• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Worried about jail?

The Concealed Carry Cuck Company is looking at you!

They will teach you:

*To rely on others for personal protection . Remember, only the police are professional enough to defend themselves and others.

*How to carry without a round chambered and how to pick the right holster so your gun doesn't fall out when you're running away.

*Train you how to record crimes with your cell phone in the most discreet way so you don't have to "get involved".

*Teach you to give your attacker as much time as necessary for them to gain an advantage on you. It's what a gentleman would do!

*Showcase the latest eyewear that allows you to "ignore crime" and "mind your own business" that may happen to the elderly, women, and children.

*Teach you how to run away and expose your back to an attacker.

*Show you how being dead is better than using force and having to face charges.

*Train you how to administer I.V. fluids so you don't have to use deadly force while bleeding out.

*Teach you how to bring an attacker back to life so they can "even the score".

*Teach you that your property is not really yours and isn't worth defending. The State knows best.

*Teach you how to call "time outs and replays" when you are attacked so you can call an attorney for advice before using force. Sign up now and get a free "time out referee flag"

*Teach you the most painless way to remove your empty sack so it does not snag on something.

*Train your body to accept sexual assault because the experts say that rape "is not going to kill you", so deadly force is "not justified".

*Show you that Carry Insurance is a waste of money. Our staff of funeral home and life insurance experts can show you how to use that money for funeral arrangements and life insurance. Remember it's better for you to die a coward and your family get money.

*Most importantly we will teach you to die exactly how the state wants you to die.

Last edited:

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Right back at ya.

But I suspect from a recent visit to a local gun show that most gun owners would have a heart attack digging said foxhole, let alone fighting from one, so I'm not worried about sharing one with anyone.

Rittenhouse (and Zimmerman. and Andy) are living proof that sometimes the process IS the punishment. These lawsuits will probably go nowhere, but he has to pay more attorneys and incur other costs throughout.

The thought of bankrupting myself and my family for such endeavors is.....I don't even have the word. Ridiculous comes to mind.
    He could counter sue for the time, pain, suffering and legal costs.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    What took so long?

I figured the scheister lawyers would have been lined up around the block on this one.
    Dodging service for weeks (months?). The judge noted the fact that he agreed with the plaintiff's lawyers that he was dodging service intentionally. He was finally served papers at his mother and sister's home in Florida where they had moved. Served them on his sister who said he wasn't home at the time. Rittenhouse's lawyers claim he doesn't live there and he wasn't properly served and tried to claim he doesn't have a residence anywhere. The judge basically told them to suck eggs and it was obvious he has been dodging service and he was properly served in the end.

Sounds like the judge is pretty unhappy in this instance of Rittenhouse and his lawyers trying to be too cute.

I can't imagine how the heck the plaintiff's estate's lawyers are going to win this one, but pissing off the trial judge doesn't help you as the defense.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    He was a crusader. In my opinion, his actions were ill advised. He took on a role he was unequipped to fulfill. The outcome bore this out.

I admire his bravery, his honoring of civic duty. I was pulling for a not guilty on all counts verdict. In the end, me made little difference.

I think this suit is complete bulshit. I pray he wins.
    That basically lines up 100% with my feelings on it. Though I'd also add, WTF was his mother thinking? It wasn't like he ran off to do it. His Mom dropped him off. That feels more than a little neglectful as a parent. My oldest just turned 15. I realize that is two years shy of how old Kyle was, but I can't possibly imagine dropping a 17 year old off with no real training past "I've shot a gun in the woods some and I have some first aid skills" in what was obviously a pretty lawless riot, kissed them on the cheek and said "I'll see you later honey. Try not to need to kill anyone tonight".

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Same Jurist community that found Rittenhouse not guilty of murder ... is the same community that will hear this lawsuit ... Why would the result be any different ?
    The standards in a civil suit are significantly lower than a criminal trial, let alone a murder trial. IIRC, it is a balance of evidence test, not beyond a reasonable doubt standard.

Plus you can be innocent of murder or other crimes, but still be found liable for your actions (tort). If I cause a true accident, under almost any criminal law, unless there was neglect or my actions rise to the level of something a reasonable person should have known could cause the accident, no law has been broken. But I am still responsible for the accident if I cause it. If I change a lane and side swipe someone off the road in my blind spot, I am almost certainly not going to be convicted (and likely not even tried) for assault or manslaughter/murder. But I am liable for the damage resulting from the accident as I caused it.

So the results could very well be very different. Plenty of people have been exonerated on murder and manslaughter charges, but later are found liable for those same actions. For example, mister "if the glove don't fit, acquit". He was found innocent, but later liable in a civil trial.

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    Dodging service... It's my understanding that Rittenhouse is essentially "on the run" from folks who would do him harm. I heard an interview with him which basically stated (as best as I can recall) that he's can't afford full time security so he instead has to be discreet.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    True.

Doing so will also cost him a lawyer and more time.

You know what doesn't cost time/money/the risk of death/jail?

Staying home in your town many miles from the place where trouble is brewing.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    That basically lines up 100% with my feelings on it. Though I'd also add, WTF was his mother thinking? It wasn't like he ran off to do it. His Mom dropped him off. That feels more than a little neglectful as a parent. My oldest just turned 15. I realize that is two years shy of how old Kyle was, but I can't possibly imagine dropping a 17 year old off with no real training past "I've shot a gun in the woods some and I have some first aid skills" in what was obviously a pretty lawless riot, kissed them on the cheek and said "I'll see you later honey. Try not to need to kill anyone tonight".
    Yep.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    This Rittenhouse issue will never be resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

Was he wise to go to the demonstration? Probably not.

Was he wise to arm up? Under the circumstances, apparently yes.

Did he demonstrate a higher level of good citizenship than most community, state and federal officials? Certainly.

Would the nation be better off with more Rittenhouses, or more Antifas? Or should we all just stay home and hope it all blows over? You know the answers.

owldo

Ultimate Member
    The standards in a civil suit are significantly lower than a criminal trial, let alone a murder trial. IIRC, it is a balance of evidence test, not beyond a reasonable doubt standard.

Plus you can be innocent of murder or other crimes, but still be found liable for your actions (tort). If I cause a true accident, under almost any criminal law, unless there was neglect or my actions rise to the level of something a reasonable person should have known could cause the accident, no law has been broken. But I am still responsible for the accident if I cause it. If I change a lane and side swipe someone off the road in my blind spot, I am almost certainly not going to be convicted (and likely not even tried) for assault or manslaughter/murder. But I am liable for the damage resulting from the accident as I caused it.

So the results could very well be very different. Plenty of people have been exonerated on murder and manslaughter charges, but later are found liable for those same actions. For example, mister "if the glove don't fit, acquit". He was found innocent, but later liable in a civil trial.
    So he can be found liable for killing someone who was trying to kill him ? If that's the case, it's no wonder people act upon their frustrations the ways that they do ! Is this a great country or what ? This country is in need of serious tort reform !

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Would the nation be better off with more Rittenhouses, or more Antifas? Or should we all just stay home and hope it all blows over? You know the answers.

*****The above. Rittenhouse, in hindsight, should not have been where he was that evening as the situation really got out of hand, and it became an absolute shit show.

The above being said - that 17 year old kid showed more maturity under pressure, once things really got out of hand, then I think most people give him credit for. He didn't just start spraying bullets down at the crowd, even as he was literally running for his life, and he defended himself against those that had attacked him, and who clearly wanted to hurt him/kill him.

We send kids not much older than him, with some training, to fight for us in foreign lands, under the command of people with much more training and presumably better judgement than a 17 year old kid might presumably have.

He should *not* have been there, but once he found himself in a terrible situation, I think he showed maturity and restraint well beyond his years.

He made mistakes, but we need more people in this country like Rittenhouse - who at least was trying to help people and defend businesses in the area from the Antifa folks who just wanted to loot, and burn things down, while the ROE of official law enforcement was somewhat hamstrung from just squashing a situation like this before it got out of hand - as it clearly did.

It was guys like Rittenhouse, several hundred years back, who stood up and helped fight for the freedom of our nation as well as help set the foundation of the rule of law(s) the rest of our society enjoys along with the freedoms we have now.

I'd rather see more guys like him than lawless Antifa types who seemingly just want to see the world burn.

truth.jpg
    kenosha_mile.jpg
    rittenhouse1.jpeg

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    *****The above. Rittenhouse, in hindsight, should not have been where he was that evening as the situation really got out of hand, and it became an absolute shit show.

The above being said - that 17 year old kid showed more maturity under pressure, once things really got out of hand, then I think most people give him credit for. He didn't just start spraying bullets down at the crowd, even as he was literally running for his life, and he defended himself against those that had attacked him, and who clearly wanted to hurt him/kill him.

We send kids not much older than him, with some training, to fight for us in foreign lands, under the command of people with much more training and presumably better judgement than a 17 year old kid might presumably have.

He should *not* have been there, but once he found himself in a terrible situation, I think he showed maturity and restraint well beyond his years.

He made mistakes, but we need more people in this country like Rittenhouse - who at least was trying to help people and defend businesses in the area from the Antifa folks who just wanted to loot, and burn things down, while the ROE of official law enforcement was somewhat hamstrung from just squashing a situation like this before it got out of hand - as it clearly did.

It was guys like Rittenhouse, several hundred years back, who stood up and helped fight for the freedom of our nation as well as help set the foundation of the rule of law(s) the rest of our society enjoys along with the freedoms we have now.

I'd rather see more guys like him than lawless Antifa types who seemingly just want to see the world burn.

View attachment 399724 View attachment 399725 View attachment 399726

You may have inferred my answers.

Stand by for the inevitable alternatives.

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    This Rittenhouse issue will never be resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

Was he wise to go to the demonstration? Probably not.

Was he wise to arm up? Under the circumstances, apparently yes.

Did he demonstrate a higher level of good citizenship than most community, state and federal officials? Certainly.

I disagree with all your premises, save for your first. Your first renders the rest moot.
    His presence made little difference. Except two people died that night. The right two people, arguably, but none the less, needlessly. They're deaths made no difference at that moment and one could argue, made things worse going forward.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    So he can be found liable for killing someone who was trying to kill him ? If that's the case, it's no wonder people act upon their frustrations the ways that they do ! Is this a great country or what ? This country is in need of serious tort reform !
    He could. I doubt it considering the dude attacked him and got literally what was coming to him. I am not remotely a lawyer. But at least cases I have seen and decisions I’ve read, based on what he is being sued for, maybe. Effectively he helped creat the situation, along with the police and city, that lead skaterboi getting a belly full of lead.

In civil suits you don’t even have to be 100% at fault. If you are any at fault, you can still be liable. Basically if the plaintiff can show the defendant was stupid and his stupid was part of what lead to the plaintiff getting killed, well they have liability. Or if the defendant created an unsafe situation. Etc.

In this case, Kyle really should not have been there. He wasn’t prepared at all for the situation and multiple stupid decisions lead to him being in the situation he was in.

But I, read that as bold and underlined, don’t think Kyle in the end is responsible for douche canoe eating it. Douche canoe was. Don’t attacked guys with guns is a pretty decent tenant in life.

I am just trying to communicate that tort law can be twisty and not intuitive how someone can be found innocent on criminal charges, but still be held liable in civil court. Especially when the liability might not be directly tied to the crime they were charged with.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Didnt he already win a defamation lawsuit? Anyhow just cuz hes getting sued doesnt mean he lost already. Hopefully judge just rules in favor of Rittenhouse or dismisses the case.

Coulda would shoulda is long gone of what his parents and Kyle should have done. Its done what he did.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    So, where is the line between "doing the right thing" to protect businesses (livelihoods) and homes from leftist lunatics and "he shouldn't have been there?" His age? 16 and 17 year olds lied to join the military in the 1940s and are considered heroes.

Was Rawlings-Blake right after all?

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    So, where is the line between "doing the right thing" to protect businesses (livelihoods) and homes from leftist lunatics and "he shouldn't have been there?" His age? 16 and 17 year olds lied to join the military in the 1940s and are considered heroes.

In all fairness, those lying about their age to enter the military at least received the military training to carry out their duties. No one is wronging him for acting, but acting alone, without proper training and assistance. At least that is how I feel.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

There is a tremendous amount of difference between KR and a soldier of the same age. There are guys in your age group doing brain surgery and called heroes for it. So….you ready to do some brain surgery?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom