• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    We went out again for the late rifle season and were basically open to any ideas that might get a deer. This has been one of the worst seasons that I can ever remember. We decided to hunt behind our club house in Toddville, Dorchester County yesterday where I had success last year to the day. From 7am till almost 10am I must have seen 30+ sikas and 3 stags. The deer were between 350 and 500 yards from me, but they kept me alert all morning. 4 does came my way, but I passed. I could have tried to take a shot, but I don't think I would have been successful. Finally one of the stags starting walking in my direction, the middle sized of the 3. He got to about 350 yards and I got ready, but he disappeared into the swamp. About a half hour later I looked over and there he was 230 yards away on the move. I sent one to him and he kicked up like I hit him low. I saw he didn't fall and gave him one more. Gotta love carrying a semi. He dropped. I radioed RednekRebel and he said he'd get down to come give me a hand, but he had to run back to the house first. My brother was there, he slept in, so I called him and told him to bring the 4wheeler out. A few minutes later I saw him trying to get up, but all i could see was his neck and his head. I was worried he'd drag himself into a ditch and float away since the tide was rolling. I sent a few more at him and finally connected.

Then the adventure began. Luckily there are 2 boats at the treestand so we flipped one over and used it to retrieve the stag. We all wear chest waders when we are out there. You can fall into holes waist deep full of mud and muck. It took us a little over an hour to retrieve the stag, but man was it an experience. Being as prepared as we are actually made it fun and enjoyable. It's only a 4 point, but the whole adventure made up for it not being a 6. We had a great time and were all smiles ear to ear the whole time we were getting that thing out of the swamp.

Boat.jpg
    Sika Boat.jpg
    Me Sika Boat.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0017.jpg

Rednekrebel

Apr 9, 2007
    Edgemere
    Nice photos of deer with gun, bag, and nick courtesy of ME!

Once again Nick, congrats and I was glad to be the part of one of the greatest experiences ever.

Black Bart- Yes, you put sika and whitetail meat next to each other, you can tell the difference. I personally prefer sika. Little more tender and sweeter.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Lakes and Straits is right down the street from us. Actually they do, I think they taste better. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I know where it's at it was one of my stops when I did the firehouse Ansul system inspections. :) First time there was like WTF am I, hope the road doesn't sink! Comparatively speaking Crisfield on on a mountain top!

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Nice photos of deer with gun, bag, and nick courtesy of ME!

Once again Nick, congrats and I was glad to be the part of one of the greatest experiences ever.

Black Bart- Yes, you put sika and whitetail meat next to each other, you can tell the difference. I personally prefer sika. Little more tender and sweeter.

Thanks buddy, can't wait till next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom