• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bootknife

Ultimate Member
    Little Italy in Baltomore ,we prefer Chiaparelli's ,My Wife loves the Spinach/cheese Ravioli,I had some great Veal Parmigan on the sat b4 Mothers day...Also excellant house Chianta!Sat at about 1230-1300hrs is a good walk in time.Res are in order for the evenings.Moderatly priced and Helan is our fav Waitress!

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    If she'll eat Spanish food:

Tio Pepe's in Baltimore

Along those lines.....there's a Tapas restaurant in Harborplace that was excellent. I couldn't believe it....an actual good restaurant in that wasteland.

There's also Jalapeno's in Annapolis if you don't want to go downtown.

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    The Milton Inn is in Sparks - it's a nice place.

Here are some Top Baltimore places...

Oregon Grille - Hunt Valley
    Cinghiale - Fells Point
    Charleston - Fells Point
    Prime Rib - Baltimore
    Oceanaire - Fells Point
    Aldo's - Little Italy
    Kali's Court - Fells Point
    Black Olive - Fells Point

alb

May 1, 2009
    Howard County, Maryland
    If you want something nice, but not radically expensive, and just a bit uptown from downtown, try Marie Louise Bistro in about the 900-block North Charles Street. Nice wine card and interesting dishes. Parking within a half-block or so. Only draw-back is that lots of hard surfaces (old-time pressed tin ceiling, especially) make it a bit clattery when it is busy. Go after eight, and you will likely share the place with a few other couples -- but you risk losing out on the specials, which are worth putting up with a bit of noise not to miss.

see here: http://www.marielouise-bistro.com/index.html

I have been to The Charleston, mentioned above, and it is truly excellent -- but pricey as all hell. Four of us went in there a few years back and ran up a $600+ tab on a $90-per-person "sampler" that came in repeated courses. That was before I retired. Now I am far too cheap for such extravagances (and probably a bit jealous of anyone who isn't!).

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    i must be the only anti-ruth's chris...i've never understood the attraction...it always just seemed like overpriced decent meat...though i also don't order a steak at any restaurant...i can't see that attraction either...if i want a good steak i'm gonna go to my local amish market and buy a nice piece of meat and then cook it to my liking! I don't want some random chef deciding what medium-rare is for me. *end mini-rant*
    All I know is that the quality of the beef they use in their steaks is top notch, and they are cooked to absolute perfection - if you order a steak medium-rare at Ruth's Chris, it will be medium-rare by nearly everyone's definition. As a side note to that, unless you have a fantastic kitchen, you don't have the equipment to cook your steak like they do theirs - seared at 1800 degrees and served on a 500 degree plate with sizzling butter.

Boqueesha

Nov 6, 2008
    Montgomery Village
    All I know is that the quality of the beef they use in their steaks is top notch, and they are cooked to absolute perfection - if you order a steak medium-rare at Ruth's Chris, it will be medium-rare by nearly everyone's definition. As a side note to that, unless you have a fantastic kitchen, you don't have the equipment to cook your steak like they do theirs - seared at 1800 degrees and served on a 500 degree plate with sizzling butter.

my fancy kitchen says Weber and the taste of satisfaction from making it makes up for any 1800 degree searing or 500 degree plate :)

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    See - diversity is the spice of life. :)

Others mentioned the Cheesecake Factory - good food, but man, it seem to always be crowded.

Did anyone mention The Melting Pot? I guess that's pretty good too.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    for the lady if you want to impress her, take her to toby's dinner theater. you get pretty derned good food and a nice show for around 50 bucks/person. it's a whole evening's worth of entertainment. i know it sure "does the trick"....unless both of us are too stuffed from food and delicious booze to move when we get home. right now columbia is showing high school musical and baltimore is showing beauty and the beast. i prefer columbia's theater because you sit around a circular stage with 4 offshoots...it's like sitting on stage with them.
    http://www.tobysdinnertheatre.com/

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    See - diversity is the spice of life. :)

Others mentioned the Cheesecake Factory - good food, but man, it seem to always be crowded.

Did anyone mention The Melting Pot? I guess that's pretty good too.

melting pot kicks loads and loads of arse. i love their dark chocolate fondue dessert...mmmmmmm

alb

May 1, 2009
    Howard County, Maryland
    i must be the only anti-ruth's chris...i've never understood the attraction...it always just seemed like overpriced decent meat...though i also don't order a steak at any restaurant...i can't see that attraction either...if i want a good steak i'm gonna go to my local amish market and buy a nice piece of meat and then cook it to my liking! I don't want some random chef deciding what medium-rare is for me. *end mini-rant*

You ain't alone, pilgrim.

I ate at the Ruth's Chis in Pikesville a few years back (don't know whether it's still there or long gone) and the steak was OK -- but not spectacular -- but it was what they did to my asparagus that really, truly deserved a caning.

Not been back.

Best steak I ever had in a restaurant was on a golf course in PA about twenty years or so back -- don't even remember the name, but it was close to the DE border. Bein' a smart-a**, I asked for the steak "Pittsburgh rare," and damned if the chef didn't produce just what I asked for. He used a cast-iron skillet, chipped hard fat (what folks mistakenly call "suet") and seared it black on the outside and damn near raw in the middle.

Follow that with rings of Vidalia onion softened in the pan, a splash of port, and pour over the steak...

:rolleyes:

Bye. I gotta go eat something!

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Ruth's Chris WaterStreet, my fav
    Morton's in Georgetown near DC, outstanding
    Flemings - Baltimore, like-it-alot
    Fogo-de chao, not my favorite place, but it was packed and hot when I went

Lesser priced - legal seafood in Baltimore, cheescake factory, little italy etc...

Good luck ;)

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I was wondering why this place wasn't mentioned. We love it there and their homemade sangria is the best!

I've only been there once as it's a little rich for my blood. My in-laws and their friends go there a few times a year and also rave about the sangria.

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    Have to third or fourth the vote for Fogo De Chao. If you and your wife like meat that place is heaven. Excellent salad bar and amazing wines, too.

Charleston in Baltimore is probably the best restaurant in the area if you want a wide selection to choose from but you'll spend a couple hundred at least if you eat and drink well.

Cacao Lane in historic Ellicott City is good too and not overly pricey.

I went to Tersiguels in the same area once and it was terrible. Drafty and you sit about 2 feet from the next table. The food was average. Big letdown since I had heard so many good reviews.

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    i haven't had mortons in forever..... I'm not sure the wife has ever been to a morton's

I second the vote for Morton's. http://www.mortons.com/ The one in downtown Baltimore is outstanding and is the best. This is the special occasion place for my wife and I. It has never disappointed. The food and service are outstanding. I prefer the Baltimore Morton's to the one in Annapolis, because I like the classic American steakhouse experience with a dimly lit room and no windows. The cave-like escape from the world atmosphere is the best. Perfect for a special occasion. When you book your reservation, they usually ask if it is a special occasion. Make sure and tell them why you are visiting. You won't be disappointed.

I've eaten and Ruth's Chris on a couple occasions, and there is no comparison. Morton's is top dog. :)

K Train

PARATROOPER
    Jul 25, 2008
    FREEEEEE AT LAST!!!
    I second the vote for Morton's. http://www.mortons.com/ The one in downtown Baltimore is outstanding and is the best. This is the special occasion place for my wife and I. It has never disappointed. The food and service are outstanding. I prefer the Baltimore Morton's to the one in Annapolis, because I like the classic American steakhouse experience with a dimly lit room and no windows. The cave-like escape from the world atmosphere is the best. Perfect for a special occasion. When you book your reservation, they usually ask if it is a special occasion. Make sure and tell them why you are visiting. You won't be disappointed.

I've eaten and Ruth's Chris on a couple occasions, and there is no comparison. Morton's is top dog. :)

i think mortons is gonna take the cake on this. i made reservations at the one in annapolis because we haven't done much down there and i'd like to check out the town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom