• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    they are to quit making the bp guns soon. part will still be available. i would look else where.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I have an older Knight wolverine and love it, it is very accurate and reliable. The trigger is one of the best I have seen on a production rifle. This was bought when Tony Knight owned knight rifles. They have since been sold off and the quality went down hill a little but not much. now Knight is being sold off or going out of business all together. If you can find an older knight get it and enjoy it.

If you are looking at buying a new gun Look very hard at the T/C encore You will pay close to $1000 for it but it is a great rifle and you can switch barrels and hunt anything you want with it.

I also have 2 encore frames and quite a few barrels and love it.

Diesel Kinevel

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Frederick, MD
    Knight was sold and is not making any more BP products from what I hear. The parts are already vanishing. I have the USAK model. I absolutely hate it. It is hard to clean with the tool it comes with and is very awkward when you carry it on a sling. The only thing I can say is it shoots awesome. It is very accurate

-Z

mudd4life88

Mar 18, 2009
    Essex, MD
    Don't know what you are looking for but I have a CVA Eclipse Hunter in line 50 cal 209 primer that I have never fired and was fired by the previous owner 2 times. He was an older guy and couldn't handle the recoil so I bought it and the 3 shotguns he had as a group.It has a set of rails on the top to mount a scope. Let me know if your interested. I really know nothing about the gun.

Tractor Boy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 8, 2008
    Severn/Greenbelt/Iraq
    I bought the Knight KRB7 when Midway had them for $79.99 a few months ago, now selling for way more. It comes from the factory with the very accurate Green Mountain rifled barrel and is the most accurate BP I have ever shot 1" groups @ 50 yards with the factory true-glo sights, easy to clean, although it feels a little cheaply made its been reliable and accurate, killed 1 doe this season...... I have actually shot better with it than my buddy that bought the T/C Encore with scope!

Dodgem250

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 1, 2009
    Indian Head, Merland
    Go with the Savage 10MLBTSS-II or a lower priced Traditions Pursuit, TC is fine if you feel the need to keep up with the jones'.

I owned a Knight Wolverine LK93 for 7 years and finally upgraded to the above models, loved them all. The Knight technology is well dated by todays standards, the LK93 was a bear to break down and clean compared to the newer inlines today and the whole disc rifle thing to me is nothing but added work for no reason.

garber38

Custom tailored ionizer
    Dec 27, 2006
    Somewhere in PA.
    Probably not going with the Knight as the parts will probably go sooner or later. I am doing some research on the CVA Eclipse hunter that Mudd has and will be looking at the Traditions. The T/C's are not in my price range right now as I am sorta new to this. Have fired and hunted with the T/C and liked it.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Using a t/c is not trying to keep up with the Joneses.

It is a very fine hunting platform. with the change barrels you can use the one frame to do most of your hunting.

If you are looking for an encore try looking at the used market. you can get them somewhat cheap and they still have the same warranty.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I have an older Knight wolverine and love it, it is very accurate and reliable. The trigger is one of the best I have seen on a production rifle. This was bought when Tony Knight owned knight rifles. They have since been sold off and the quality went down hill a little but not much. now Knight is being sold off or going out of business all together. If you can find an older knight get it and enjoy it.

If you are looking at buying a new gun Look very hard at the T/C encore You will pay close to $1000 for it but it is a great rifle and you can switch barrels and hunt anything you want with it.

I also have 2 encore frames and quite a few barrels and love it.

I had one too for about 7 years, sold it, and now I wish I had never done that. I miss my old #11 capper Wolverine. It was a pain in the ass to clean, but, everything else it offered made it well worth the effort.

camotruck

Oct 22, 2011
    Western MD
    I have a knight 45 super with the orange 209 primer holders. pre "Disc" been riding the pine in the gun safe for quite a while. I killed a bunch of deer with it though. Worlin on a flinter now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom