• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tazer101

Jan 6, 2009
    I need to know a cheep/free place to shoot in harford county. Ive been going to horst guns to shoot but they get very expensive. Can any one help me out?

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    unfortunately you need to go outside of the county to shoot cheap unless you know a farmer with some land.
    I like driving to Continental taking the back roads not too bad of a drive

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Yeah I wish Continental was a little cheaper. It would be a great value if members' guests could shoot for free, or even a significantly reduced price.

tazer101

Jan 6, 2009
    I was thinking about geting a membership with elkneck in the summer but since there open in the winter i guess ill be going sooner than i acpected. BTW how long is there firing range?

Seko

Dec 6, 2008
    MoCo
    are there any other rifle ranges around? I don't mind driving up to 100 miles as long as its not too expensive and it has to be open from early on in the morning till at least 3(to justify the long drive) I still havent fired my remington and its driving me crazy please help :D And i will most likely head out to elk neck tomorrow so if anyone is interested feel free to join me.

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    where do you live?

Hap Baker is the best value for Baltimore, Howard or Carroll. It's government subsidized fun. The county actually puts money aside to pay for part of it.

ghost

Jan 20, 2008
    If you are willing to drive a 100 miles, then go to the Associated Gun Clubs range at Marriottsville MD. You have to join a club, but there are 27 of them affiliated with the AGC. Cost is usually about $30 a year for the club dues, and a $150 a year for the range fee. You can shoot there 362 days a year, 8am till 8pm, or dusk, whichever comes first. Right now weekends shooting starts at 10am, but at tonights AGC meeting there was supposed to be a motion entered to go back to 8am, as the neighbors the noise was bothering on weekends sold their farm to the AGC. Got to Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore on Google and it'll bring it up. Has 10 200 yds positions, 90 100 yds positions, 10 100 yds benchrest positions, a 60 position pistol range, and 4 trap houses, and a bow range. All the shooting points are concrete padded and covered with a roof. If you need a club to join, I'm with the Maryland Rifle Club, which also happens to be the oldest club in the AGC (founded Jan. 1933).

1874sharpsshooter

Feb 1, 2009
    cape coral, florida
    correction on hap baker firearms facility.
    the range is county operated, not funded. all of the funding comes from daily fees and membership fees. carroll county calls it an enterprise facility.
    right now it's open friday, saturday, and sunday 9AM until one hour before sunset.(closing right now at 4.30 pm)
    fees are:
    county res. $10 per day out of county res. $15 per day
    annual membership: $50 and $85 respectively
    April 1st it goes to wed. thru sun.

Mossyoak

Never enough
    Jan 5, 2009
    Ceciltucky
    are there any other rifle ranges around? I don't mind driving up to 100 miles as long as its not too expensive and it has to be open from early on in the morning till at least 3(to justify the long drive) I still havent fired my remington and its driving me crazy please help :D And i will most likely head out to elk neck tomorrow so if anyone is interested feel free to join me.

Better call first, they close the road when it snows. There is one steep hill you have to climb coming back out and since its in the woods it can stay icy. I think this is the # 410-287-5675

Seko

Dec 6, 2008
    MoCo
    yeah hap baker is definetly on my list but i think they are only from friday to sunday. At least thats what it says on their website. I live in Montgomery County, which is probably the worst county to live for gun owners.

@ghost

I really like the sound of that and its not too expensive. How could i become a member? Could you post some details?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom