• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    :thumbsup: It's ok for me just not YOU!

Live and let live people!

Anyone remember my thread from the other morning?

problem with your theory is they don't just live, they try to force Libtardism on us and think they can care for us better than ourselves and don't don't want us to be responsible. This creates dependants and permanent Dem Voters.

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    problem with your theory is they don't just live, they try to force Libtardism on us and think they can care for us better than ourselves and don't don't want us to be responsible. This creates dependants and permanent Dem Voters.

No the problem is both sides want to control and feel offended and start calling Butt hurt.

Anyone that just votes along party lines is just drinking that party's Koolaid it's called free thinking and most people these days either don't want to do it or have spend time on other things wrongly or rightly so.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Hi Smagel,

Typically gun owners lean right politically, so you're probably talking to a bunch of knuckleheads that won't ever agree with you.

It'll be like that on any gun forum you visit.

So welcome aboard, and don't sweat the petty things.

We ALL love our guns.:D

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    Hi Smagel,

Typically gun owners lean right politically, so you're probably talking to a bunch of knuckleheads that won't ever agree with you.

Well said Spot. :thumbsup:

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    So welcome aboard, and don't sweat the petty things. and stay out of the water cooler. Really, you'll feel better if you do

That about sums it up.

And remember never fall victim to:

wrongnet.jpg

obiii

Jun 2, 2010
    Allegany County, MD
    We need liberals. What the Hell would we Conservatives kick around if not for liberals? Bunny Rabbits, Kittens? Oh, wait, that's right...if a Conservative presents facts and logic to support a position, they are in Full Attack Mode.
    Just so everybody knows, I retired from the Civil Service with 25 years of civil service/Military. I am not, nor have ever been, a Communist. Conservative through and through. Never been referred to as a "Communist", not even by the most Liberal of my colleagues.
    As an aside, why wasn't this moved to the "Water Cooler"? Just wondering.

Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    I'm expressing an opinion. The inability to tolerate the opinion of others is exactly what my post is about.

....So the 'intolerance' you're referring to is surely your own, that you expressed in the very first post about how you don't like hearing other people's opinions because it hurts your feelings?

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

The whole concept of 'tolerance' has become such an unbelievably twisted one. 'Tolerance' now means 'not allowing anybody to have their own individual opinion' and excoriating anyone whose opinion doesn't make you happy. Newsflash - tolerance is supposed to mean 'live and let live.' Apparently, you aren't happy with letting others do as they wish on this forum. Yeah, that's real tolerant...

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

And FWIW I'm super liberal... just the classical kind, not the commun-- err, 'progressive' kind.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=63197

I don't really think of this board as the place for political discussions outside the realm of gun rights, but others often use this issue as an entry point to bash other liberal positions here--inappropriately, I believe. There are plenty of boards to jump up and down about political and social issues and I think those discussions belong there, not here.

O

Like we should care what you think?.

Olli

Aug 26, 2010
    Be mindful, that most members on both sides of the aisle are hypercritical. With that being said, open dialogue without fear of reprisal is what separates up from the animals around the world. Censorship should never be tolerated. This forum should not be restricted, so I agree if you do wish to join in on certain threads, well, with just a click of the mouse you can find an other website with such restrictions.

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    Hi Smagel,

There's difference between leaning right and being a complete asswipe to anyone who dares disagree with you.

Unfortunately, this thread exposes waaay too much of the latter.

You'll never gain support from the other side with that attitude...

Jamie

machman1967

Aug 30, 2009
    Frederick
    No the problem is both sides want to control and feel offended and start calling Butt hurt.

Anyone that just votes along party lines is just drinking that party's Koolaid it's called free thinking and most people these days either don't want to do it or have spend time on other things wrongly or rightly so.

well said. One of the best things about the USA is that each of us is entitled to think (and vote) for ourselves and let our neighbors think for themselves. I could give 2 shits about anyone else's opinion, they may certainly have one, and they better not tell me it's the right one cause the only one that matters is your own.

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    Man this strain of mangina-itis must be infectious. Everyone keeps coming down with it. Moreover, those infected need to stop playing in the sandbox, sand in the mangina can really rub you the wrong way.

Here's my tip for libs who need a shoulder to cry on because folks are mean to them; get a grip and get over it.

While were at it, lets talk some guns my liberal friends...

Please articulate your second amendment philosophies and then tell us how you reconcile those philosophies with some very core liberal beliefs. Please oh please tell us and we shall have the glorious discussion of firearms and freedom that you so yearn for!

Ultimate Member
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=63197

Comments in the linked thread led me to finally address something that has bothered me since becoming a part of the shooters' community.

I repeatedly see the label "liberal" thrown around as being synonymous with "anti-gun" and, by implication more often than not, "moron."

Yes, most people who identify as liberal also support a narrow interpretation of the Second Amendment, but not all do, so please don't lump us all together.

I hold predominately liberal positions. So what? I also enjoy my guns and the right to keep them. I look forward to when my right to bear them in MD is no longer infringed. However, I often feel unwelcome on this board and others because the term "liberal" gets tossed around as an epithet.

I don't really think of this board as the place for political discussions outside the realm of gun rights, but others often use this issue as an entry point to bash other liberal positions here--inappropriately, I believe. There are plenty of boards to jump up and down about political and social issues and I think those discussions belong there, not here.

On this board, I really don't care about your views on gays, abortion, taxes or anything else, just gun and 2A issues. And those are what my posts here will be about (except for this one, of course).

Education is good. It might be time to reevaluate some broad-brush opinions of liberals re: gun rights.

http://www.theliberalgunclub.com/

http://www.liberalswithguns.com/

http://www.learnaboutguns.com/2008/09/06/gun-rights-fit-in-with-liberal-ideals/

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2010/02/25/gun-rally.html

what makes you liberal? do you have feelings for other people and want to help them with giant programs that take up all of the tax revenue? I think most liberals who think they are liberals are really not when they go issue by issue. you maybe 20% liberal at best if you have any critical thinking capabilities.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom