• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    Anyone going tonight want to meet before and walk in together?

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    Also I might need some dinner before the hearing.

Ambrosia is close by, Town Center, etc.

Wapato

Aug 26, 2011
    Also I might need some dinner before the hearing.

Ambrosia is close by, Town Center, etc.

I figure people are going to be taking the Metro or parking near the council office building, so Ambrosia is probably too far.

In the other thread I suggested TARA Asia simply because I think it's the closest sit down place to the meeting. (It's good too though)
    http://rockville.patch.com/listings/tara-asia

However the area has tons of restaurants. We need to decide soon, but I'm up for whatever so long as it's not further than the town center (and if you're on the other side of the town center you're already ~10 minutes away from the meeting on foot.)

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Boy, he sure is picking some tough crowds, Rockville, sheesh.

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    I'm eating light at the moment. Tell me where you're meeting and I'll meet you there.

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    Let me know. I'll be there. My food is landing in 5 mins. I plan on leaving being at RTC by 6:30?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Video tape, record and be polite.

Themes:

- Licensing

The Supreme Court says we have a fundamental right to self-defense using firearms in common use. They also said the second amendment is equivalent to the first, fourth and fifth. Your law will make people pay hundreds of dollars to exercise a civil right.

Q1: How can you support laws that make people pay the state for civil rights?

Q2: What other rights are you willing to make us pay the state for?

Q3: Has their been a single right in the history of the US that the government makes people pay for, that is now viewed as anything but discriminatory and illegal?

Q4: This law will make it much harder for poor and disadvantaged people to purchase a handgun for home defense. Why are you disenfranchising our rights, and why are you reserving this civil right only for rick people like you?

- AWB/Registration

Your law will require people to register within 30 days. After that they face prison time.

Q1: Do you think it is right to put someone is prison for owning a firearm in 2013 that you gave them permission to buy in 2012, just because they did not know they had to register it?

Q2: What you call "assault weapons" are nothing more than hunting rifles with cosmetic features. MSP Superintendent Brown actually said in the last town hall that the ban should only apply to full automatic machine guns. Are you now admitting that my hunting rifle is also going to be banned?

Q3: The state police keeps a registry of every single regulated firearm (handguns and current AWs) that have been transferred since 1996. Isn't this true? If so, why are you making us do this again, under penalty of prison?

Q4: How many people were killed in all of Maryland last year by someone using what you now call an "Assault Weapon"? (Answer: only 3 murders with long guns and none appear to qualify as an AW under the law...so it looks like zero)

Q5: The state cannot point to a single person all of last year who was murdered by someone using what you call an "Assault Rifle". Why are you banning the most popular rifle in the nation, even though they are not used in crime?

Q6: The governor says an AR-15 is only useful to kill many people. The MSP tells the Maryland Legislature there are more than 50,000 of them in this state. So how come nobody was murdered with one in Maryland last year?

- Penalties

If someone does not know to register their hunting rifle with you in the 30-days they have, they face a misdemeanor punishable by up to 3 years. Anything conviction on a crime that could have been punished by 2 years or more - even if pled down to nothing but a fine - causes a lifetime prohibition on the ownership of any firearm under federal law. It also causes the loss of a security clearance, likely loss of jobs at any firm that does a background check, and will also cause loans to be denied.

Q1: If the only thing I do is fail to register because I forget, am out of town, sick or don't know to do it - why are you looking to destroy my life for not doing paperwork?

Q2: The Supreme Court has previously ruled that no prohibited person or felon can be charged with not registering their firearms, because it would violate their fifth amendment right to not incriminate themselves. This law and these extreme penalties can only be used to prosecute otherwise lawful people and turn them into lifetime criminals. Why are looking to covert lawful people into unlawful people?

Q3: Would you send you son or daughter to jail for failing to fill out paperwork?

Retorts:

"We require people to have driver's licenses..."

Driving is not a fundamental constitutionally protected civil right. The Supreme Court said this is a civil right, and that it is equivalent to the First Amendment. The better analogy is the state forcing me to get a license to go to church.

"The Second Amendment protects muskets..."

Only if the First protects 200 year old printing presses and ignores TV, internet, radio, etc.

Shamelessly stolen from Patrick, if any of you need help.

Also dig into the MSP Colonel about what he meant by select fire in Baltimore.

retrorichard

Member of Team Awesome
    Dec 24, 2009
    Rockville
    I just went, and provided a comment about how their so called "assault rifles" are functionally no different from hunting rifles (which they hold as distinct). I also talked about the children injured during all the knife attacks in China, and following their logic all kitchen knives need to be banned.

I was the asian guy who just got outta my marathon training class and was looking kinda sweaty in athletic wear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom