• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I am thinking about picking up an M1 Carbine before the end of the month. I am not looking for a museum piece, I am looking for a shooter. Any thoughts on where I might find one for a decent price?

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Arnt m1 carbines ok past 10/1?

That said gunshows have been best to me. Get a muzzle gauge too while shopping

Finally j&g sales has a decent price on m1 ammo right now not great at 199 a rd but not bad and the brass reloads well.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Arnt m1 carbines ok past 10/1?

That said gunshows have been best to me. Get a muzzle gauge too while shopping

Finally j&g sales has a decent price on m1 ammo right now not great at 199 a rd but not bad and the brass reloads well.

I thought they were but a friend said they aren't.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Good on you Mooseman! How long have we been pestering you to get an M1 carbine?

My understanding is basic carbines are still OK after 10/1. When you get into folding stocks and other configs then the area is gray. It's a C&R rifle for goodness sake. Dontcha just love the MD ass hat logic?

And don't you be buying $2 per round 30 carbine ammo. Between me and 4570inMD, we got your back on reloading that round!

:thumbsup:

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    They are not on the banned list, they are over 30, don't have the two feature. So unless it has a pistol grip or paratropper stock it should be ok

Plus c&r

I hope they are ok I would still like to pick up a IBM and Rockola

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Good on you Mooseman! How long have we been pestering you to get an M1 carbine?

My understanding is basic carbines are still OK after 10/1. When you get into folding stocks and other configs then the area is gray. It's a C&R rifle for goodness sake. Dontcha just love the MD ass hat logic?

And don't you be buying $2 per round 30 carbine ammo. Between me and 4570inMD, we got your back on reloading that round!

By the way it was 199 per 500, I need to freshen up my brass supply a little so it doesn't sound too bad. I shoot a lot of 30 carbine.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Jimbob2.0, thanks for your help. j8064, I know that I have needed one for quite sometime now. I am now a motivated buyer. Keep your eyes open for me.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    If you find two Buck let me know, I might be interested.
    Guess I could get used to the brass hitting me dead center in the forehead.:o

PGTMG

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2010
    They are not on the banned list, they are over 30, don't have the two feature. So unless it has a pistol grip or paratropper stock it should be ok

Plus c&r

I hope they are ok I would still like to pick up a IBM and Rockola

Why those two manufactures The reason I ask is that is what I have.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    By the way it was 199 per 500, I need to freshen up my brass supply a little so it doesn't sound too bad. I shoot a lot of 30 carbine.

Really? That's < 4 cents per round and a LOT cheaper than most of the rimfire 22 we can find. That doesn't pass a smell test.

:shrug:

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Very possible I'm wrong but don't the removable mag and the fact they have a bayo lug put them on the list?

As for the manufacturers I have always thought it was neat to find guns made during war timw by companies that otherwise would never build a firearm.

Smith corona 1903a3
    IMB or singer or rockola would all fit into that as well. A grease gun from GM would be pretty bad ass too!
    Though a tractor gun is prob my holy grail find right now.

Btw I hope I'm wrong with the two things I mentioned I thought I would be banned.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Why those two manufactures The reason I ask is that is what I have.

Serve moose man first as I am pretty well stocked.

Reason I am looking for the IBM and rockola is twofold.

One I have a Winchester early spring tube, a couple inlands, and underwood and a Howa.

Second I like the idea of a computer and juke box maker

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    You mean the Winchester with The Elmer Keith cartouche? :rofl:

But you know I'll be on the lookout for you.

I know that you will. Hooligans got each others backs. By the way Buff, if I find two, of course I will let you know. I found two Garands when I was looking for mine, so you never know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom