Was not expecting so much kick though, that made it that much more fun :D

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    You went full retard, never go full retard

On a bonus note, I finally took mine out today! Sighted her in with a box of .300 whisper then moved onto the reloads. Had some good results with H110 and Lil Gun and hope they were enough to point me in a good direction to finalize a load soon. Was not expecting so much kick though, that made it that much more fun :D

:lol: :lol2:

Maybe just a little...

Supersonic, have had good results with H110 and Hornady 110gr Vmax's. Got a few pounds of Lil Gun to try later on.

Last edited:

jcbvh

Dec 30, 2012
    Louisiana Cajun Country
    UPDATE Just bought the Magpul MOE Gen 2 flip ups F/R. - Black

Got the following ordered for the 300 blk build:

Noveske 8.2" SS 300 Blackout w/Gas Block
    Magpul AFG - Black
    Magpul MOE pistol grip - Black
    Spikes Tactical 9" LW BAR Rail -'Black
    Phase 5 buffer tube
    KX3 or PWS CQB
    Magpul MOE Gen 2 F/R sights - Black

Already have:

Aero Precision upper reciever
    Spikes Tactical Calico Jack stripped lower
    JSE AR Pistol Gas tube
    RRA BCG
    RRA LPK
    PSA carbine buffer/spring

jcbvh

Dec 30, 2012
    Louisiana Cajun Country
    Installed CAA Cheek Rest

I two toned it using Brownells Coyote Alumahyde II. Its close, but not a perfect match.

null-14.jpg

null-9.jpg

null-8.jpg

null-6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads