• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I live in Abingdon and would like someone close by. Lets say along the 95 corridor from the city line to the Cecil County line.

Anyone?
    Jim Smith

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Any of those noted above would be good. I had mine done at Cop Shop and was done in 10 Mins while I waited. Just call those listed above and ask... All are reputable.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Just had Free State put some Mepro Light Trudots on my XDS last week. 2 day turnaround.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Why not do it yourself? Its just sights. Cost more upfront but you would at least have the front sight tool and be able to fine tune the rear sight yourself.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Is that a special, long procedure for an XDS to get sights?

No Blaster 229, but I wanted the MeproLight TruDots in lieu if the Trijicons because the Meps are much brighter - I have the Meps on my Sigs. The same Meps as are used for the P226 and P228 fit the XDS nicely even though they are not advertised as such. They didn't have them in stock so Randy ordered them for me. If you buy them from Freestate they do the install free, and from what I have read getting the old sights off the XDS is a pain in the ass without a good pusher. Took about 10 days for them to come in. The Friday night I dropped of the pistol off the GS was not there, but I got a call on Sunday saying it was done.

Yes Ty he did a good job - no complaints.

Apparently it is becoming a popular upgrade for the XDS because he had another XDS in the shop and the guy thought he wanted the Trijicons but I recommended the Meps.

I suppose if they have want you need/want in stock and the GS is in he might be able to do it while you wait, but I don't think he works everyday?

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    DIY

Why not do it yourself? Its just sights. Cost more upfront but you would at least have the front sight tool and be able to fine tune the rear sight yourself.

As long as there is not milling to be done, you CAN do it yourself. Front sight tool is about $7 and the rear can be nudged out with a polymer/plastic block/tool. There are probably, ohhh.... a million youtube video's on how to do it...hahhaaha seriously though, it is NOT REAL DIFFICULT to do if you are a little handy with tools. And it is hard to screw up your slide

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom