• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mr_yuk

May 9, 2012
    Hi,

I'm new here and my searches didnt turn up much so I thought i'd ask the md experts.

Right now i shoot at 200 yards over at the AGC. I just mounted a vortex 6-24 viper on my savage 10 .308 and I really want to stretch her legs!

Does anyone know of a range where I can take her past 500 yards within an hour and a half of Columbia? If its private could you also list membership fees?

Thanks!

Tim

mr_yuk

May 9, 2012
    Are they only open for matches? I'm no where near ready to compete yet. I'd like to practice at that distance first.

Thanks!

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    Try reducing the size of your targets until you are able to shoot on a longer range.

I think other then Mayberry 200 yrds is the best you'll find close to home.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Its not 500+, but DSC has a 300 berm down by Salisbury ... the drive is pleasant as long as you aren't fighting beach traffic

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    www.340defense.com range near charles town goes to 400. $35/yr + $20/hr, also annual memberships.

www.peacemakernational.com near martinsburg goes to 1000, need a membership. they do however have steel at 250 and that section of the range is $10/day.

isaac walton near mt airy that goes to 300.

most of these are prob outside your radius but at least you can check them out.

tech24

HP rifle shooter
    Dec 15, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    www.340defense.com range near charles town goes to 400. $35/yr + $20/hr, also annual memberships.

www.peacemakernational.com near martinsburg goes to 1000, need a membership. they do however have steel at 250 and that section of the range is $10/day.

isaac walton near mt airy that goes to 300.

most of these are prob outside your radius but at least you can check them out.

Just to add: peacemaker is well worth the price and drive, its heaven for firearms. To use the 1000yd ranges you need to fill out a form and create a ballistic table using chrony, and supply a signed target with 5 shot 100yd group under 1 moa. No big deal only takes a few min and they have wifi in the office to used online ballistic programs. You may not have to be a member I think they told me they changed that but you have to go with a member....can't remember.

the IWL in mt airy is only 100yds unless there is a different one but I shoot HP RC matches there once a month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom