• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deacon51

Feb 28, 2007
    Baltimore City
    Here's what I'm looking for. A High Quality, yet affordable (<$100), rescue type folding knife. I require a good hard blade, nothing fancy, but great for unity. A belt cutter and a glass breaker.

Pitcher yourself hanging by a seat belt upside down in a burning car, what knife would you like to have on your web gear?

DorGunR

R.I.P.
    Mar 7, 2007
    Severn
    I carry this one on a dog tag chain around my neck. But its too small to break car glass.

knife005.jpg

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I have a folding Spyderco like the first one on this page I bought to take scuba diving with me:

http://www.knivesplus.com/SPYDERCO-KNIVES-FOLDERS-RESCUE.HTML

One of those listed has a glass breaker but I don't know any more about it.

These knifes you can easy open with one hand and they are sharp enough to be frightened of.
    I've seen rescue knives with belt cutters but I think one of these would cut through a belt just as fast or faster.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    I carry a Kershaw Avalanch everyday. I love it.

I know they have a fair amount of rescue type of knives in their catalog. Might be worth a look.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    i carry kershaw, either a leek or a chive. the leek has a serated blade (partial).

if you want to break glass and cut seat belts, and just do that, i'd suggest checking out Smith and Wesson's HRT line, there is one with a scallop serrated edge and a glass breaking rear stud. i dont need such things, as i'll just break glass with the butt of my all metal kershaw or a larger knife. i have a S&W boot knife and have carried/used it on many a trip outdoors. i usually carry an SOG SEAL pup or a KaBar as well, but that little smith was convenient.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    For breaking auto glass this would work: http://www.kk.org/cooltools/archives/001247.php

As for seat belt cutting, there are some purpose made knives that look like a scuba Z knife. In fact a Z knife could be kept in the car and even in the most restricted areas a cop would have a tough time claiming it was a weapon.

I have never tested the z knife on a seat belt, but the one I have here most likely would cut that stuff. Anyone have some seat belt material they want to cut?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom