• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    Anyone else running one of these? Could be due to me running an 8.5" barrel but it really helps balance this AR. Not sure what the longevity will be but it cycles fine so far with 55 grain Wolf Gold and XM193 Federal.

Attachments

• LawExtended.jpg
      LawExtended.jpg
      34.4 KB · Views: 618
    • LawFolded.jpg
      LawFolded.jpg
      45.6 KB · Views: 561

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Anyone else running one of these? Could be due to me running an 8.5" barrel but it really helps balance this AR. Not sure what the longevity will be but it cycles fine so far with 55 grain Wolf Gold and XM193 Federal.

AIUI... adding the stock to it makes it a short barreled rifle and without a stamp... you could be in violation of the NFA.

deesly1

Nov 16, 2011
    Correct me if I am wrong but with a barrel of 8 inches the fact that it is a butt stock makes it a SBR. It would fail the copy cat in MD for flash hinder and folding stock. 2 features. But please correct me if I am wrong.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Correct me if I am wrong but with a barrel of 8 inches the fact that it is a butt stock makes it a SBR. It would fail the copy cat in MD for flash hinder and folding stock. 2 features. But please correct me if I am wrong.

We do not know when he got his stamp. That can also be a muzzle brake.

I have read a lot of posts by the OP over the years. I'm sure he got it right.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    AIUI... adding the stock to it makes it a short barreled rifle and without a stamp... you could be in violation of the NFA.

I would say the 8" barrel would make it an SBR waaay before you start worrying about the stock ;)

Unless you were viewing it as a pistol with a stock added I suppose.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I would say the 8" barrel would make it an SBR waaay before you start worrying about the stock ;)

No stock = pistol... Add stock = SBR.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014

That doesn't work either unless it's a Broomhandle or one of those of similar vintage.

The OP has a ton of posts. It would be hard to believe he doesn't know what a SBR is. Yet here we are presuming he is guilty.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    No stock = pistol... Add stock = SBR.

I meant the fact that it was a folding stock. Obviously if it has no stock at all then it's a pistol. Seems the folding option would just be for compact transport, right? It wouldnt cycle without the stock out:shrug:

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    That doesn't work either unless it's a Broomhandle or one of those of similar vintage.

The OP has a ton of posts. It would be hard to believe he doesn't know what a SBR is. Yet here we are presuming he is guilty.

I know the op. He has plenty of SBRs.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    I meant the fact that it was a folding stock. Obviously if it has no stock at all then it's a pistol. Seems the folding option would just be for compact transport, right? It wouldnt cycle without the stock out:shrug:
    You missed the whole Sig Brace bruhaha. You can have a padded buffer tube, a Sig brace, a Shockwave Blade and they can fold. What is pictured is not a cheek rest.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    The LAW folder works well. It does add a pound or so at the rear, which I feel helps the balance a bit. Hasn't impacted operation as far as I can tell.

Just don't fire while it's in the open position.

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    If anyone is interested in the HERA Side Folding Unit give me a shout. A company sent me an extra one and if nobody wants it I will be sending it back.
    It is brand new, and box is unopened.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    If anyone is interested in the HERA Side Folding Unit give me a shout. A company sent me an extra one and if nobody wants it I will be sending it back.

It is brand new, and box is unopened.

Karma? If so, I'm in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I know Pwoolford, and he is a stand up fella.

Without a doubt, the gun is a Tax Paid S.B.R., and he knows the Law, so its:

1) A pre 2013 SBR's, so the OAL wouldnt apply.

2) If the gun is a post 2013 S.B.R., a Folder as pictured is legal as long as the muzzle device a brake (The one ho has posted is a Brake, not a Flash Hider). I do believe a 8.5" barrel with a LAW Folder and a pinned & welded brake will meet the 29" OAL.

As far as the LAW Folder goes, they are neat. There are a few generations of them and the newest ones are steel construction and the bolt extension is tooless. They are really neat. They wont work on a 9mm AR unless you remove the carrier weight and thats not very smart.

Ill be getting one for one of my SBR's

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    Definitely pre 2013 (even assembled pre) and I'm well into my stamp collection but thanks for the heads up everyone. Just to make life easier I stamped all my lowers except a couple dedicated longer range AR's. I had so many lowers and uppers floating around I didn't want to worry with the constructive intent BS.

I'd have to measure and swap around some uppers but think you could even get a 7.5 barrel to make the length requirement with the right muzzle device. Looking back at the photo my stock is even collapsed...opened it would make 29". Though I find with the Law adapter I leave it collapsed now.

The 8.5 barrel was a goofy project a friend gave me. Had no gas port or barrel extension and I think they were built for piston guns since no standard gas tube would work. Had to cut one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom