• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheGoodSoldier

Oath Keeper
    Jan 25, 2013
    Silver Spring
    So I know this is a funny thing to ask for in this state but I'm looking for a place to go that is hopfully closer than PeaceMaker in West VA. I have my Rem 700 and still saving up for a scope, but I'd like to be able to head out and start shooting as soon as I get that set up!

Also I'd like to actually take some formal long range shooting courses.....I know when I first joined up here I saw mention of someone who taught actual courses but can't find that person. Someone point me in the right direction? :D thanks!!

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    600 yards or better
    Bridgeville (DE)
    Fort Meade
    Mayberry Game Protection Association
    Quantico (VA)
    Western MD I forgot the name of the range Cumberland

For training contact Ed Shell here on the board.

Good luck

Jerry

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    Another bet is find a farmer with a whole lot of property and ask to shoot ji-hogs for him.
    You are a Veteran so better chance. Ive got three farms approved to get rid of hogs, that I've yet to take advantage of because of darn time...

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    Quantico is accepting associate memberships with no sponsors. They hold a monthly modified Palma match at 1000 yards and allow scoped rifles to shoot as well in F-Class. Or if Range 4 is open, just go for the day and shoot at increasing distance as they move the firing line out.

I'm a member so if you wanted to go down on a weekend day the rifle ranges are open, I'm happy to offer the chance to come and check it out. You're responsible for your own target stands and targets, ammo, hydration, etc if you shoot there.

Only one of two places you can shoot past 600 yards that is publicly accessible.

Matt

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    600 yards or better
    Bridgeville (DE)
    Fort Meade
    Mayberry Game Protection Association
    Quantico (VA)
    Western MD I forgot the name of the range Cumberland

For training contact Ed Shell here on the board.

Good luck

Jerry
    Cumberland is fort hill....first fclass match 4/19

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Hello,

Happened to run into this thread.

Are you saying ex-military can just go on base and shoot?

Can you point us in the right direction for that?

Links? Base phone numbers?

What does F-Class mean?

Thank you.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Quantico is accepting associate memberships with no sponsors. They hold a monthly modified Palma match at 1000 yards and allow scoped rifles to shoot as well in F-Class. Or if Range 4 is open, just go for the day and shoot at increasing distance as they move the firing line out.

I'm a member so if you wanted to go down on a weekend day the rifle ranges are open, I'm happy to offer the chance to come and check it out. You're responsible for your own target stands and targets, ammo, hydration, etc if you shoot there.

Only one of two places you can shoot past 600 yards that is publicly accessible.

Matt

I'm about a Stoney's throw beyond their 60 mile limit.

You can get up to 400 yds at 340 Defense, provided no one needs to use the porch.

Kolholznik

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 16, 2014
    You can get up to 400 yds at 340 Defense, provided no one needs to use the porch.

There is one caveat at 340 Defense. They require you to shoot an MOA group at 100 yards before they'll let you shoot on the 400 yard range.

xgaspx

Pennsylvania Ex-Pat
    May 31, 2013
    Maryland
    Contact Ed Shell on this board. He runs central virginia tactical and I can't recommend them high enough.

A U.S. Army sniper instructor recommended Ed to me a few weeks ago. Having another person recommend him seals the deal. I'm going to schedule a lesson with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom