• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    My Buddy JJ Simon is a knifemaker on the eastern shore. He's in Delmar but works in Salsbury.

I thought you made knives Sam?

There is a guy in Bel Air (not exactly the eastern shore but he doesn frequent larger gun shows) named Bill Meekins. He makes knives under the company name Thunder Ridge Knife. I own one, they are high quality.

rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    @Sam - I work in Woodlawn and live in Ellicott City. Do you resurrect knives, too? My dad's Solingen blade needs work, and I'd like to have a new handle/sheath made...

Pablopac

pablopac
    Aug 7, 2012
    Consider Jay Hendrickson in Frederick. Master smith, on the board of the national bladesmith society and founding member of the chesapeake bay knife collectors assn. As an aside, on 5 April there will be an open house at the Bill Moran Museum in Frederick. He is the smith who re-introduced damascus steel to american knifemaking, His shop was in Frederick MD. Jay still makes one of the best. He will be at the museum. They will be demonstrating forging and other smithing skills. 5 April from noon to 5 pm.
    pablo

Sam Salvati

blacksmith
    Apr 22, 2013
    Finksburg
    @Sam - I work in Woodlawn and live in Ellicott City. Do you resurrect knives, too? My dad's Solingen blade needs work, and I'd like to have a new handle/sheath made...

Hey RT, I have done some refinishing, i'd love to take a look at it, PM your number and ill shoot you a text when I will be around.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    A guy going by the name of Johnny Z sells knives at the Nation's Gun Show in Chantilly. This one was supposedly made from a quarry stone blade.
    If re-purposed blades are not what you want - he has a lot of other kinds of knives as well.

Attachments

• DSC_0068.jpg
      DSC_0068.jpg
      95.3 KB · Views: 157
    • DSC_0069.jpg
      DSC_0069.jpg
      97.2 KB · Views: 154
    • DSC_0070.jpg
      DSC_0070.jpg
      78.8 KB · Views: 162
    • DSC_0071.jpg
      DSC_0071.jpg