• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crabhab

Feb 14, 2007
    **** ALL regulated firearms listed here were bought and traded/sold through proper FFL*****

Old Handguns in order of purchase:

Rossi M88 38sp.Stainless - First handgun I ever bought it was a smooth shooting nice wheelgun. Sold and re-purchased ounce then sold again in a fit of Sig Sauer induced histaria. Bought New 1999. I wish I still had this weapon.

Ruger P94DC 9mm Stainless - First pistol I bought loved this gun. Also sold and re-purchased ounce then sold again in a fit of Sig Sauer induced histaria bought used in 2000

Phoenix Arms 22lr - rangmaster pistol. Real POS Bought new 2000 traded for a Taurus Arms M94 22lr.

Taurus M94 22lr stainless - Great practice gun lots of fun. I do not remember why I traded this. 2002-2003 Maybe?

Ruger P89DC 9mm Stainless - Bought off of a friend in need and then sold back to him 2002-2003

Bersa 380ACP Duo Tone - Nice gun.. a little cheap bought it and then swapped it for a.....

Ruger P345DC 45ACP Stainless - Bought for home protection with a M3 insight tac light. Very accurate and nice shooting hated the stupid mag safety. Sold/Traded in a fit of Sig Sauer induced histaria. Purchased new in Nov 2006

Taurus PT138 Melennium. What a POS it was accurate and fit my hand well t just jammed alot after shooting more than 50 rounds in a session sent it back and it still ran like crap. Purchased new in 2006 and sold soon after. 380ACP ammo was expensive and I was tired of paying a premium for it. No more .380ACP for me.

Smith and Wesson Allied Forces Sigma SW9VE - Liked how it felt in the hand, hated the trigger. Sold/Traded in a fit of Sig Sauer induced histaria. Purchased new in Dec 2007. Wish I still had this weapon.

Sig Sauer P6 9mm - Loved this pistol I had too many sigs to keep it though. I wanted to try different pistols/actions. My most accurate handgun. I replaced the main spring with a normal spring from TGS. Purchased well used Jan 2008. I really really wish I still had this weapon.

Sig Sauer P226R .40S&W Was my home defense gun for a year. I traded it in May for part of a new Cannondale road bike. I miss this gun but, needed, like the bicycle more. Bought as a CPO Feb 2008

Beretta 21a 22lr - Always wanted one and waited and waited found one on gunbroker and it sucked... jam o matic. Loud and not very accurate. Here is a case of not as cool as I thought it would be. Bought used May 2009 Sold soon after.

Current handguns:

Sig Sauer P226 9mm - my old standby. I love this weapon. Awesome performance. Makes me look good almost every time. I bought this weapon Jan 2008 it was a CPO from Sig Sauer. Bought on gunbroker.

Beretta 92FS 9mm - beautiful and huge sorta like a BBW. I love the smooth action of the slide and I find this gun a real pleasure to shoot. Low recoil and long sight radius make it accurate and enjoyable on a high count range day. I bought this one new Oct 2009.

Glock 17 9mm - Striker fired pistol done right. I had a Sigma Allied Forces 9mm and the trigger sucked so bad even after messing with it I sold it for a huge loss. Glock has a great trigger and I enjoy shooting this pistol alot. Bought new Nov. 2009

Ruger Mark III 10/45 22lr - Great practice gun lots of fun and super accurate. I had an initial difficulty field stripping this piece but, I have it down pat now thanks to youtube. Very accurate. Mags can be hard to get to feed with certain ammo. Bought new 2009

Through this ridiculous and expensive trip buying selling and trading various handguns I have found what I like and do not like in a pistol.

1- I am not much of a revolver guy I like them but not as much as a 1st tier auto pistol.

2- I like middle/high end pistols with proven actions and solid performance. The Ruger pistols were very very reliable and rugged but, not the most accurate and little panache. Bersa/Taurus/Rossi are OK but, in my experience not as reliable as Glock, Sig, Beretta, etc etc.

3- I do not want to get to brand myopic. I became a Sig Sauer Fanboy to the exclusion of other designs and models.

4- I wanted to simplify/cheap my ammo purchases moved to 9mm exclusivley for centerfire pistols and supplement with lots of 22lr.

5- I am done buying handguns for a while (yeah right). I know what I like and I have a little bit of what I enjoy shooting. I may buy the 22lr conversion systems for my 9mm pistols but unless the political climate changes I am staying with what I got.

6- Anyone have a 1911A1 GI for sale I really enjoy shooting them and....

Attachments

• DSCN1070.jpg
      DSCN1070.jpg
      36 KB · Views: 509

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Many of my handguns never went through an FFL or the MSP, but all were legally acquired.

First handgun was bought online and delivered to me by USPS years ago. It was an antique hammerless .38 S&W Iver Johnson. Love that gun even if it is probably no longer safe to fire.

After getting my C&R license I went hog wild with both antique and C&R handguns. My favorites are:

Two CZ 52s which were less than a $100 each after shipping and I think were my first C&R purchases.

CZ82

Colt Systema

Two Nagants

The hammerless IJ mentioned above

Numerous antique and C&R top breaks and bulldogs

Pietta 1858 (1863) Remingtons (one with a conversion cylinder)

I still own them all, but a few are out on loan.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Dear MSP and Federal brown shirts,
    I have a small arsenal of guns....
    I wonder if you guys are thinking clearly sometimes.
    Own them legally or not, do you really think its wise to brag about how many weapons you own?

nuShooter

Nov 26, 2008
    Howard County
    My Handgun history:
    Sig Sauer P229 9mm . Maui helped me find it a negotiate with the guy. I'm pleased as punch with it :).

I know it's not too exciting, but it's a start....

crabhab

Feb 14, 2007
    Own them legally or not, do you really think its wise to brag about how many weapons you own?

Take off the tin foil hat. (just kidding said as a joke!) For many of us we have already completed the paperwork and ATFcheck and have the information that they could readily correlate if they wanted too. You did put your true name and address on the forms right?

I was curious see what other handgun purchases people have made. Not trying to brag..did you see some of the handguns i have purchased in the past.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie

Yes, yes I do. I have no problem telling the world I have many guns. Think of it this way, if you were so worried about people knowing you have guns, then wouldn't just being a member on a message board about guns be "unwise"?

ThePhantomPatriot

Politically Incorrect
    Take off the tin foil hat. For many of us we have already completed the paperwork and ATFcheck and have the information that they could readily correlate if they wanted too. You did put your true name and address on the forms right?

I was curious see what other handgun purchases people have made.

I agree the gov. already knows who owns what. You can thank the representatives who voted for the Patriot Act. The paperwork goes to SP, but remember they were spying on anti-war/pro-life activists, so I guarantee they sold you out to the feds if you have bought a regulated arm in MD. Not to mention the feds most likely have lifted membership information from the NRA under the Patriot Act.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Take off the tin foil hat. For many of us we have already completed the paperwork and ATFcheck and have the information that they could readily correlate if they wanted too. You did put your true name and address on the forms right?

I was curious see what other handgun purchases people have made.

No tinfoil hat, just plain common sense....
    Not only are you telling the .gov what you have, but what better way to give a shopping list to your friendly neighborhood thief. Any smart thief with a bit of good detective work can figure out where you live and poof bye bye guns.
    So no, its no tin hat, it just not being irresposible.

Tootall

Feelings Hurter
    Oct 3, 2008
    AACO
    Yes, yes I do. I have no problem telling the world I have many guns. Think of it this way, if you were so worried about people knowing you have guns, then wouldn't just being a member on a message board about guns be "unwise"?

im just here for the horse pop and wings. guns are icky

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Not only are you telling the .gov what you have, but what better way to give a shopping list to your friendly neighborhood thief. Any smart thief with a bit of good detective work can figure out where you live and poof bye bye guns.

I have an FFL (C&R), I am pretty damn sure the government knows I own guns by now.

As far as a theif, well like I said just being a member of a gun message board would be putting yourself at risk by that logic.
    A thief reading this board has no idea what kind of security I have, no idea if my neighbors watch my house and no idea if I set bear traps for them. I am not too worried about thieves taking the time and effort to come to my house taking the chance of getting caugh, killed or just simply taking the risk for nothing because they discover I might not even have any of the guns here.

It is one thing to be cautious, it is another to be overly cautious.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    I have an FFL (C&R), I am pretty damn sure the government knows I own guns by now.

As far as a theif, well like I said just being a member of a gun message board would be putting yourself at risk by that logic.
    A thief reading this board has no idea what kind of security I have, no idea if my neighbors watch my house and no idea if I set bear traps for them. I am not too worried about thieves taking the time and effort to come to my house taking the chance of getting caugh, killed or just simply taking the risk for nothing because they discover I might not even have any of the guns here.

It is one thing to be cautious, it is another to be overly cautious.

Cool, knock yourself out...

evilf150

Aug 28, 2009
    essex

+1 i don't buy and tell :thumbsup:

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    It started in either late '80 or early '81 and I had to have a buddy, a school teacher of mine, buy the gun and then transfer it to me. (Do not worry, very legal in NY's permit system.) I was too young to buy from a FFL. I do not know if I could detail each purchase made since I moved to this state 12 years ago.

I do not know if I would want to list each and then try to calculate how much $$ I have spent on handguns alone since I started this hobby.

The first handgun ever for me was an Iver Johnson revolver that looked like a reduced size version of a SAA, but this gun was SA/DA and .22 rimfire. It was a total POS but in order to complete the pistol permit process I had to get a gun within 30 days of being approved and I had to spend most of my handgun $$ on a car repair. At that time, I was living with my parents and their rule was that I had to pay for my guns and any permits myself, they wouldn't front me any money.

I tried to get rid of that gun several times, but couldn't. Finally I tried to get a gun shop to take it when I was almost ready to move here. I then went to a Buffalo police station and tried to surrender to them but I ended up selling the gun and another POS to a cop. Yes, I do have documentation on that sale.

As for being paranoid about the "local thief" finding out about me, I am more concerned about the USPS and UPS folks talking to their friends or buddies about me.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I am with Street Gang on this... sure, I will show off my toys and if you really work hard you could make a list.

I won't make a complete list for you and I don't mind stating that I own a few guns.

Being that I am a C&R, I think that means that it's a federal crime to steal from a licensee, and that means not only can I get the cops involved, but the ATF and FBI also get to play too.

So I think it pays not to be a soft target, but I don't think I would list all my guns here either. As far as .gov knowing that I own guns... can't really do anything about that.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom