• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Boundless, crime is has a direct correlation to social economic ills and issues. Ever notice where there is poor education, poor people, there is crime? Think about where and why crime is committed. It is not germane to location.... it is germane to the social economics of that area.
    Maybe you misunderstood. You will not change a criminals behavior by paying them more than we already do to stay at home and not work. I am familiar with the socioeconomic causes of some crime. You don't fix them by throwing money at the criminals. Unless of course that money is spent incarcerating them so that they cannot continue to victimize the law abiding. Hope that clears up any misunderstanding.

T'Challa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 24, 2013
    Wakanda
    Maybe you misunderstood. You will not change a criminals behavior by paying them more than we already do to stay at home and not work. I am familiar with the socioeconomic causes of some crime. You don't fix them by throwing money at the criminals. Unless of course that money is spent incarcerating them so that they cannot continue to victimize the law abiding. Hope that clears up any misunderstanding.

Am I reading this correctly. .. poor people are criminals? I sincerely hope that that is not the notion. My suggestion was to jump start the economy because the crime that we see amongst the poor is related to the economy. We need to grow the middle class which neans coaching the poor up and building a strong economy and a more robust infrastructure. The profit margin of the super rich is at the expense of the working man. We have to fix this country. The 2 party system is broken.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Boundless, crime is has a direct correlation to social economic ills and issues. Ever notice where there is poor education, poor people, there is crime? Think about where and why crime is committed. It is not germane to location.... it is germane to the social economics of that area.

T,

Every time you take 2 steps forward you take 1 step backwards. :)

There a lot of folks out there without an education and without money.

The vast majority of them don't commit any kind of crime whatsoever.

The people that do commit a crime, simply made the decision to commit a crime.

This is about upbringing and right and wrong.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

edhallor

Feb 23, 2010
    Aberdeen
    But the WaPo article also pushed the Hogan camp away from the 2A community a bit. This community needs to come together, but it also needs to stop talking when doing so does our community more harm than good.

Because of the WaPo article and the threads it used to pull that information, the 2A community will have to work harder now to regain some trust with the Hogan administration.

We need to stop running our collective mouths in public, it really does do us more harm than good.

As said many times in the past opinions are like A-Holes everyone has one. The Governor elect although he cannot single handed change the Anti Gun Bills of the past. He however, knowing who put him in Office would be foolish not to acknowledge that point and put work on 2A at the top of his list.
    Also you can be damm well sure a large number of anti gun Dems that will be up for re-election took note of the loss both in Maryland and on the National level by Republicans who were very vocal on gun rights.
    Remain quit, hell no, when you are on the Steam Roller you do not turn the keys off.
    Yes there are more important items in Md like Property Taxes, Health and education, but forget 2A I think not.
    As far as more Welfare money to cut crime are you joking. What do you believe brought all of this lazy criminal scum to Maryland in the first place? The answer is easy Maryland pays some of the highest Welfare money on the East Coast.
    Want to cut crime and drugs in Maryland cut your Welfare rates to the lowest on the East Coast. No more $100 Tennis Shoes or Crack, still feeling Liberal offer them a Bus Ticket to Pa or NY which would then have a higher rate.
    These bums will not starve they will follow the free money.
    Does it seem strange to anyone that the highest consumption of Alcohol, Cigarettes and sale of Lottery Tickets come from the poorest neighborhoods in Baltimore.
    With the lowest rate of employment coming from these same neighborhoods, where do you believe that money is coming from, your pocket perhaps?
    The Political pendulum is on a swing to the right and no I do not feel sorry for jackasses that will need to sober up and get a job.
    To end this I am damm tired of being threatened by Jackson, Sharpton and others that they will Riot if they are not given what they want.
    Al please stand in the front of the criminal crowd you infer will spill over in my neighborhood.

Eddie O

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    As said many times in the past opinions are like A-Holes everyone has one. The Governor elect although he cannot single handed change the Anti Gun Bills of the past. He however, knowing who put him in Office would be foolish not to acknowledge that point and put work on 2A at the top of his list.
    Also you can be damm well sure a large number of anti gun Dems that will be up for re-election took note of the loss both in Maryland and on the National level by Republicans who were very vocal on gun rights.
    Remain quit, hell no, when you are on the Steam Roller you do not turn the keys off.

Then feel free to step up and take a leadership position in MSI, AGC, MSRPA or any other state level 2A organization, and you can try to mend the issue that the Post article, and the thread it referenced caused. If you think it will be so easy to repair this issue then please feel free to take the lead.

We are not saying to stop talking about the 2A, but for god's sake, when one of the state organizations tells you to stop talking about something in public, stop doing it. There is a reason we are asking you to stop, and we may or may not be able to tell you (the 2A community) why.

If you don't take us at our word, then please, by all means, start your own organization and do it yourself, as those of us that volunteer hundreds of personal hours have other things to do.

Yes there are more important items in Md like Property Taxes, Health and education, but forget 2A I think not.
    As far as more Welfare money to cut crime are you joking. What do you believe brought all of this lazy criminal scum to Maryland in the first place? The answer is easy Maryland pays some of the highest Welfare money on the East Coast.
    Want to cut crime and drugs in Maryland cut your Welfare rates to the lowest on the East Coast. No more $100 Tennis Shoes or Crack, still feeling Liberal offer them a Bus Ticket to Pa or NY which would then have a higher rate.
    These bums will not starve they will follow the free money.
    Does it seem strange to anyone that the highest consumption of Alcohol, Cigarettes and sale of Lottery Tickets come from the poorest neighborhoods in Baltimore.
    With the lowest rate of employment coming from these same neighborhoods, where do you believe that money is coming from, your pocket perhaps?
    The Political pendulum is on a swing to the right and no I do not feel sorry for jackasses that will need to sober up and get a job.
    To end this I am damm tired of being threatened by Jackson, Sharpton and others that they will Riot if they are not given what they want.
    Al please stand in the front of the criminal crowd you infer will spill over in my neighborhood.

Eddie O

And yes, things are starting to swing our way, but again, when we (organization) ask to stop talking about stuff in public (feel free to talk all you want at home, over dinner, at the bar, etc.) please, for th sake of the 2A movement in MD, do it.

338lapua09

Feb 7, 2013
    3rd rock from sun
    sounds like the same MSI BS that they said when all 2a stuff went thru last go around..See how well that worked out for us..

Squeaky wheel gets the grease every time ......Just saying..

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    sounds like the same MSI BS that they said when all 2a stuff went thru last go around..See how well that worked out for us..

And the second rat gets the cheese.

Sometimes the smart play is to sit back, let the dust settle and scope out the situation before you jump in.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

I'll make the same offer to you that I made to Ed (above), and to anyone else on this board.

If you think you can do a better job, then by all means feel free top step up and take over.

ked0607

Aug 25, 2012
    PG CO
    I've sit quietly reading since the passage of SB281. I comment very little. I stood in line to state my name and pure opposition to this train wreck that many of us stood opposed to. For sake of sweet baby Jesus folks discuss this stuff in pm. It was said no one knows how stupid you will sound or what you are thinking until you open your flaps. Why publicly give them ammo to use against us? Make them use a real spy to join us and to enjoy what we enjoy. Before you know it that spy will be converted to one of us and against them.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I am cautiously optimistic about where things will go on 2A issues now that Hogan is the next to pilot the state... but relying on some people... who know people... reading between lines gives me a little more hope than less. I, like many others, suffer from a pretty good case of BGOS... but my gut tells me he won't forget us. Time will obviously tell if our (2A) concerns will be in play in this election cycle. For me, if so, I hope it plays out sooner than later... not because I want it now... but because as others have stated, time will also have a cooling effect on the fervor that some decisions might (realistically most definitely will) cause. And... I also realize that 2A concerns are not at the forefront of Hogan's agenda... This state is broken... badly... by 8 years of liberal rule. Maybe I am just drinkin' the Koolaid... but I think that he can get some things fixed... maybe not everything. But give him a chance to get into office before you hold his feet to the fire. A letter of congratulations would be nice... but for Pete's sake... don't end it with... "Now give me my G*d d*mn carry permit!"

PS. Not meant to be one, but if you consider this post a rant, then... rant=off.

ked0607

Aug 25, 2012
    PG CO
    Jumpstart it how? Another Stimulus? :lol2:

There's a difference between poor who want to work and those who want to be poor and work the system. We cannot fix generations of welfare abuse with the snap of a finger. This will not happen overnight. However we can strengthen our prison policies and get those who are able to work off of welfare. Being a baby factory for hire to reproduce uneducated voter population should never be an option on a resume. There's folks in prison making more money thanks most of the guards. Clean up of policy and cleaning house to restore fiscal responsibility will trickle down quickly. If we lower benefits in prison then folks will be less likely to go back. I like the idea of three strikes and you are out. Much tougher penalties.

15carbine15

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 5, 2014
    Prince George's County
    The jails have to be fixed, even the juvenile centers. Places like cheltenham has xbox, playstation, they get to watch tv, play all sorts of games etc etc. And people wonder why these little criminals don't mind going back over and over. They have more electronics and fun in jail than at home. Very sad

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    We are not saying to stop talking about the 2A, but for god's sake, when one of the state organizations tells you to stop talking about something in public, stop doing it.

Again…no.

This is a public discussion board and there are exactly 5 people who get to determine what gets said here.

Here's the problem, is that this attitude of "don't say anything because they might not like us" has a chilling effect on productive discussion.

No one is "telling" anyone anything. As long as we are clear on that, carry on.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Again…no.

This is a public discussion board and there are exactly 5 people who get to determine what gets said here.

Here's the problem, is that this attitude of "don't say anything because they might not like us" has a chilling effect on productive discussion.

No one is "telling" anyone anything. As long as we are clear on that, carry on.

I'm not saying "don't say anything because they might not like us", hell they already don't like us, but why make the job harder to get stuff done? I'll be blunt, the entire 2A community no longer has a seat at the table with the Hogan administration because of the Post article, and the thread(s) it referred to here.

How exactly does that help us? It doesn't, now we have to bust our ass to get back in the room and then back to the table.

If this community wants to see any change in the 2A then it has to work smarter, not harder, and right now it appears that isn't the case.

Throwing out ideas is great, having a discussion is great, it's how things get started, but if someone comes and asks you to stop because you are doing more harm than good to something that benefits you, why would you continue to do what you are doing?

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I'm not saying "don't say anything because they might not like us", hell they already don't like us, but why make the job harder to get stuff done? I'll be blunt, the entire 2A community no longer has a seat at the table with the Hogan administration because of the Post article, and the thread(s) it referred to here.

How exactly does that help us? It doesn't, now we have to bust our ass to get back in the room and then back to the table.

If this community wants to see any change in the 2A then it has to work smarter, not harder, and right now it appears that isn't the case.

Throwing out ideas is great, having a discussion is great, it's how things get started, but if someone comes and asks you to stop because you are doing more harm than good to something that benefits you, why would you continue to do what you are doing?

Are you talking about the "20 minutes with Larry Hogan" thread?
    I asked Larry Hogan specifically if I could repeat his pro 2A sentiment and he said emphatically yes. I related the exchange as succinctly and accurately as possible. I believe his comments to our community really helped to motivate some on the fence to get behind Hogan. When the opposition tried to exploit Hogans comments it backfired on them.

Hogan has said repeated that he is going to work on the failing Maryland economy, firearms are not part of his campaign. Hogan will appoint a new MDSP Superintendent and Hogan would be a hero if he would simply demand a definition of "Good and substantial". If Hogan does this sooner than later, the opposition won't be able to make it a campaign issue next election.

We are winning, our prospects have never looked better. Thanks again to MSI and everyone who have done so much to make this possible.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom